Accuracy of the DJI Mini 3 Pro
1550 8 2023-7-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Freddy77
lvl.1

Germany

Hi everyone,

so I haven't tested this drone so far, but I am curious what accuracy you can achieve with it. The manual says the position accuracy is within range of 5 decimeter. Has someone tested the accuracy and/or knows if it is possible to use RTK with this drone?

Thanks in advance,
Freddy
2023-7-26
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I woud say no. Limitiation is not the drone, but the GPS signal and related accuracy. GPS is typically ~3m, not 5dm.
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there, Freddy77. Hopefully, you can get some insights from your co-Dji pilots about their experience. By the way, Consumer series drones do not support the surveying and mapping function and DJI does not intend to add this function later.
The reason for this is that the surveying and mapping function has high requirements for the aircraft’s positioning system and camera lens. Currently, DJI  Consumer drones cannot support such a professional function. However, you can check the DJI's enterprise drones that best fit your needs by using the following link: https://enterprise.dji.com/. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
Freddy77
lvl.1

Germany

@_SoP_, DJI Tony: Thank you both for your fast replies and information.
2023-7-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Freddy77 Posted at 7-26 02:59
@_SoP_, DJI Tony: Thank you both for your fast replies and information.

No problem, Freddy77. I'm glad to assist. Thank you for your support and have a great day ahead.
2023-7-26
Use props
GuiG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 780548 ft
Netherlands

That is reasonably accurate, I would say. But meters and not decimeters.

I shoot a weekly hyper lapse using one image from the series. And when the barometric pressure is high, the drone starts lower, almost always at the exact location in the air.

Baetland-Hoorn-NL Hyperlapse

I also want to use RTK with a cinema-type drone. I would love to have a Mavic 3 cine with RTK support. But I think that is not going to happen. But the support is not available in the Mini 3 Pro.
2023-7-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just for clarity sake, Freddy77 are you asking about
1) position holding at
.........a)  heights above the range of the VPS sensors or
.........b) heights within the range of the VPS sensors or

2) the accuracy with which the drone will RTH and land?
2023-7-26
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

_SoP_ Posted at 7-26 01:54
I woud say no. Limitiation is not the drone, but the GPS signal and related accuracy. GPS is typically ~3m, not 5dm.

I would concur, but try it for yourself and see.

I have rarely enabled the drone to fully RTH without me taking control to land it anyway.

Cheers
2023-7-27
Use props
Carlos Basualdo
lvl.2

Argentina

Congratulations for your video Dirty Bird!! I enjoy it very much!!
2023-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules