Flying Mavic 3 Pro with Downloaded Maps
1828 6 2023-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bsp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44652 ft
United States

While flying my Mavic 3 Pro in my area with local maps already downloaded, I switch from camera view to map view on my DJI RC Pro, but the map doesn’t appear, I just see basically an empty area.  

However, if I tap the screen, the map will briefly appear for 1-2 seconds before vanishing, and I see the empty area again.

I get the same behavior for both standard map mode and satellite imagery map mode.

I don’t ever remember it working this way when using my iPhone as the screen with the standard controller.

Am I doing something wrong?  Or, is this perhaps a software bug, or issue with my controller?

I am running the latest software and firmware.
2023-5-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bsp. Thank you for reaching out. Kindly follow the steps below to successfully download an offline map:

1. Ensure there is a network available for the DJI Fly app. (If it is an RC Pro, connect it to a Wifi network);
2. Open the DJI Fly app, there is a map in the bottom left corner of the camera view;
3. Click that map and you will enter the map;
4. Wait for the map loading, or drag the map to the aim location and zoom it to load the map details;
5. The map will be loaded in a few seconds;
6. Disconnect the Wifi or network to view the map and fly the drone without an internet connection.

If the issue persists, please make sure that the firmware version and app version are the latest; make sure that you have downloaded the offline map; please zoom in and out to see if the map can be viewed. Please keep us posted.
2023-5-29
Use props
bsp
lvl.1
United States

I will give these steps a try and post back the results - Thanks for the help!
2023-5-29
Use props
bsp
lvl.1
United States

Again - I've tried the steps list above, but still getting the same result.  Interestingly, if I'm NOT connected to the aircraft and disconnected from Wifi, and I navigate into Camera View, the Offline Maps work perfectly.

However, as soon as I connect to the aircraft, that is when my Offline Maps begin to behave oddly.  I'm including a link to a video of a Screen Recording I made which clearly illustrates the issue.

For some reason this editor isn't letting me create links, so here is the Url to the YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vliSrjblfSw
Please - I hope you have a solution!!

2023-5-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

bsp Posted at 5-30 10:59
Again - I've tried the steps list above, but still getting the same result.  Interestingly, if I'm NOT connected to the aircraft and disconnected from Wifi, and I navigate into Camera View, the Offline Maps work perfectly.

However, as soon as I connect to the aircraft, that is when my Offline Maps begin to behave oddly.  I'm including a link to a video of a Screen Recording I made which clearly illustrates the issue.

No odd behaviour at all. Tap the "i" in the top right of the map view and deselect "altitude zone".
2023-5-30
Use props
bsp
lvl.1
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 5-30 12:50
No odd behaviour at all. Tap the "i" in the top right of the map view and deselect "altitude zone".

Thank you for finally solving this mystery!!!!

However, it is certainly odd behavior to me, since I've never heard of this setting, and never touched this setting in any of my 5 DJI Drones and various Controllers, and none of them had this behavior.

Anyway - Thanks very much!
2023-5-30
Use props
djiuser_sl2OY7bKQ8aM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 488120 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2023-5-30 12:50

And way you can upload a pic of the "I" I'm dealing with the same issue on my rc pro where I downloaded the offline maps but when I fly and blow up the mini map the streets just disappear, whether I zoom in or out
3-8 13:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules