New Camera ?
1315 12 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Are there any rumours or facts regarding a new higher resolution Camera for the Inspire?
If we get a 24 Mp sensor then I'll buy one, of not I'll stick to my P3 professional 12Mp.

2015-8-27
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

There was talk of various future camera options when they released the Inspire last year, which was the sort of ethos of the camera gimbal when it was marketed as interchangeable.

However, nothing to date has been released or even discussed.
2015-8-27
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Next camera that is coming out is a heat signature camera.
2015-8-27
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Unless used for specific search & rescue operations, a heat signature camera is totally and utterly pointless!

If such a camera was released in tandem with another camera module that appealed more to still photographers etc then great, but on its own pointless.

I'm holding off buying an Inspire until the camera gets updated as the price upgrade from a P3P just isnt worth it in my opinion until the camera improves.

Nick
2015-8-27
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Nick Martin Posted at 2015-8-28 07:04
Unless used for specific search & rescue operations, a heat signature camera is totally and utterly  ...

Agree 100% Nick.
Where are you based?  I'm in Norfolk.
2015-8-28
Use props
Ph02on
lvl.3
Flight distance : 75673 ft
United Kingdom

I am hearing whispers of a micro 4/3's sensor camera that is in development.  Even if the MPixel rate is not vastly increased, you can be assured of far superior image quality due to the nature of the improved sensor.

Jason.
2015-8-28
Use props
jkgoos
lvl.1

Suriname

Wouldn' t be great if dji make it possible to attach an sensor stabilized camera like the new olympus or the Sony  5 axis  to the inspire 1. You Wil only need a jimbal to level the camera and only to turn the camera around.
The user will get a great freedom in selecting the picture quality that he wants.
2015-8-28
Use props
vincentlublink.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The camera that is on the inspire now is way to sharp for video, it's full of moré, for the foto's more pix, yes please, for video please no!!!!
we need a camera for video and we need a separate camera for foto.
2015-8-28
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be interested in two cameras, which is a rumor i keep hearing about.
2015-8-28
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

liningiv Posted at 2015-8-28 09:11
Agree 100% Nick.
Where are you based?  I'm in Norfolk.

Im the other end of the country, up in County Durham.

Nick
2015-8-28
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-8-28 20:45
I would be interested in two cameras, which is a rumor i keep hearing about.

Snap.. me also!
2015-8-28
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

mountmotor Posted at 2015-8-28 00:43
Next camera that is coming out is a heat signature camera.

Do you have specific data confirming this?

I ask because it would be about the silliest thing DJI could do. There's no viable market for this.

On the other hand... a production camera system that elevates the I1 from pricey prosumer tool to an actual professional camera platform... A lot of people would be standing in line for this, myself included.

In that vein, the rumours of a compact 3-axis gimbal to lift the Blackmagic Micro are very interesting to me.

As a total aside, even if DJI kept the exact same camera and just fixed the compression issues it'd be major improvement. 60Mbps 8-bit 4k and isn't super useful, even after 10-bit interpolation in post. AND... If the encoder can run at 60mbps why do they choke it down to 25Mbps for 1080p footage? I'd love to use the I1 in log video at 60Mbps for 1080p video... but alas, no choice there.

For that matter, why not just support 1080p CinemaDNG? Solves a lot of issues and gives a lot of power to post production.
2015-8-29
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'd beg to differ.
Just because you personally have no interest does not mean there isn't a market for an integrated and supported  thermal imaging solution for the Inspire.
UAV are widely used in engineering and asset inspection, many large hex and octo rigs are fitted with FLIR and similar imaging payloads to gain information on status of HV electrical, Mech&elec plant and gas storage/transmission infrastructure.

An inspire fitted with a good thermal imager would be an extremely useful tool for quick and safe inspection of assets in hazardous locations.
There is rumor that DJI ordered a large quantity of FLIR lepton cores, which would make for the basis of a relatively cheap UAV thermal imaging solution, however it would be quite low resolution and not radiometric.

Time will tell.

My wish for a new camera is one optimized for stills, pref with a proper aperture and bigger sensor.

2015-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules