Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droffarc
First Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Folks
Why does the wifi frequency (which as always I have set to 2.4ghz because that is what my cellphone uses) keep randomly changing to 5.8 ghz. This means that I get an error when using my cellphone to control my Action 3.
I will be using my cellphone quite happily - switch all off - then for the next scene switch on and get the message that something went wrong and I get no visual. Go into wireless connection - wifi frequency and sure enough, somehow it got set to 5.8. Resetting to 2.4 and all works well for some time until at some random point in the future it changes again to 5.8.
I cannot say what I did just before the change other than switching off but it does not always happen, and I dont do anything peculiar like changing settings.
So in essence I would like to know how to prevent the frequency change.
Thanks for any advice.
2023-7-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Droff. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.
2023-7-14
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-14 00:39
Hi, Droff. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We will coordinate this to our relevant team for clarification. We will keep you posted. Thank you.

Thank you Pal
2023-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome, Droff. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2023-7-16
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-16 02:07
You are most welcome, Droff. Have a wonderful day ahead!

It just happened again - see pics  I also noted the 0% battery red flag. I have often seen this but ignored because I know the battery has plenty of charge. If I am not mistaken I have seen the red flag for my mini 2 also.

2023-7-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Droffarc Posted at 7-17 03:11
It just happened again - see pics  I also noted the 0% battery red flag. I have often seen this but ignored because I know the battery has plenty of charge. If I am not mistaken I have seen the red flag for my mini 2 also.

[view_image]

Thank you for your response, Droff. I have managed to test the product and it seems that when I set it to 2.4Ghz, the frequency will keep at this option and will not change automatically. Can you please try to reset the wireless connection first and then set the frequency again and try several times? If the issue persists, please provide us with the operation video which can show the frequency change automatically so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-7-19
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-19 22:22
Thank you for your response, Droff. I have managed to test the product and it seems that when I set it to 2.4Ghz, the frequency will keep at this option and will not change automatically. Can you please try to reset the wireless connection first and then set the frequency again and try several times? If the issue persists, please provide us with the operation video which can show the frequency change automatically so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Hi Paladin, did you mean that I should reset the wireless connection on the cellphone or on the Action 3?
I did point out that this is not always the case, it only happens sometimes. Also I never use the 5.8 setting so it should always be on 2.4. It is not like occusync on my mini2. And overall it is not a big thing, just a small annoyance wasting a few seconds. In case you need the info my cellphone is:
2023-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Droffarc Posted at 7-20 01:50
Hi Paladin, did you mean that I should reset the wireless connection on the cellphone or on the Action 3?
I did point out that this is not always the case, it only happens sometimes. Also I never use the 5.8 setting so it should always be on 2.4. It is not like occusync on my mini2. And overall it is not a big thing, just a small annoyance wasting a few seconds. In case you need the info my cellphone is:
[view_image]

Thank you for your response, Droff. You may try to reset the wireless connection of both devices to further isolate the issue. We will also send this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-7-22
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-22 00:48
Thank you for your response, Droff. You may try to reset the wireless connection of both devices to further isolate the issue. We will also send this feedback of yours to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support.

And so it happened again this eveinig

2023-8-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Droffarc Posted at 8-12 10:36
And so it happened again this eveinig

[view_image]

Hi, Droff. Sorry for the trouble. Does the issue occur multiple times? Please reset the wireless connection on both devices. Furthermore, please try to reinstall the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device to check it further. Thank you.
2023-8-13
Use props
SM26
lvl.1
Israel

how do you even set it to 5.8?
It's grayed out on my camera.
2023-8-15
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

SM26 Posted at 8-15 05:37
how do you even set it to 5.8?
It's grayed out on my camera.

Maybe you have a "grey market" camera - made by some chineese company?
2023-8-15
Use props
SM26
lvl.1
Israel

Droffarc Posted at 8-15 07:55
Maybe you have a "grey market" camera - made by some chineese company?

What does it mean?
I'm in Israel, we have 5Ghz band here, we even got 6 (as in wifi 6E)

is there anything to do about it?
2023-8-15
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

SM26 Posted at 8-15 22:55
What does it mean?
I'm in Israel, we have 5Ghz band here, we even got 6 (as in wifi 6E)

Way ahead of the world
2023-8-16
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-22 00:48

SO! I tried to reset and even remove and reload the mimo app from DJI site.
Running the app it eventually finds the action 3 but pressing the "connect"
NOW I get the following message:

Connection failed

Change in wifi password detected for DJI device. Do the following, then try connecting again: 1. Disable WLAN on mobile device (ignore if already disabled) 2. Enable WLAN on mobile device.

ok

if I press OK  it redoes the search and circles back.

So my problem at this point is  - Where on my mobile device (as listed above) do I find this WLAN setting?   

I am also wondering if it will connect to my pocket 2 again.......
2023-9-29
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Droffarc Posted at 9-29 05:50

Confirmed, pocket 2 connects without issues  
2023-9-29
Use props
Droffarc
First Officer
  • >>>
South Africa

Droffarc Posted at 9-29 05:50

Aarrgg!
After much trying - restarting and fiddling with settings, going through everything I could think of I eventuallllllly had success!
I again switched on the wifi as well as the data and checked and reset the frequency from 5.8 to 2.4 and there you go! it worked!
So I dont know what use it was to reset the device and the camera, it has had no effect other than to make my blood pressure soar!  
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules