Error in the forward and downward vision sensors.
5231 24 2023-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chinmaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 733412 ft
Germany

I purchased the Mavic 3 Classic exactly 38 days ago as a replacement for my broken Mini 2. I expected it to be a significant upgrade, but unfortunately, that's not the case. Two days ago, during an evening sunset flight, I encountered a vision sensor error message. I initially attributed it to the low light conditions. However, even when I flew in the afternoon, I encountered the same vision sensor error, which was unexpected from a flagship DJI model. I attempted various troubleshooting methods, such as resetting and updating the drone using DJI assistance, but none of them resolved the issue. It's disappointing to experience this problem with a brand new drone, as I had higher expectations from DJI products. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has suggestions on how to resolve it, I would greatly appreciate your input.

error

error

error

error
2023-5-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. I'm sorry to know about this issue you've encountered. This is not the experience we want you to have. The vision systems may need calibration. At this time, the DJI Fly app will issue a prompt, and the aircraft will perform auto-calibration. This is normal. If auto calibration fails, please provide us with the following information: screenshots of the auto-calibration prompt, the calibration process, and the calibration results, or a video showing the entire process, so we can forward this to our relevant team for further assistance. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-5-30
Use props
Chinmaya
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Diana, I captured a video of the error/process, but I couldn't upload it due to restrictions. Therefore, I took a screenshot of the recording and uploaded it instead. When I attempted to launch the drone, I encountered a vision sensor error without any visible option or prompt to calibrate the vision sensors. I even tried launching the drone from the air, but the error persisted. Can you please provide any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?

Error

Error

Error

Error
IMG_1607.jpeg
2023-5-30
Use props
Chinmaya
lvl.1
Germany

I have upload the video to YouTube and the link  https://youtu.be/6tSYvTrQa6g
2023-5-30
Use props
TJay
lvl.3
Flight distance : 415830 ft
United States

Chinmaya Posted at 5-30 23:51
I have upload the video to YouTube and the link  https://youtu.be/6tSYvTrQa6g

A few other users have had the same issue.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3042237
2023-6-7
Use props
Chinmaya
lvl.1
Germany

I engaged in a telephonic discussion with representatives from DJI, but regrettably, they were unable to offer a resolution and advised me to dispatch the drone to the designated DJI service center. Given the absence of alternative options, I proceeded with the shipment, and the servicing procedure is presently underway. I will provide updates on the progress and outcome of this matter.
2023-6-7
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69111 ft
United States

I am having the same issue only about 20 mins flight time on it.
WHAT IS THE FIX ??
IMG_4595 copy.jpeg
2023-6-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

HawksEyeDrones Posted at 6-10 11:11
I am having the same issue only about 20 mins flight time on it.
WHAT IS THE FIX ??

Open a warranty claim with DJI!
2023-6-10
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

It went back to best buy yesterday , I have total tech and the new on is on the way! thanks.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Chinmaya Posted at 5-30 23:46
Hi Diana, I captured a video of the error/process, but I couldn't upload it due to restrictions. Therefore, I took a screenshot of the recording and uploaded it instead. When I attempted to launch the drone, I encountered a vision sensor error without any visible option or prompt to calibrate the vision sensors. I even tried launching the drone from the air, but the error persisted. Can you please provide any suggestions on how to resolve this issue?[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Based on the screenshot that you provided also the since the troubleshooting steps didn't fix the issue. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics. Please let us know if you need further assistance with your existing ticket to us. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HawksEyeDrones Posted at 6-11 00:27
It went back to best buy yesterday , I have total tech and the new on is on the way! thanks.

Hi there. Our apologies if you are having issues with your unit. We do apologize that you came out with a decision to send it for replacement. Hope that you receive it soon and if you need any assistance, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-11
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-11 04:12
Hi there. Our apologies if you are having issues with your unit. We do apologize that you came out with a decision to send it for replacement. Hope that you receive it soon and if you need any assistance, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.

So replacing was a good move then ? Is this an on going issue ? Has this been resolved in the newer builds ? .. there have been no answer on what is going on so far of why this is happing.
Thanks for any info ! I sure hope my new unit will be good to go ! :-)
2023-6-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HawksEyeDrones Posted at 6-12 04:49
So replacing was a good move then ? Is this an on going issue ? Has this been resolved in the newer builds ? .. there have been no answer on what is going on so far of why this is happing.
Thanks for any info ! I sure hope my new unit will be good to go ! :-)

Thank you for your response. If all the troubleshooting steps provided did not work, we highly suggest sending it for repair or replacement. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-6-15
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-15 01:04
Thank you for your response. If all the troubleshooting steps provided did not work, we highly suggest sending it for repair or replacement. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

So where are all the trouble shooting step located ? except to return it.

ANYWAYS I did return mine and got a new one, first thing I noticed is the Sensor
Errors, I said to myself OH **** , Then I  hit take off and when it rose the 3 feet the error
goes away for me, then when I land it comes back on... now Is this normal ?

Nobody seems to really know the fix or are they even working on this ?

Thanks for any Info

Lest I can fly now if its in the air :-)  and the Sensors work. ONLY IN THE AIR

Maybe tell the tech team this ?

Thanks !
2023-6-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HawksEyeDrones Posted at 6-15 05:43
So where are all the trouble shooting step located ? except to return it.

ANYWAYS I did return mine and got a new one, first thing I noticed is the Sensor

Thank you for your response. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please calibrate the vision sensor of the drone and see if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2023-6-16
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

That is the program I used when I brought home my new drone , then it still did what I said above. (( I always us Assistant 2  ))
Do I need to return this one as well ? OR give up and return for refund and wait until DJI figures all this out ?
2023-6-17
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-16 04:55
Thank you for your response. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and please calibrate the vision sensor of the drone and see if the issue persists? You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

here is today assistant photo

IMG_4630.jpg
2023-6-17
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

And I do not see the calibration tab
2023-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HawksEyeDrones Posted at 6-17 08:43
here is today assistant photo

Thank you for your response. My apologies for the confusion. I was able to clarify that you are using the DJI Mavic 3 Classic. Please be advised that DJI Mavic 3 Consumer and Enterprise series aircraft do not support calibration using DJI Assistant 2. The calibration function is not available when the drone is connected to DJI Assistant 2. Regarding the said issue, are you receiving the same exact error message about the sensor on your newly replaced unit? Please let us know. Thank you.
2023-6-19
Use props
HawksEyeDrones
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-19 01:57
Thank you for your response. My apologies for the confusion. I was able to clarify that you are using the DJI Mavic 3 Classic. Please be advised that DJI Mavic 3 Consumer and Enterprise series aircraft do not support calibration using DJI Assistant 2. The calibration function is not available when the drone is connected to DJI Assistant 2. Regarding the said issue, are you receiving the same exact error message about the sensor on your newly replaced unit? Please let us know. Thank you.

Yes I am , but not in flight,,,,, Only when it has landed and before lift off.
apparently that's how it is supposed to be to save battery time, why wasn't this
told to me a long time ago ? let me know if this is correct , nobody seems to know
about this issue and you guys made the drone.
the drone I returned that screen for the censors never went away after take off.
Thanks for any info !
2023-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

HawksEyeDrones Posted at 6-21 02:17
Yes I am , but not in flight,,,,, Only when it has landed and before lift off.
apparently that's how it is supposed to be to save battery time, why wasn't this
told to me a long time ago ? let me know if this is correct , nobody seems to know

Thank you for your response. We received an update from our team. When the aircraft is using the latest firmware version, the aircraft will disable vision sensors when it is on the ground to reduce power consumption. After the propellers rotate, all vision sensors will be enabled. Please feel free to use them. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-6-22
Use props
djiuser_27nlxwyzdIQL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4661755 ft

Brazil

Estou com mesmo problema assistente não está disponível para Mavic 3 para calibração dos sensores
4-21 12:33
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_27nlxwyzdIQL Posted at 4-21 12:33
Estou com mesmo problema assistente não está disponível para Mavic 3 para calibração dos sensores

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific error message did you received on the DJI Fly app with your Mavic 3 aircraft so we can check it further. When using the DJI Mavic 3, if the vision sensor needs calibration, a prompt will appear on the DJI Fly app and calibration will be performed automatically. Please keep us posted with the error message so we can assist you further. Thank you.
4-22 04:04
Use props
djiuser_27nlxwyzdIQL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4661755 ft

Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-22 04:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific error message did you received on the DJI Fly app with your Mavic 3 aircraft so we can check it further. When using the DJI Mavic 3, if the vision sensor needs calibration, a prompt will appear on the DJI Fly app and calibration will be performed automatically. Please keep us posted with the error message so we can assist you further. Thank you.

Isso é muito frustrante sobre o sensor de visão não ser calibrado no aplicativo de assistência, meu drone esta fora da garantia ,
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6GzYQoOnAh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
4-23 05:52
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_27nlxwyzdIQL Posted at 4-23 05:52
Isso é muito frustrante sobre o sensor de visão não ser calibrado no aplicativo de assistência, meu drone esta fora da garantia ,
https://www.instagram.com/p/C6GzYQoOnAh/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thank you for your response and sorry for the inconvenience. Upon checking the error messages that you sent,  I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support or you may contact the dealer where you purchase the unit to check their after-sales policy. We appreciate your understanding and support.
4-24 23:56
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules