Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Official carbon props from DJI better?
1636 8 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

Does anyone have experience with carbon props from DJI, do they have advantage over the original props?
2015-8-27
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The carbon  ( carbon fibre infused composite not 100% carbon fibre ) are stiffer and IMO make the P3 more responsive. I think at higher altitude flying they will be slightly more efficient and give a tiny bit more flight time..

I would not say they are BETTER than the standard ones, maybe a little more refined..
The white tip ones lok cool I think..

large_10.jpg

Buy all your P3 goodies direct from DJI
Spare Batteries - Charging HubCarbonPropsHDMI Module
Hardshell BackpackProp GuardsNDFilters

2015-8-27
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.3

Netherlands

Ok thanks sploodge !
2015-8-27
Use props
Jkeller84
First Officer
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are a couple of videos that I made with my first impressions of them. I wouldn't say they are better than the stock ones but they are lighter, more rigid, and better looking. Well I  guess maybe I am saying they are better! They do make the phantom a little more responsive. My favorite thing about them is they make it way more stable when descending straight down at quick speeds.
http://youtu.be/U3bQV_y8K0k

http://youtu.be/eXgbjeKb-Nw
2015-8-27
Use props
P3PO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

Love Mine. Seem to be better, I like the yellow circles.
2015-8-27
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.4

United States

One thing to watch out for though is the carbon reinforced ones don't bend as much as the non-carbon ones when they hit something.

So they can potentially cause more damage in a mishap, especially if you hit a person.

I definitely wouldn't use them indoors.
2015-8-28
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-8-28
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.4

United States

I put Carbon Blades on my Blade 350QX3 and it definitely made it handle better, but they are more rigid and break easier.  I've broken two of them just from the wind tipping it over during landing...
2015-8-28
Use props
SpunOne69
lvl.4

United States

PS - The Blade 350QX3 handles terribly in wind...anything over 10 mph and you are pushing your luck   My P3P is much more stable in the wind!!
2015-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules