Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Who is DJI's favorite?
1551 36 2015-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woni30
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3103881 ft
United States

My Inspire 1 was crashed by a seagull. Sent it in 7/1 and checked in 7/9. Not a single word since.I know they moved to a new facility and this delayed everything.
I also understand that DJI is trying to fix the current problems but there's one thing I don't understand.

How do the technicians pick the units that need to be fixed?
I thought the units will be fixed by turns if you sent it earlier then yours should be fixed earlier than ones that arrived DJI repair center later.
But it looks like this general idea does not apply to DJI's repair center. It seems so random!!

I know there are expedite procedures for some customers but what I have seen is not the expedite ones but some of them were treated better than others. WHY?
I have to admit that I will love the special treatment but how does DJI pick these special cases?

I have been following all(if not most) the threads with repair here on DJI forum and Facebook groups.
There are several people posted their stories.
One guy from facebook said he sent it his i1 to the repair center and it was checked in 6/23/15. He got his invoice of $235 and paid the same day which was this monday(8/24/15)
A few days later (today, 8/26), he updated his status. DJI is sending a brand new unit instead of fixing his old one to expedite the process.

I also remember one guy who flew his i1 to water and the unit was not fixable. He admitted it was his fault but DJI sent him a brand new unit without charging anything.
I am happy for him but why him? not others?

It's just almost impposible to understand how their system works.

2015-8-26
Use props
sasoto1
lvl.1

United States

I think if you buy yours directly from DJI then it may get faster service.  Which would really be not fair on their part.
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

sasoto1@cox.net Posted at 2015-8-27 04:50
I think if you buy yours directly from DJI then it may get faster service.  Which would really be no ...

It may but it's still not FAIR at all.
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

OK. I know another guy because we talked several times on FB. His i1 was received and checked in on the exact same day as mine. He received an email that DJI is replacing his bird to a new one. His bird has really minor problem and I believe it was just faulty unit but still! I would not expect a free bird but at least I want to hear about mine. I really hope all others get theirs soon too. Good luck to all of you who are waiting patiently.
2015-8-26
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-27 04:55
It may but it's still not FAIR at all.

after the latest upgrade I had to send my Inspire in, it showed an esc error and the motors would not start.

I sent it in a week ago tomorrow, they received this last Monday. I got a note that it had been placed in que Monday night.  I received a note Tuesday that it had been fixed, an esc replaced had been test flown and was ready to ship back.  On Wednesday (today) I received a tracking number I think I will receive on Friday, exactly one week and one day after I sent it in.

That is incredibly fast service.  The factory said it was fully updated and fully operational,  I will be looking for the drift or any other problems, it flew absolutely perfect before the upgrade.

It seems as though they have different techs that work in different areas when you enter into queue depending on your problem, the line may be longer I would think that catastrophic crashes requiring viewing logs ect. would take a lot longer, also my Inspire was only three weeks old,   I think circumstances determine what queue line of techs your inspire is placed in.
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-27 10:15
after the latest upgrade I had to send my Inspire in, it showed an esc error and the motors would  ...

Wow. I am very happy for you but again it's really unfair. There are many people that have been waiting for 8wks even 10wks or more but only some of them got back theirs less than two wks. What's wrong DJI? I really like their products but I am really disappointed at their service.
2015-8-26
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-27 10:30
Wow. I am very happy for you but again it's really unfair. There are many people that have been wa ...

Hi Woni30
I almost hated to post that knowing what others are going through,  I sure wish you and others would have had the same experience as myself.  I think as far behind as they are In order to correct that situation,  they might have established something like a cut off date that all things coming in now be placed in a seperate queue situation, different techs, whatever, and try to establish and keep , say a one week turnaround, on anything coming in as they try to overtime get caught up. If they could catch up then they would suddenly  be running smoothly with a quick turn around, for all and not be constantly behind. It does seem random though at this point dosen't it.  As critical as I have been I am very surprised by this.
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-8-27 11:29
Hi Woni30
I almost hated to post that knowing what others are going through,  I sure wish you and o ...

Hi mtnmaddman, don't get me wrong or don't feel bad that you got your i1 back earlier than most people. I have no problem people getting their repaired i1 sooner than they expected. It's actually quite nice to see this happens more often. I am only frustrated because I didn't get mine back. I didn't really pay attention to this problem until mine got crashed. As you said, I do hope they are catching things up now. I have seen so many people got notification today and they were all offered a new unit instead of a repaired unit. So I think you are right about DJI tries to cut turn around time off by taking care of newer RMA units or/and giving out new units. Again congrats on your new bird! Safe Flight!
2015-8-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

after the latest upgrade I had to send my Inspire in, it showed an esc error and the motors would  ...

Great to hear it. I hope this means your luck is turning around.

Dave
2015-8-26
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Woni30, sorry to hear yours is taking so long.

Dave
2015-8-26
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

just entered week 9 in LA repair center. already paid the bill. just waiting again for the next step. hoping to have it back for my posponed vacation.
2015-8-26
Use props
bob.northland1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 334360 ft
United States

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-27 10:30
Wow. I am very happy for you but again it's really unfair. There are many people that have been wa ...

Just wanted to respond to your post.  I am two days away from waiting eight weeks for DJI to get back to me about my I1 which they received June 29.  I sent it in because of two fly aways..  The last one forced me to basically put it down into the ground.
Today I got a notification from DJI Repair that they are sending me a new Inspire one to " expedite the repair process " and they thanked me for supporting DJI products.  I don't know how this helps anyone else, but I hope this is an indication that DJI is trying to get up to speed on doing a better job with customer support.
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

bob.northland1 Posted at 2015-8-27 13:33
Just wanted to respond to your post.  I am two days away from waiting eight weeks for DJI to get b ...

If I am not mistaken, I think I saw your post on FB (DJI Inspire 1 owners group). I saw at least 4-5 people get the same notification as you did. I am actually hoping to get the same notification by tomorrow if not at least this week. Thanks for the sharing!
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-27 13:22
Woni30, sorry to hear yours is taking so long.

Thanks Dave. I've been waiting for 8 wks now and I was preparing for another 3-4 wks but then I am hearing other people getting their i1 back. And those people sent theirs around same time as I did. I feel abandoned. If I hear something back from your tech dept by this week, I will be very happy.
2015-8-26
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-27 13:29
just entered week 9 in LA repair center. already paid the bill. just waiting again for the next step ...

sorry man. I hope you get your i1 in no time!
2015-8-26
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

That is how it should work, but mine was checked in 7/9 and awaits two motors to be fixed. Nothing, and I fly commercially with a 333. So, is there a logic to this madness? Only on my side of the equation.
2015-8-27
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-8-27 17:54
That is how it should work, but mine was checked in 7/9 and awaits two motors to be fix ...

So I guess I was not the only one. Mine was also checked in 7/9 but nothing yet. As I said, there's a guy who sent it and checked in on a same day you did, he received the notification yesterday. I wish I get the notification by this week. Hope you get yours too! Cheers!
2015-8-27
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-27 14:22
sorry man. I hope you get your i1 in no time!

Well, I received an email shortly after posting I was entering week 9, The email from DJI Tech was informing me that all of the repairs have been done, it's been test flown, updated (that scares me), and is in perfect working order and they will issue a tracking number by email tomorrow. Can't wait!!!!!
2015-8-27
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-28 07:22
Well, I received an email shortly after posting I was entering week 9, The email from DJI Tech was ...

Congrats! Was it repaired under warranty! Or did you receive an invoice? If you did receive the invoice can you share the amount?
2015-8-27
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

It was not repaired under warranty it was 100% my fault. the repair bill was cheap $264.00 USD not bad for two broken arms and the camera ripped off.
2015-8-28
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-28 05:11
It was not repaired under warranty it was 100% my fault. the repair bill was cheap $264.00 USD not b ...

Thanks for the sharing! Wow that was not bad at all. Mine is much worse than that. Haven't received the invoice yet but one arm, one motor, camera, gimbal, battery connecting pins and maybe more.  I hope I can get it around $500 but f DJI gets me a special treatment as others, will take it. Again safe flight!
2015-8-28
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I crashed mine with an electrical cable, just shipped today, will keep you post it!
2015-8-28
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-28 07:54
Thanks for the sharing! Wow that was not bad at all. Mine is much worse than that. Haven't receive ...

I just received another email from DJI. They have shipped my I1 and issued a tracking #
"Rosie's on her way home" YEEEEEEEEEHHAAAAAAAAA
2015-8-28
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-28 15:42
I just received another email from DJI. They have shipped my I1 and issued a tracking #
"Rosie's o ...

Congrats, Fred! Happy flight!
2015-8-28
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Woni30 Posted at 2015-8-28 16:57
Congrats, Fred! Happy flight!

thank you. Woni30 I can't wait
2015-8-28
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

I was really hoping to see some update today but nothing. Please get my i1 back, DJI!!
2015-8-28
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sent mine in 6/15/15 Just got notice that it is on way back to me today 8/28/15.... DJI Inspire department is a huge toilet bowl. Need to send my second unit in for minor repairs... definitely not something I am looking forward to...
2015-8-28
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-8-28 23:47
Sent mine in 6/15/15 Just got notice that it is on way back to me today 8/28/15.... DJI Inspire depa ...

I wonder what the new turn around would be. There's a guy in this post said he got his i1 back within a week without expedite RMA. Can you report back the turn around with your second  unit? Hope the turn around for new RMA takes less than 2 wks.
2015-8-30
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Well I got screwed. I just got a bill for $729 to fix two motors not spinning. No other structural damage. At 9+ weeks, I cannot risk it being sent back without repair, so I just PayPal paid DJI for the repair.
I guess I was chosen to eat s**t for the freebies given to others
2015-8-30
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-8-30 14:11
Well I got screwed. I just got a bill for $729 to fix two motors not spinning. No other structural d ...

Only two motors and they billed you $729? That sounds too much.
2015-8-31
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-8-30 17:11
Well I got screwed. I just got a bill for $729 to fix two motors not spinning. No other structural d ...

I'm not sure what your gaining by lying about what happened to your Inspire 1and what it took to fix it.  It's well documented the struggles DJI is experiencing in keeping up with the service demand a mass produced "consumer" drone has created. It would seem they severely underestimated the carnage created by placing high performing drones in the not so capable hands of the entitled generation. As per Tahoe Ed "I checked your invoice.  They replaced all 4 motors and escs, one arm, the center frame and the retract mechanism.  Your crash was a major one.  The cost was inline with the damage in my opinion.  " So 4 motors, one arm, the center frame, and retract motor. I too would say that was a major crash. So if it's sympathy you seek for your misfortune just ask for a group hug. As it is I'm sure we all feel sorry for you as you feel you need to lie to seek attention.  
2015-9-1
Use props
ray_gauvreau
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-2
Use props
Woni30
lvl.2
United States

I finally got my invoice yesterday(9/1/15). It's been almost 8wks after checked in. I know my camera/gimbal were broken as well as a motor. Somehow DJI did not charge for these. The invoice was way cheaper than I expected but still I don't like how much I had to wait and the wait is not ended yet.
2015-9-2
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-8-26 23:18
Great to hear it. I hope this means your luck is turning around.

Hi Dave I am not sure about anyone's luck turning around when I read all of this about drones, future laws and dji's problems it is very stressful to all,  I have had model aircraft as a hobby for almost 60 years now ,  and I never could have imagined all of this,  This elevated emotional jerking is not what this hobby should be, Could you please link to and make a comment on this. http://forum.dji.com/thread-29040-1-1.html
2015-9-3
Use props
njabinc
lvl.2

United States

ray_gauvreau Posted at 2015-9-2 13:07
There are NO excuses for how DJI treats their customers (one time only customers).

njabinc ... how ...

Although it may not be clear from my post I was quoting Tahoe Ed, a DJI employee and frequent poster here, who answer with that info on another thread where he claimed of being overcharged. My response was a product of seeing him post the same untruth in multiple threads.
2015-9-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-9-3 06:07
Hi Dave I am not sure about anyone's luck turning around when I read all of this about drones, fut ...

Ok, I will look into it and start posting in that thread.
2015-9-3
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

ray_gauvreau Posted at 2015-9-2 10:07
There are NO excuses for how DJI treats their customers (one time only customers).

njabinc ... how ...

Ray, Do you ever have anything good to say?  I am starting to notice a pattern with you.
2015-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules