978 13 2023-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyFPV
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Higger Tor in the Peak District UK and just outside Sheffield. Met up with 2 of the guys for a FPV quad session. Early morning at 0630hrs, but worth the effort for flying at this stunning location. GepRC Mark 5 03 version with Crossfire and Goggle V2 with TrueRC Duality antennas fitted, powered by a DOGCOM 6s 1350 lipo battery. Filmed in 2.7K 60FPS with ND8 filter fitted. Enjoy -

2023-5-29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Lovely light, nice location. Just curious: do you "feel" the difference of X to D frame design? Personally I couldn't live with the props in view.
2023-5-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All the acrobatic moves there Corey. A great location for the meet.  Traditional drone footage of the scenery would be interesting to view as well
2023-5-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exhilarating footage Corey.    Fantastic location for FPV flying.  
2023-5-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one Corey.  
2023-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice flying!
2023-6-2
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 5-29 21:24
Lovely light, nice location. Just curious: do you "feel" the difference of X to D frame design? Personally I couldn't live with the props in view.

Strange question that, as I have just moved to the DC frame. I have recently return from Cyprus, but sadly the Mark 5 03 X-frame decided to go scuba diving. It was submerged in the sea for 10mins and it literally killed everything. Left it out in the sun and got life back in the 03 unit, but was unable to get the footage off it as it was too corrupted. That was with 3rd party software too. Got to about 70% fixing it and software said a firm NO.
2023-6-14
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

CoreyFPV Posted at 6-14 05:37
Strange question that, as I have just moved to the DC frame. I have recently return from Cyprus, but sadly the Mark 5 03 X-frame decided to go scuba diving. It was submerged in the sea for 10mins and it literally killed everything. Left it out in the sun and got life back in the 03 unit, but was unable to get the footage off it as it was too corrupted. That was with 3rd party software too. Got to about 70% fixing it and software said a firm NO.

That's a shame. But good to have the O3 still working. So you can "just" replace the other electronics...
I had a quad in the water for maybe 3 minutes and except for one motor all was fine, even the naked Gopro!
2023-6-14
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 6-14 05:45
That's a shame. But good to have the O3 still working. So you can "just" replace the other electronics...
I had a quad in the water for maybe 3 minutes and except for one motor all was fine, even the naked Gopro!

The 03 ended up being useless too in the end. Would have required 03 unit, F7 stack, Crossfire and 4 motors. Came to £420. Managed to get a new quad - Mark 5 03 DC for just over that.....No brainer really.
2023-6-14
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

CoreyFPV Posted at 6-14 05:47
The 03 ended up being useless too in the end. Would have required 03 unit, F7 stack, Crossfire and 4 motors. Came to £420. Managed to get a new quad - Mark 5 03 DC for just over that.....No brainer really.

Bad luck but as they say: that's fpv.
2023-6-14
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 6-14 05:53
Bad luck but as they say: that's fpv.

Flew down the beach, out over the sea and round some rock formations. Came back along the beach, oover the sea again, tricks, low level, round the rocks again. Went to turn, did a roll out the turn and it was like it failsafed on me, but with clear LOS and zero obstructions to the signal. Control went soggy and unresponsive and then she death rolled into the sea. Lucky for me, there was a family with snorkel gear and the daughter saw where it went into the sea. 10mins later, the son came out the water with the kwad. It's the only time in almost 8yrs of flying fpv that a quad has done this and she'd been rock solid everywhere else I've flown. the only possible thing was that it could have been an 03 overheating issue, what with how warm it was??? I will never know.
2023-6-14
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

CoreyFPV Posted at 6-14 06:01
Flew down the beach, out over the sea and round some rock formations. Came back along the beach, oover the sea again, tricks, low level, round the rocks again. Went to turn, did a roll out the turn and it was like it failsafed on me, but with clear LOS and zero obstructions to the signal. Control went soggy and unresponsive and then she death rolled into the sea. Lucky for me, there was a family with snorkel gear and the daughter saw where it went into the sea. 10mins later, the son came out the water with the kwad. It's the only time in almost 8yrs of flying fpv that a quad has done this and she'd been rock solid everywhere else I've flown. the only possible thing was that it could have been an 03 overheating issue, what with how warm it was??? I will never know.

Bummer.
Maybe DJI can shed some light here.
2023-6-14
Use props
CoreyFPV
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 6-14 06:20
Bummer.
Maybe DJI can shed some light here.

I crashed it badly before the holiday when I was in an abandoned location in Ipswich. I looked back over the footage since the crash and before the holiday and noticed a very small glitch in the recordings.....Maybe knocked something loose or slightly damaged the board. It's all resolved now though.....Where there's a will, there's a way
2023-6-21
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

CoreyFPV Posted at 6-21 02:11
I crashed it badly before the holiday when I was in an abandoned location in Ipswich. I looked back over the footage since the crash and before the holiday and noticed a very small glitch in the recordings.....Maybe knocked something loose or slightly damaged the board. It's all resolved now though.....Where there's a will, there's a way

That's fpv, as they say.
2023-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules