Mistake? Money Grab? Incorrect diagnosis on osmo pocket.
240 1 2023-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GIos93q1VBk4
New
Flight distance : 5860 ft

United States

I sent in my DJI osmo pocket to get a new battery put in it. I stated that everything functioned fine with the camera except that the battery seem to drain faster than when it was new. This should be a normal occurrence on an electronic product that is almost 5 years old. I sent it in expecting to get a $25 bill for the replacement of the battery. Instead I get a quote back for over 130$ and a failed core board which caused a failure to charge.

I never had a failure to charge issue before sending it into them and stated that I only want it the battery, but yet I get a quote saying it won't charge and I need to replace the core board and the battery that I requested is not even included on the quote.

I don't know if my camera got mistaken for someone else's, or this is purely a money grab. In researching I have found many other people that have got diagnosis for their equipment that are totally different than the issue that they were having from DJI service. Under the service pricing for the osmo pocket it states that the battery is $25 and that the service charge for installation is free. I can't see them making much money off of that especially when they sent the shipping label.

I called into customer service, and they kept telling me what the diagnosis was and that the core board needed to be replaced, I told them that the camera functioned just fine before I sent it to them and that there was no issue with the battery charging and that I never had any failure to charge issues. The battery would always charge fully when I plugged it in. It just drained faster than when I first got it. They acted like they didn't believe what I was telling them and that the diagnosis had to have been correct even though it is blatantly wrong.
2023-6-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is not the experience we want you to have. I sent you a direct message to further assist you on this. Kindly check. Thank you.
2023-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules