DJI Mic and Ipad Pro
2385 5 2023-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DElliot
lvl.1

Slovakia

Hi! Please, has this issue been dealth with https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/u9px56/dji_mic_audio_not_working_with_apple_ipad_pros/? I would prefer to go with DJI Mic, but if the issues with Ipad Pro persist, I´m gonna go with Rode GO. I need the mic to work during screen recording on Ipad Pro. Thanks!
2023-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, there is a solution for this connection, to connect the iPad with DJI Mic, a USB-C to 3.5 mm TRS adapter cable (male plug) will be required. You can connect as the picture displays. This is a third-party accessory, you may need to purchase it separately on your own. Sorry for this.

The reason is that there is a protocol difference between the USB-C port on devices such as the iPad (USB-C port) and traditional USB-C ports that prevents them from being directly connected like Android devices. Special optimization and fitting are required at the software level.
Hope this is informative for you.

2023-6-4
Use props
DElliot
lvl.1

Slovakia

Hi! Thank you for the reply. However, it seems that even with USB-C to 3.5 mm TRS adapter cable, some people are still having troubles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qqvCOVFl4&ab_channel=RossHardy (see the comments section). I am worried I buy the DJI Mic (which arent cheap) and it will not work with IPad Pro. Rode Go seems a safer bet?
2023-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DElliot Posted at 6-4 07:43
Hi! Thank you for the reply. However, it seems that even with USB-C to 3.5 mm TRS adapter cable, some people are still having troubles (see the comments section). I am worried I buy the DJI Mic (which arent cheap) and it will not work with IPad Pro. Rode Go seems a safer bet?

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We checked the video. For his issue, we can not troubleshoot it further because we do not see the recording when he applied the solution given. If you are really concerned about the issue, you may test it in the store or borrow one to have a test before buying.

2023-6-4
Use props
DElliot
lvl.1

Slovakia

Hi! Thank you for the reply! I did not mean the video itself, but the comments section below where the user mentions using the cable did not work for him. But you are correct, I think the best approach may be to try it out in the store with the IPad. Thank you!
2023-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

DElliot Posted at 6-5 06:43
Hi! Thank you for the reply! I did not mean the video itself, but the comments section below where the user mentions using the cable did not work for him. But you are correct, I think the best approach may be to try it out in the store with the IPad. Thank you!

We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules