Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The war on "drones" rages on...
3470 28 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spankybear
Second Officer
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/ ... ion-violatio/nnRmM/

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/ ... flying-too-c/nnRmq/

Stupid people are going to screw up our hobby...

2015-8-27
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.4

United States

Screw Orca's. I hope Trump stops all this politically correct BS. Shut down all EPA and Department of Fish and Wildlife's. Nothing but money wasting crap.
The radiation from Japan is going to kill more of them than any drone flying above them would.

And what is so secret about a ferry? Ohh they might get video or photos of the controls!? Uhhh SO!?
Just more liberal BS. I can't wait for Trump to win!
2015-8-27
Use props
Oliver
lvl.4

United Kingdom

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-27 17:33
Screw Orca's. I hope Trump stops all this politically correct BS. Shut down all EPA and Department o ...

All EPA stuff or just stuff relating to drones?
Because EPA stuff isn't political correctness lol
2015-8-27
Use props
Viper989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 891194 ft
Canada

obviously a 4 pounds drone will sink a zillion ton ferry in a head on collision .
Imagine having  to maneuver through flying seaguls
2015-8-27
Use props
Smtx199
lvl.1

Belgium

Drone police is coming...

http://www.dailydot.com/politics ... olice-drones-armed/

O_x
2015-8-27
Use props
AerialLens
lvl.4

United States

Oh man. I feel so guilty...I REALLY do! MY generation - the "Baby Boomers" - have created a generation of PC Monsters: The ME generation. The GREEN NO MATTER WHAT generation. The EVERYBODY GETS A FIRST PLACE TROPHY generation. The WE MUST RESPOND TO AND SATISFY EVERY POSSIBLE CAUSE generation. Oh, and most importantly, THE OMG WE MUST MAKE MORE RULES generation.

I am so sorry we did this. We made (programmed actually) a bunch of Candy Asses that look for ANYTHING but themselves for Guidance or good sense.

My sincere apologies. I just don't know what I/we were thinking. MY generation is NOW p**sed, but it is our fault.

Yes, GO TRUMP...or someone like him.  Somebody needs to set this straight again.

2015-8-27
Use props
jayhkr
Second Officer

United States

I think that's a little much.....but who am I to say.  By the looks of his small YACHT, his $1025 fine probably was the change he found in his cushions on his boat.
2015-8-27
Use props
bastell
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

This amazes me any nut case can go buy a gun in the usa yet fly a drone near a ferry and omfg you are evil   lol
2015-8-27
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.4

United States

Oliver Posted at 2015-8-28 01:01
All EPA stuff or just stuff relating to drones?
Because EPA stuff isn't political correctness lol

Have you seen the river they just killed?
The company that owns the land/mine wanted to drain it and start working it again.
The EPA said no way and then went out and kicked a hole in the side. I guess it is PC to let the nasty water pollute the river instead of a company cleaning it and working the mine.
2015-8-27
Use props
Oliver
lvl.4

United Kingdom

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-28 02:04
Have you seen the river they just killed?
The company that owns the land/mine wanted to drain it a ...

I just went and read about it, seems like it was an accident and the EPA were just trying to stop heavy metals leaking into the river, when one of the employees screwed up, but I don't see what any of this has to do with drones still
2015-8-27
Use props
terrylewis
Captain
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good thing we have VPS. I think I can still fly inside my house without getting fined. As long as it's daylight at least.........
{:2_38:}
2015-8-27
Use props
bastell
Second Officer
Australia

Looking as an outsider to the USA ......Gun laws relaxed.......... Gun deaths per year in the USA over 30000 ....holly shit
                                                                  Drone laws  Highly restrictive and draconian.....deaths per year in the USA by drones = 0
2015-8-27
Use props
puterwiz
lvl.1

United States

bastell Posted at 2015-8-28 10:42
Looking as an outsider to the USA ......Gun laws relaxed.......... Gun deaths per year in the USA ov ...

My guns or "drone" never killed anyone. Remember, it's not the gun that kills...it's the crazy sob pulling the trigger that is at fault.
2015-8-27
Use props
radius
lvl.1

Indonesia

and what about that wildlife journalists recorded orcas/sharks in close distance, some even swim with them.
aren't they would change the behaviour of these beautiful fishes also?
thank God i live in a country which i could have some footages either orca or salmon freely.. at least for now.
2015-8-27
Use props
onealmr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44852 ft
United States

A Ferry Vs a Quad.  I think if the quad hit the 450FT ferry head on, it would of been a repeat of the Titanic. The Ferry would of sunk straight to the bottom.

People are so frightened by what they don't understand.
2015-8-27
Use props
snowride419
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5555102 ft
United States

I saw this from one of the commenters and I thought it was very well done and wanted to share:
SteveMann
"Look, they are drones. You can call them whatever you like, but the term "drone" is permanently affixed in the minds of the public and no childish protest from a purist will ever change that. Just as all copies are a Xerox, all sticky cellophane is Scotch Tape and all facial tissues are Kleenex. All personal UAS are drones. You can call them multiengine counterrotating quad configuration model aircraft, but everyone else knows they are drones.

And on the FAA drone sighting database - I sure wish the news "reporters" would do a little fact checking. The FAA database is SIGHTINGS, not incidents or near misses, though some may be that. They are mostly unverified reports of "I saw a drone". One was reported at 12,000 ft over the Atlantic, 30 miles from New York - certainly not a hobby drone. How about the one report of a drone in a tree? That's a hazard, how?

How about the United pilot who reported a drone striking his wing. Complete with blood, guts and feathers. But it's in the FAA database because the pilot really thought a bird was a drone.

Is the threshold for reporting a drone that low?

With more than a million hours of small personal drone flight worldwide, there is not a single verified report of a drone making contact with a civil aircraft. NOT ONE. That is a safety record that all other segments of aviation would be jealous to have. Keep your fear-mongering in perspective.

When and if there is ever a drone hitting an aircraft, the odds are that the airplane crew won't even know about it. Any more than a bug on the windscreen."
2015-8-27
Use props
bastell
Second Officer
Australia

puterwiz Posted at 2015-8-28 11:01
My guns or "drone" never killed anyone. Remember, it's not the gun that kills...it's the crazy sob ...

There's your problem right there you having the right to have that gun is giving every nut the right have there's man I'd love to have machine guns and awesome pistols here in aus but if that means my family and friends are at risk of a fwit getting hold of one then I'm happy to go with out.
2015-8-27
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.4
United States

I admit I followed a ferry at Bainbrudge Island in Western Washington. Followed the Segulls as well that follow the ferry. People who think that is danerous are idiots. In fact, I will follow the next hump back I see. If I see a panda bear out there dancing in the Peugeot sound waters, I'll be all over his ass as well.
2015-8-27
Use props
bastell
Second Officer
Australia

brycerichert Posted at 2015-8-28 16:51
I admit I followed a ferry at Bainbrudge Island in Western Washington. Followed the Segulls as well  ...

lol You Rock
2015-8-27
Use props
TheDreamingWatc
lvl.1

Austria

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-8-27 18:33
Screw Orca's. I hope Trump stops all this politically correct BS. Shut down all EPA and Department o ...

Sorry, to disappoint you, but Trump definitely will not win.
Being a jerk is just not enough of a political program!
And while his rudeness sits well with old white man woman, Hispanics and African Americans will hardly vote for him.
They know Trump is all brawn and no brains.
2015-8-27
Use props
bill
lvl.4

United States

bastell Posted at 2015-8-28 02:03
There's your problem right there you having the right to have that gun is giving every nut the rig ...

Wrong forum for this so I apologize in advance but....

The trouble with more guns laws is it takes the guns out of the hands of decent law abiding citizens. I can't imagine a nut job saying "I would really love to own a gun but wait, the law says I can't.

In addition when our forefathers created the first laws that govern our country they gave us the right to keep and bear arms, that right is guaranteed us by the Constitution. The last thing we need / want is the monkeys we have in charge now thinking they know better then the founders of this country.

AerialLens is right we are turning into a bunch of candy a**es. I can't imagine that during the drafting of the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence anyone involved said "We can't say that, or do that, it might offend someone."

As the saying goes "You can have my gun - or my drone when you pry it from my cold dead hands. Until then go pound sand!!

**\\end rant\\**

* No whales or ferrys were killed in the making of this post.
2015-8-28
Use props
TheDreamingWatc
lvl.1

Austria

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-8-28 11:35

The trouble with more guns laws is it take ...

There's a lot I could say about the unnatural love of guns in the US, but Jim Jefferies said it better:
2015-8-28
Use props
bill
lvl.4

United States

Sorry but there is no way I am taking 16 minutes for a video clip.

By the way my guns are in storage - have been for 13 years since I married a woman who is terrified of guns. Not a love of guns just a very clear understanding of what used to make the United States such a great country.
2015-8-28
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.4

United States

TheDreamingWatc Posted at 2015-8-28 06:02
There's a lot I could say about the unnatural love of guns in the US, but Jim Jefferies said it bet ...

That guy is a nut. Only anti-gun people call them assault rifles.
And yes I own a gun for protection.
2015-8-28
Use props
Quadifier
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-8-28 04:35

The trouble with more guns laws is it take ...

THIS RIGHT HERE.....!!!  AMEN 100%

Nut jobs are going to find a way to kill people regardless if they can have a gun or not.  Personally, I'd much rather have the right to carry (which I do legally) and be able to protect myself and others if one of those nut jobs decides to try to have his 5 minutes of fame because of killing people.

As was said...it's NOT the guns that is the problem.  It's the same mindset that cars need to be outlawed because people speed, get drunk, etc and kill people with cars.

Agree or not...doesn't matter to me.  But if you want my guns taken away from me...them come get them yourself .
2015-8-28
Use props
bastell
Second Officer
Australia

Ahh it good to hear American's opinions on guns I can see why the mass shooting will never stop in your country.But hey that's your country and you gota live in it.
2015-8-28
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.4

New Zealand

ROFL..  Not the forum I expected to see gun control come up, but a New Zealander's perspective for what it's worth....

I'd seen that video before and although he's a comedian and gets paid to make people laugh he makes observations a lot of people from other countries make about the USA.

To be clear, by NZ standards I'm a 'gun enthusiast' but not a gun-nut .  I own a couple of rifles I use for hunting and if money were no object I'd probably own a few more.
The historical context and justification for the second amendment seem sound and sensible given how the USA was forged, so to speak.  From outside the USA I see no issue with the 'right to bear arms' but with the small glimpse we get here of the USA's gun culture and problems it seems like the pro-gun groups just want to escalate the problem rather than actually fix anything.
Look at this list...  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

New Zealand is number 22, not surprised, we love our guns as well.    There is a lot of hunting here and the school where my kids go has two shooting clubs.  Small-bore target and Skeet shooting that compete and train during school hours with education department (government) knowledge and support.

On that list, guess which country has normalized shooting incidents to a point that more than one website tracks the mass shootings?  So far in 2015 there has been more than 1 per day it seems.

( http://shootingtracker.com/wiki/Mass_Shootings_in_2015 )

I have no solutions, I really don't even fully understand the problem as it's so far outside my experience and comprehension.  All I know is that from way over hear looking in something is very wrong with the way things are going.

No country is perfect though, apparenty here in New Zealand we binge drink and beat up our kids.  There's even a wikipedia page with the sad statistics for our kids and a few websites set up about our little problem with booze.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_abuse_in_New_Zealand    http://www.stopthebingedrinkingculture.org.nz/

For the record, I've not killed anyone with a gun and I havn't been drunk in over 25 years.  My kids are also just fine, and I've not flown my model planes into the flight path of an Airbus 380 recently.

Most of us, in all countries, do things responsibly.  It's the 0.01% who kill people with the gun they have the right to own, beat their kids, drink to excess or fly into the flight path of JFK during peak hours that society have to cater for.  In most democratic countries the bulk of the citizenry accept some restrictions on their rights and freedoms to gain control of those few.  In all things but gun control that's the case in the USA as well, which is why a lot of us from other countries just look on with bewilderment at how things play out in the USA.

Right, back to playing with the phantom...

2015-8-29
Use props
agrewe
lvl.3

United Kingdom

To get back to the original point of this thread: Those of you saying "what can go wrong if a light drone is colliding with the ferry" are missing the point. It's not about a possible collision, it's about the distraction for the ferry operator when a drone is hovering right in his line of sight. Especially when berthing unnecessary distractions can cause accidents.
2015-8-29
Use props
Alien tech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84902 ft
Bulgaria

sea life, Ho really, Next we have speed limits, other little drones turning up with blue flashing lights on top, ( get shot down by the cops again)  Its another black drone, problem, Don't get this with white drones! Give us a break!  Will we have to have season ticket parking licenses soon too , or jumping a red clouds fines next, Fascist tranny extends to God own heaven now, I expect he's been fined too.      And flying with your Props worn out, You will get grounded for that one!
2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules