P3 wifi not showing up.
17213 10 2015-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atemsupasiri
New

United States

I can't connect my iPhone to the P3 Standard. The wifi isn't showing up. I even tried to manually enter in the SSID and PW, but didn't connect.
Is this a known issue I can fix?  Or is there something broken?  This is a brand new P3.
2015-8-27
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

The problem is that you do not understand how the Phantom 3 works.  It does not use WiFi.

Lightbridge is a proprietary radio technology that connects video and control between the Phantom 3 and the Controller ONLY.

The Phantom 3 controller connects to your tablet device using a USB cable.  (NOT Wifi.)

You cannot connect to the Phantom 3 or controller to your tablet via WiFi because the system does not have any WiFi radios in it.

The Phantom 3 is connected to your tablet or phone via USB cable ONLY.

2015-8-27
Use props
atemsupasiri
New

United States

I have the standard, the standard does not have the lightbridge. The only place it is able to plug in a cable is the bottom for charging. The remote is suppose to have built in wifi. http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-standard/remote-controller
2015-8-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Page 25 of the User Guide describes connecting to the WiFi Video Downlink.
Page 26  describes Resetting the Wifi Video Downlink if necessary.
You can also refer to page 32 for information on using the GO App to change to SSID and password of your Downlink.

Also, take a look at this thread... Similar Thread

Just curious, have you registered you P3 in the GO App yet?

2015-8-27
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

atemsupasiri Posted at 2015-8-28 05:47
I have the standard, the standard does not have the lightbridge. The only place it is able to plug i ...

You are correct. You have to connect through the WIFI. No cables necessary. Try another device. I would try an Android if you can find someone that has one as they are a little less finicky to find networks. I had an Ipod once that would not "see" all of the networks that were around.
2015-8-27
Use props
amckim2084
lvl.1
Flight distance : 606083 ft
United States

Same problem. No network. Looking for answers.
2015-9-12
Use props
atemsupasiri
New

United States

I had to talk to DJI and order a replacement. It took about a week to try and get in touch with them. I emailed and called multiple times a day. Finally got through and they agreed to take it back. About 2 weeks later, I got my replacement and it works like it was suppose to with easy set up taking about 30 mins.
2015-11-11
Use props
kavalu2015
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm now having the same problem and its only been a week since I've bought it, are there still no fixes?
2016-2-13
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-8-27 15:33
The problem is that you do not understand how the Phantom 3 works.  It does not use WiFi.

Lightbrid ...

The Standard P3 still uses the Wifi, not Lightbridge. That's why one should ALWAYS go with the advanced or pro.  The Wifi is the weak link on the P2V+ as well. It works pretty well for a Wifi system, but has a lot of limitations. I can't get my P2V+ to show a network anymore either. Needs to go in for repair. I crashed mine hard, so totally my fault. I took my P3P out yesterday and got it a half a mile away with no issues. Beautiful 1080 on my tablet, and still 5 bars on my communication indicator. Awesome.

Barney
2016-2-13
Use props
djiuser_bRLGWzeCANQE
lvl.1

United States

So I figured out the issue for there being no WiFi signal, if you dropped your controller and it has not worked after that this might fix it. So if you open up the DJI controller (there are videos how) and look the bottom left on the inside where the circuit board is there is a flat metal chip, my chip got unconnected when I dropped it and was at an angle. I just pushed on it until it was level with the circuit board and that fixed it. That chip is what sends out the signal. if its still broken after that you can find replacement chips online for around $30. Hope this helps!!!
2019-12-19
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Czechia

It would help if the original question had been made in the P3 Standard section and not in the Pro / Advanced ...

Just mentioning - not moaning.
2019-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules