12Next >
6436 58 2023-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

I have the Mini 3 Pro and for the past few months, I have been reading here and in other forums, about the overheating problem...

I would like to see the percentage of people that have actually experienced the warning on the screen and when... The geographical location, and the time of the year does play a part in this for sure... So feel free to add it if you wish

I understand that we need to be below the 250 grams, but I also would like to know, that I can confidently fly any time of the year, when the temperature is in the correct range..

So far I have only experience one warning, while updating the firmware on day one, but it actually never shutted down...

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 5 entry optional ), Total 68 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 35 Day19 Hour42 Min

Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-5-31
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

I have flown it in mid afternoon sun when the temperature was 43°C 20 mins flight & zero warning, as long as the breeze is flowing & drone is actually moving the heat gets released, if you hover in one place then it can heat up & show you warning.
I only had overheat warning once while doing a hyperlapse, so I cancel it & brought the drone down.  
2023-5-31
Use props
JMCANZO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305581 ft
United States

I got the warning when it was on but sitting on the ground, no rotors running
2023-6-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Experienced it once a year ago when I was updating firmware for the first time. I was actually tempting the warning. Since then I use a small fan when doing updates and have never had a problem since.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

JMCANZO Posted at 6-1 04:18
I got the warning when it was on but sitting on the ground, no rotors running

Doesnt matter if rotor is running or not. If the drone is on, its producing heat. Turn your drone on with props not spinning. Wait a few mins and go touch your drone. It will be hot. The drone needs to be flying so air can go into the drone to cool it. Leaving it on the table or hoving in same spot for too long you will get the overheat warning.
2023-6-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Thank you to everyone that has reply so far... Nice to see the green line staying in front of the other three in the poll...
2023-6-1
Use props
Whatever_12
lvl.3
Flight distance : 354639 ft
Poland

I just had problems with overheating that turned me away from the mini 3pro. Several youtubers complained about it strongly. I hope some update fixed it.
2023-6-1
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Whatever_12 Posted at 6-1 10:00
I just had problems with overheating that turned me away from the mini 3pro. Several youtubers complained about it strongly. I hope some update fixed it.

You cant fix overheating issue with firmware. The mini 3 pro doesnt have built in fan. It needs to keep flying to get air to pass through it to cool it down. Larger drones, like the mavic 3 pro have built in fan. So they dont have overheating issues. I hope the mini 4 will have built in fan.
2023-6-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Whatever_12 Posted at 6-1 10:00

Do you still have the Mini 3 Pro?
2023-6-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. DJI Mini 3 Pro is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. Additionally, the new structural design with propellers that have been adjusted for a more aerodynamic flight, allows the drone to use the wind generated by the propellers to dissipate heat, ensuring good heat dissipation effects during the flight.

If the drone stays in standby mode for a long time and uses the remote controller to transfer photo or video files or other related operations, its temperature may continuously rise. At this time, it is recommended that you need to power off the aircraft to cool down or take off the aircraft. DJI Mini 3 Pro comes with a built-in temperature control system that the drone can detect the current temperature and decide whether to automatically power off to prevent overheat.
2023-6-1
Use props
Whatever_12
lvl.3
Poland

Burt37 Posted at 6-1 11:50
Do you still have the Mini 3 Pro?

Sorry I wrote it bad.  Hurry ;) I was wondering what to buy and problems with overheating decided that I bought air2s (here I regret that there is no usb-c to charge the battery. And that it is so loud. But you can't have everything)
2023-6-1
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Whatever_12 Posted at 6-1 23:25
Sorry I wrote it bad.  Hurry ;) I was wondering what to buy and problems with overheating decided that I bought air2s (here I regret that there is no usb-c to charge the battery. And that it is so loud. But you can't have everything)

But why then you picked option 3 in the poll, if you don't even have the drone???
2023-6-4
Use props
Whatever_12
lvl.3
Poland

Burt37 Posted at 6-4 11:08
But why then you picked option 3 in the poll, if you don't even have the drone???

Becaus I flew it a few times, I had it on rental.
2023-6-5
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177516 ft
Germany

In fact, it has only happened to me once so far. And that was during the initial setup of the drone. After I made all the settings, I updated the firmware and the flysafe data. Room temperature around 20 °C. That was probably too much or took too long.
2023-6-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Whatever_12 Posted at 6-5 02:34
Becaus I flew it a few times, I had it on rental.

Got ya...
2023-6-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Fulmo Posted at 6-5 05:38
In fact, it has only happened to me once so far. And that was during the initial setup of the drone. After I made all the settings, I updated the firmware and the flysafe data. Room temperature around 20 °C. That was probably too much or took too long.

Did it actually shut down or you just got the warning...?

When I got my warning, it was a very hot day. I tried again the update in the evening, and everything went well..

Never got the warning again since then... One day after a flight, when I pick it up, it was uncomfortable to the touch (top of the unit) and you could smell the plastic a bit, but It never shut down or gave me any warning, so I guess we are ok...
2023-6-5
Use props
Fulmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 177516 ft
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 6-5 11:46
Did it actually shut down or you just got the warning...?

When I got my warning, it was a very hot day. I tried again the update in the evening, and everything went well..

If I remember correctly, the warning came. The update was already done. In normal operation, I have had no problems so far.
2023-6-5
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Ranjan Posted at 5-31 20:27
I have flown it in mid afternoon sun when the temperature was 43°C 20 mins flight & zero warning, as long as the breeze is flowing & drone is actually moving the heat gets released, if you hover in one place then it can heat up & show you warning.
I only had overheat warning once while doing a hyperlapse, so I cancel it & brought the drone down.

Overheating while hovering basically makes this drone no good at all for what I need it to do.
2023-6-5
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Pastime Posted at 6-5 19:10
Overheating while hovering basically makes this drone no good at all for what I need it to do.

So yours actually did overheated while hovering? Did you get a forced landing? Temperature?
2023-6-7
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-7 00:04
So yours actually did overheated while hovering? Did you get a forced landing? Temperature?

I do not own one for that very reason,I have heard enough horror stories.
2023-6-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Pastime Posted at 6-7 06:34
I do not own one for that very reason,I have heard enough horror stories.

That's great, but why would you vote "Yes while hovering" if you never had or owned the drone???

What's the point of your vote?
2023-6-7
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-7 11:45
That's great, but why would you vote "Yes while hovering" if you never had or owned the drone???

What's the point of your vote?

The point of my vote is I have a right to vote on the matter.
2023-6-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Pastime Posted at 6-7 17:37
The point of my vote is I have a right to vote on the matter.

Yeah... And with your personal understanding and knowledge of the matter, your vote is so important to us!

You also have the right to remain silent, but that it seems often forgotten...

I fixed the Poll just for you. Thanks...

2023-6-7
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-7 19:52
Yeah... And with your personal understanding and knowledge of the matter, your vote is so important to us!

You also have the right to remain silent, but that it seems often forgotten...

No time,patience or energy for immature behavior that I have run across before on here.
So I am done here.Before I go one does not have to own this drone to realize that some have
had issues with it.Did you start this poll because it was not having any issues.Look wake up
no fan in a drone it will have overheating issues somewhere along the line .I do own both Autel
and DJI brand drones so yes I believe I have some knowledge here.
As far as my vote I could care less if it matters to you or not.
Kindly do not reply,and I will do the same.
2023-6-7
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Pastime Posted at 6-7 21:59
No time,patience or energy for immature behavior that I have run across before on here.
So I am done here.Before I go one does not have to own this drone to realize that some have
had issues with it.Did you start this poll because it was not having any issues.Look wake up

Please don't let the door hit your ass on your way out...

And next time we make a poll about drones we don't own or know nothing about, I'll call you...

2023-6-7
Use props
Pastime
Second Officer
United States

Burt37 Posted at 6-7 23:48
Please don't let the door hit your ass on your way out...

And next time we make a poll about drones we don't own or know nothing about, I'll call you...

Wow,I just do not know what to say but I will leave by just saying grow up.
I am moving on.
No reply wanted or needed,but your kind always will  as they feel it is some sort of
victory to get the last word in.
2023-6-8
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Pastime Posted at 6-8 05:51
Wow,I just do not know what to say but I will leave by just saying grow up.
I am moving on.
No reply wanted or needed,but your kind always will  as they feel it is some sort of

Does your mum know that you are still here?

I promise, next time I'll call you... Now go, please...

2023-6-8
Use props
fansf627ab25
lvl.1

Pakistan

Yes, it is possible for the Mini 3 Pro drone, like any electronic device, to experience overheating under certain conditions. Overheating can occur due to factors such as high ambient temperatures, prolonged usage, or demanding flight maneuvers. It's important to be mindful of the operating environment and follow the manufacturer's guidelines to minimize the risk of overheating.
2023-6-14
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

fansf627ab25 Posted at 6-14 14:11
Yes, it is possible for the Mini 3 Pro drone, like any electronic device, to experience overheating under certain conditions. Overheating can occur due to factors such as high ambient temperatures, prolonged usage, or demanding flight maneuvers. It's important to be mindful of the operating environment and follow the manufacturer's guidelines to minimize the risk of overheating.

No sorry... If the electronic device it is designed properly, it should NOT happen... There is an entire industry designed to keep electronics components cool or to work at a specific operating temperature...
2023-6-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-17 14:55
No sorry... If the electronic device it is designed properly, it should NOT happen... There is an entire industry designed to keep electronics components cool or to work at a specific operating temperature...

Fans and heatsinks for the most part, but this Mini 3 Pro was built with keeping it under 250g in mind, therefore, they had to lose the fan but it was designed in such a way that the props would keep it cool, this will only work to some extent, hovering in direct sunlight on a hot windless day is over exerting the efficiency of the props, same goes for doing such things as updating the firmware in a warm-ish room.

The heat sink can only do so much, it is not a design flaw or designed improperly, it was built this way on purpose.
2023-6-17
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-17 17:53
Fans and heatsinks for the most part, but this Mini 3 Pro was built with keeping it under 250g in mind, therefore, they had to lose the fan but it was designed in such a way that the props would keep it cool, this will only work to some extent, hovering in direct sunlight on a hot windless day is over exerting the efficiency of the props, same goes for doing such things as updating the firmware in a warm-ish room.

The heat sink can only do so much, it is not a design flaw or designed improperly, it was built this way on purpose.

You have your opinion and I have mine!

Also, why bother to complain about me and then reply like it never happen...

You are a dobber and I have no business with you... Why don't you just ignore me, please...
2023-6-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 6-17 19:55
You have your opinion and I have mine!

Also, why bother to complain about me and then reply like it never happen...

I complained because you were abusive to another member, that should have been obvious to you.

I replied because your reply was insinuating that DJI didn't design it properly, and its not an opinion of mine, its fact, granted, yours is an opinion and you have the right as i do to correct it, iI just cannot sit back and ignore it although i do wish there was an ignore button.

2023-6-18
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-18 03:16
I complained because you were abusive to another member, that should have been obvious to you.

I replied because your reply was insinuating that DJI didn't design it properly, and its not an opinion of mine, its fact, granted, yours is an opinion and you have the right as i do to correct it, iI just cannot sit back and ignore it although i do wish there was an ignore button.

He is still at it Bashy it looks like,please give us an ignore button on here ,it would be a good start.
2023-6-18
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bashy Posted at 6-18 03:16
iI just cannot sit back and ignore it although i do wish there was an ignore button.

Get a life...
2023-6-18
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Burt37 Posted at 6-17 14:55

The drone is designed for flights at temperatures from -10 to +40, taking into account the fact that it is desirable for him to fly, and not to hover in one place. It was not made to fly at +100.
2023-6-18
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Drone.Hunter Posted at 6-18 17:42
The drone is designed for flights at temperatures from -10 to +40, taking into account the fact that it is desirable for him to fly, and not to hover in one place. It was not made to fly at +100.

You call that a designed feature (flight at temperature from 10° to 40°). I call that a design limitation...

We are saying the same thing, but based on where you are on this planet, it can make the difference...

I would gladly swap 20 grams of battery for a fan in this drone, or maybe one of these...

https://www.amazon.com/RCstyle-r ... nting/dp/B0B8HH4TQD

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/364285159317

2023-6-18
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

Burt37 Posted at 6-18 20:05
You call that a designed feature (flight at temperature from 10° to 40°). I call that a design limitation...

We are saying the same thing, but based on where you are on this planet, it can make the difference...

You have a choice: Air 2s, Mavic 3
2023-6-19
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

This little thing overheats when is grounded and turned ON, transmitting images to whatever screen, even when you are updating sofware. It´s so cramped to weight 249g than it´s impossible to have an internal fan. So I put a fan in front of it, end of problem.
2023-6-19
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

AsturianCetorix Posted at 6-19 08:12
This little thing overheats when is grounded and turned ON, transmitting images to whatever screen, even when you are updating sofware. It´s so cramped to weight 249g than it´s impossible to have an internal fan. So I put a fan in front of it, end of problem.

In warm to hot weather when the mini 3 pro is hovering for a while lets say if the drone is over
water taking still photos,whats to stop it from overheating getting the warning on screen and then
force landing right in the drink.Some have said as long as the drone is moving you are ok with no issues.
However for still photography hovering is required.End of one problem when the mini 3 pro is on the desk when doing updates.So the props blowing hot air helping to cool the mini 3 pro components,lol
no.
2023-6-21
Use props
hesveymartin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192825 ft
Philippines

I felt the room just got a bit HOT there..can DJI install cooling fans for hot rooms like this in the future? lol..stay cool everyone!
2023-6-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules