mavic 2 pro auto landed in ocean .cant work out why
596 20 2023-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 349649 ft
Australia

so all of a sudden it just went into landing mode, nothing i did would stop it.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5AD2GBI2QXN0286HZ1E2
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you took back your aircraft? Also, seems like your file was not uploaded here.
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No csv seen, as has been suggested by Meta4 in your thread on MavicPilots upload the .txt flight-log to Phantomhelp https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ and post the resulting URL on Mavicpilots and here.
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-26 03:43
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May we know if you took back your aircraft? Also, seems like your file was not uploaded here.

2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

slab Posted at 5-26 05:09

2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

nope shes gone
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thanks. Now we see the link. May we know if your drone flew away? Did you submit a case?
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-26 05:16
Thanks. Now we see the link. May we know if your drone flew away? Did you submit a case?

no it was just  hovering as usual then it entered landing mode, i couldnt press cancel i tried to fly upwards . .nothing!! submit case to who?its well past the dji care stage . never had anything like this happen and i have 100s of hours of flight time with many mavic dronnes
2023-5-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you dont think it was from pulling down on the stick?  
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

it the log it says its in confirm landing mode , i 100% didnt slide the toggle to activate landing , and i can see my thumbstick movements logged by the second, i hadnt confirmed landing and i wasnt even touchinbg the thumbsticks for over 10 seconds whikle it was descending . as i said i shoot surf only. not going to make silly mistakes like that
2023-5-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

slab Posted at 5-26 05:33
it the log it says its in confirm landing mode , i 100% didnt slide the toggle to activate landing , and i can see my thumbstick movements logged by the second, i hadnt confirmed landing and i wasnt even touchinbg the thumbsticks for over 10 seconds whikle it was descending . as i said i shoot surf only. not going to make silly mistakes like that

Naturally.   I understand you are a senior experienced pilot.  I am at the point I make a few mistakes now and then.  I also am still learning how to read these log files.  So in this entry, is that you pulling down the stick or is that part of the bug you found?
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

TonyPHX Posted at 5-26 06:33
Naturally.   I understand you are a senior experienced pilot.  I am at the point I make a few mistakes now and then.  I also am still learning how to read these log files.  So in this entry, is that you pulling down the stick or is that part of the bug you found?
[view_image]

No I pulled down, I was just reviewing it more .that photo was taken at -25m from takeoff . It then a second later entered landing mode usually done with the slider. Pressing cancel over and over before at -33m it was in the water .
IMG_2633.jpeg
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

I pulled down took the shot then never pulled down again from -25m
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do not see the drone being given throttle to fight the auto land descent.
As to why it entered auto land, look at the VPS, with the throttle closed might you have had the drone over breaking surf and it got splashed, causing the VPS to think it was at "landing protection" heights which, combined with the closed throttle, triggered landing? I do not say that is what happened but .....  JJB* etc. may well shoot that idea down

It looks to me as if the apparent lack of throttle during the auto landing killed the drone.
2023-5-26
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

slab Posted at 5-26 07:22
No I pulled down, I was just reviewing it more .that photo was taken at -25m from takeoff . It then a second later entered landing mode usually done with the slider. Pressing cancel over and over before at -33m it was in the water .

Sorry about the drone, but WOW!  That photo is AWESOME!!!!
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-26 07:59
I do not see the drone being given throttle to fight the auto land descent.
As to why it entered auto land, look at the VPS, with the throttle closed might you have had the drone over breaking surf and it got splashed, causing the VPS to think it was at "landing protection" heights which, combined with the closed throttle, triggered landing? I do not say that is what happened but .....  JJB* etc. may well shoot that idea down

i was tapping the x cancel button like a maniac .wiped screen kept pressing yes and maybe was sensor becuase i always have turned off.but one must slide to confim to enter auto land no?
2023-5-26
Use props
slab
lvl.1
Australia

slab Posted at 5-26 07:23
I pulled down took the shot then never pulled down again from -25m

yes thats 8+ metrees above the surface , i usually sit at about 3-4 m
2023-5-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

slab Posted at 5-26 18:05
i was tapping the x cancel button like a maniac .wiped screen kept pressing yes and maybe was sensor becuase i always have turned off.but one must slide to confim to enter auto land no?

I've never tried that approach but I have often given the drone full throttle when, with the drone below 18", I decided I didn't want to let the drone land. From memory in one experiment the drone had literally just touched down and it took off again. I do not remember if my approach results in the cancellation of the landing, at a guess it might since unless I were 'off the throttle' very quickly the drone would rapidly be above "landing protection" height, but even if it doesn't cancel the landing it gives me height to play with.

Not criticising your idea and what you attempted but, when the drone 'thinks' it is at "landing protection" heights, I do not know if your idea will work or even if it is supposed to work.

Normally, in those circumstances, I have only 18" of height and maybe a second or so of time to 'play' with. To my thinking it would simply take too long to implement such an 'attempted' cancellation, especially if I was in a panic - when, I think, there is a fair chance I would miss etc. the screen's button, so I go for something that I know works i.e. giving it full throttle.

2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

slab Posted at 5-26 05:22
no it was just  hovering as usual then it entered landing mode, i couldnt press cancel i tried to fly upwards . .nothing!! submit case to who?its well past the dji care stage . never had anything like this happen and i have 100s of hours of flight time with many mavic dronnes

May we double confirm that the warranty period of the aircraft has passed, too? If not, you can contact our support and apply for data analysis services.
2023-5-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 5-27 02:36
May we double confirm that the warranty period of the aircraft has passed, too? If not, you can contact our support and apply for data analysis services.

May we double confirm that the warranty period of the aircraft has passed, too?
It was a Mavic 2, so it's obviously well past its warranty period.
2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules