Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UAViator53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

From M30 manual:
When the aircraft enters the Three-Propeller Emergency Landing mode, the remote controller will vibrate to alert the user. At the same time, the aircraft will spin rapidly and automatically descend by default. The stick that controls the backward and forward movements of the aircraft will be adjusted to control movements in the north and south directions, and the stick controlling the left and right movements will be adjusted to control east and west.

Confused. Which is the  stick controlling the left and right movements?? Right stick, correct?

2023-5-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

This happened to me last week. A propeller that has decided to flee.

In fact, there is no left right, ahead behind. In mode 2 the Elevator stick points north south, and the Aileron one points east west.

I assure you, it's not intuitive at all, the drone descends so fast, if you're not pointing in the right direction (facing north) it's uncontrollable. I sent mine straight into a tree.
2023-5-30
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-30 14:35
This happened to me last week. A propeller that has decided to flee.

In fact, there is no left right, ahead behind. In mode 2 the left stick points north south, and the right one points east west.

Now im really confused. I've always flown in Mode 2.(left stick yaw and throttle, right stick FWD, RWD, LEFT AND RIGHT.

So If it goes into TPE MODE, the left stick is not throttle? How do I slow the fall?
2023-5-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

UAViator53 Posted at 5-30 14:40
Now im really confused. I've always flown in Mode 2.(left stick yaw and throttle, right stick FWD, RWD, LEFT AND RIGHT.

So If it goes into TPE MODE, the left stick is not throttle? How do I slow the fall?

Everything is concentrated on the right joystick. You no longer have control over the vertical speed and yaw.
Either way, it's going downhill at breakneck speed. I didn't have time to begin to understand which way he was going, he was already in the tree.
2023-5-30
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-30 14:43
Everything is concentrated on the right joystick. You no longer have control over the vertical speed and yaw.
Either way, it's going downhill at breakneck speed. I didn't have time to begin to understand which way he was going, he was already in the tree.

Oh boy. No throttle control to minimize impact speed....not very useful.

So trying to use the right stick to head in the direction you want (while the thing is rotating wildly) is pretty much futile.

Was it an M30? How much damage?
2023-5-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

UAViator53 Posted at 5-30 14:47
Oh boy. No throttle control to minimize impact speed....not very useful.

So trying to use the right stick to head in the direction you want (while the thing is rotating wildly) is pretty much futile.

One arm broken, 4 propeler broken, gimbal broken.

In this video it look like it is possible to regain altitude control. I did not have the chance to succeed in this because the dropout was so violent.
2023-5-30
Use props
UAViator53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-30 14:54
One arm broken, 4 propeler broken, gimbal broken.
https://youtu.be/5-nisQPmVl4

I've seen this video.  Wonder if anyone told DJI it's of no value and does not help the pilot to recover.
Thanks for the replies.
2023-5-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

I think if the drone is very high it's a pretty cool feature.  

If it's low like in my case it's a real cut throat.  At a certain distance from the ground, a power cut for the motors would be more appropriate.  

He went to stand in a tree and even in the branches he continued to turn on himself.  The CSC takes a few seconds to act.
2023-5-30
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13349895 ft
  • >>>
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 5-30 15:18
I think if the drone is very high it's a pretty cool feature.  

If it's low like in my case it's a real cut throat.  At a certain distance from the ground, a power cut for the motors would be more appropriate.  

I've often wondered about this mode but luckily never had first hand experience with it. What payload did you have on it? I'm curious what the usefulness of it would be with a 4-5 pound lidar payload on it and this happen. I imagine it would be on the ground before the pilot gets a full understanding of what's happening.
2023-5-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Johnnokomis Posted at 5-30 16:16
I've often wondered about this mode but luckily never had first hand experience with it. What payload did you have on it? I'm curious what the usefulness of it would be with a 4-5 pound lidar payload on it and this happen. I imagine it would be on the ground before the pilot gets a full understanding of what's happening.

LiDAR L1 got ejected. The vibration dumpers did not resist. I don't know if he was ejected when the drone started to turn on itself or when it encountered the obstacles. It went so fast. According to the altitude recorded in the flight log, when the L1 disconnects, it is at the top of the trees. So I'll go for the second option.

I sent it for repair, before that I sent the .DAT flightlogs for analysis. I have to write a thread about this to make the procedure clear for other users, because again DJI was confused. I received a first email explaining how to extract the .DAT file by looking for it in memory. I sent, then 3 days later a second mail explaining to me that it is not the good one, it is necessary to pass by DJI Assistant 2. Indeed while passing by the memory the file weighs 500kb. and going through DJI Assistant 2 it weighs 180Mb. For the same flight. We've been going around in circles for more than a week now and still no answer.

Anyway I don't expect anything other than "Operator error". The landing zone is a meadow with a radius of 10m around the take-off point surrounded by trees. No choice !
2023-6-1
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

This is the main reason we use AVSS PRS300 on our M300 :-) The 3props is not safe nor reliable enough ( in our opinion )
2023-6-1
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

AR_AirPrecision Posted at 6-1 01:34
This is the main reason we use AVSS PRS300 on our M300 :-) The 3props is not safe nor reliable enough ( in our opinion )

I gave up parachutes a long time ago. It's like the video above showing the three propeler landing. If the problem reaches a reasonable height, no problem, it works. But in real life, and this happened to me twice, the time to understand what is happening, to think about triggering the parachute, this aggravates the problem more than anything else.

The first is an S1000 which became uncontrollable, the drone was in the trees before the parachute had time to inflate. Result I spent more time removing the parachute from the tree, and the drone was still destroyed.

The second was a Tarrot with a DJI A2. An arm folded in flight, very bad idea to trigger the parachute. Same, the parachute didn't have time to inflate, it got caught in the propellers which were still turning despite the circuit breaker. It just made a ball that hit the ground.

Following this, I banned parachutes for forestry activities. In addition, its mass pumps the battery for nothing.
2023-6-1
Use props
AR_AirPrecision
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

C5 & C6 require a PRS. But it’s part of a layer of security measures.
2023-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules