DJI - DaVinci Resolve re-link
2429 12 2023-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RmcComish
New

Ireland

Hi Folks, I recently bought a DJI Action 3 Osmo for capturing video. But I'm having issues getting these clips onto Da Vinci (free version). I have all the clips stored in a folder on my PC and can watch them freely normally, but when I try to add the clips to Da Vinci I get the offline status and when I try to re-link the clip to the folder, the folder is showing nothing.
Completely new to this video editing craic to hoping that its something silly I'm doing and that its an easy fix I've tried changing the settings on camera from H.264 to H.265 but same issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.   

2023-6-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The free version doesn't support h.265.
What you need to do if you have clips shot at h.265 is to convert them before importing.

Other cause for media offline is that the proxy cache can be a bit full, so delete them and try again.

2023-6-4
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 6-4 03:22
What you need to do if you have clips shot at h.265 is to convert them before importing.

I use HEVC (h.265) with the free version.
What fixed the issue for me was installing the right HEVC codec from microsoft itself (for 99ct from the app store).
The offline hotfix that you can download from microsofts knowledge base or several download sites did not work, but maybe it was just my old machine...
2023-6-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

DJ DJ Posted at 6-4 08:26
I use HEVC (h.265) with the free version.
What fixed the issue for me was installing the right HEVC codec from microsoft itself (for 99ct from the app store).
The offline hotfix that you can download from microsofts knowledge base or several download sites did not work, but maybe it was just my old machine...

I also have bought that codec even if I have Studio version. But it was because I thought it was the error and it was only 99 cents.
2023-6-5
Use props
RmcComish
New

Ireland

johansenfoto Posted at 6-4 03:22

Thanks all for your help I'll try your fixes
2023-6-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

johansenfoto Posted at 6-5 05:38
I also have bought that codec even if I have Studio version. But it was because I thought it was the error and it was only 99 cents.

It fixed the problem with Davinci Resolve for me. The free version supports H.265/HEVC as well. The limitation goes to 4K UHD, 8bit and 60fps. It's hard to find any infos on blackmagics badly designed homepage. No comparision sheet so far...

It also fixed the playback problems (partly) on my ancient machine. ;)
2023-6-5
Use props
Fr4p4d1ngu3
lvl.3
France

DJ DJ Posted at 6-5 10:20
It fixed the problem with Davinci Resolve for me. The free version supports H.265/HEVC as well. The limitation goes to 4K UHD, 8bit and 60fps. It's hard to find any infos on blackmagics badly designed homepage. No comparision sheet so far...

It also fixed the playback problems (partly) on my ancient machine. ;)

Indeed, but some people have done the comparison :
Ex:
https://www.mksguide.com/davinci-resolve-vs-resolve-studio/
2023-6-5
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

It's not a limitation of DaVinci. It is a limitation of the operating system. Even my 2015 MacBook Pro supports H265 but Microsoft requires you to pay for it. That's Windows for you...
2023-6-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

Fr4p4d1ngu3 Posted at 6-5 11:18
Indeed, but some people have done the comparison :
Ex:
https://www.mksguide.com/davinci-resolve-vs-resolve-studio/

Thanks for the link, found comparable too, that's where I got the infos from.
Maybe Blackmagic Design fits very well here in the DJI forums where users have to do the information work that the host company itself does not provide... SCNR.
2023-6-5
Use props
DJ DJ
lvl.4
Germany

osmonauta Posted at 6-5 11:38
It's not a limitation of DaVinci. It is a limitation of the operating system. Even my 2015 MacBook Pro supports H265 but Microsoft requires you to pay for it. That's Windows for you...

Even my 2014 MSI GS70 supported H.265 with a free codec pack. It just became glitchy when I was forced to upgrade to Win10. That's progress for you...

... I really DON'T intend an Apple vs. Microsoft vs. anthing else flame here ... I just use the tools chosen by my needs, no matter what brand.
Until now Apple did not fit in there (no native matroska support f.i.), but I don't care either way.
(Strange, that I feel to add a disclaimer)
2023-6-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

Macintosh still have only one mouse button?
2023-6-5
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 6-5 13:04
Macintosh still have only one mouse button?

I wouldn't know. I control my Mac with my thoughts. Why, Windows still requires the use of a stick shift when you want to switch to another program?

2023-6-6
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 6-6 17:12
I wouldn't know. I control my Mac with my thoughts. Why, Windows still requires the use of a stick shift when you want to switch to another program?

Hehe, well I'm not a Windows fanboy either
2023-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules