Need to transfer flight log from different DJI account to report flight issue
947 4 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris941
lvl.1

Belgium

Hi - I’m currently doing a job for another company with their Mavic 3 Pro.

I’ve been logged into my own DJI account for these flights as it’s the simplest way for me to log my flight hours on an aircraft which isn’t mine. (DJI certainly make it difficult for this to be done in any other way, but don’t get me started)

There was a crazy height loss issue yesterday while I was flying a hyperlapse, which nearly caused the drone to descent into the sea.

The boss needs to send logs from that flight to DJI to follow up on a warranty / replacement claim.
However the logs are in my name.

Can someone explain how to get the flight logs transferred from my account into their DJI account?

We do both have Airdata accounts, however it’s the telemetry from the DJI flight log intself which we need, so I don’t think Airdata will help here.

I’m hoping there is a simple solution - thanks in advance
2023-6-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would be surprised if it can be transferred into your boss's account.
It is simple enough to copy or move logs from one screen device to another via computer etc. but, from my experience with a Mavic Mini or Mini 2, the logs seem to have a concept of 'ownership' or at least the App has a concept of a log's ownership. I have logs from flights flown by someone else using their login and 'my' App will not display or see those flights, even when those logs are on my phone etc..

Having just typed that I am half-wondering if it might be something as simple as a file-permissions thing, I would be somewhat surprised if it was but .......
If it is something 'buried' in the log itself then I think it will be impossible.
I'd love to be corrected but .....

However if, as you say, it's just the telemetry needed then any suitable 'decoder' can read the logs irrespective of ownership, besides Airdata look at
https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ .
2023-6-3
Use props
chris941
lvl.1

Belgium

Thanks for that Sean, some things for me to look into there.

Another question the boss is worried about, is that the flight which shows the crazy height loss was not done in the account of the drone’s owner, ie. the one the warranty was connected to when it the drone was initialised the other week.

Hopefully DJI understand that other operators often fly drones owned by other companies for the purposes of work, and that having this flight conducted by a different account should not be grounds for voiding a warranty claim?

As this screenshot shows, there was at one point a descent rate of 5.5m/s. Not only was this uncommanded, but I was giving it some throttle to try and slow / reverse its descent! If I hadn’t aborted the hyperlapse, it could have resulted in a total loss in the sea. Completely unacceptable. Hence the warranty / replacement claim.

Thoughts from anyone much appreciated, thanks
379AF15A-ED9C-47B3-AB19-C2E64700A3FA.jpeg
2023-6-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Though I do not know the answer to the warranty vs whose app flew the drone question, I did wonder about it.
Then I remembered that early on in the life of the Mini 2, DJI did say that care refresh was associated with the drone and not strictly speaking the app owner. However I can't remember if I established who would have to process a care refresh claim on a drone that had been sold whilst the care refresh was valid.
Care refresh on the releveant drone has long since expired so I was not greatly concerned with remembering the nitty gritty.
However it suggests to me that warranty, which covers a manufacturing fault or component failure etc., should be even less restrictive especially since effectively the drone is being flown on behalf of the owner.

With regards to being able to identify your flights, you could try setting up a separate account on your phone that uses your boss's login. I think I set up a second account on one or more of my phones and it did not cause problems. For flights using his drone use his login, for flights with your own drones use your login. The Apps will not show the other person's flight logs and will not, I think, include the other person's flight logs in the active login's totals.
I can forsee two possible problems with this approach,
1) an internet connection would be required to log out and login and
2) you probably should switch of syncing OFF on your phone. I imagine that a sync will only upload/down load the flight logs of the App that is doing the syncing but can not guarantee that is correct.
If you wish to transfer logs for your boss's drone to their phone then copy or move those logs via USB cable to a computer and then upload them from the computer to your boss's phone via USB

Even without setting up your boss's account on your phone your App will be able to separate each drones' flight logs. My app, used with 3 drones, shows the grand totals on the front page of my flight history but it can also display a list of the drones whose logs are on the phone and display any drone's logs on there own. However I do not know whether or not it can show seperate totals for each drone or only the "grand totals". Individual totals don't interest me so I do not look/check.
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the incident that happened. Regretfully, we don't have the option to transfer flight logs from one account to another. However, you may export only the flight records related to the accident and send them to the company so they can send them to us for further analysis. Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules