DJI Pilot App
27437 180 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adrianlalonde
lvl.1

Canada

Map/App need wifi???

Question about the Map in the App....Dont have my inspire yet, but got the app toay, and noticed that the map seems to need wifi to work..... so does this mean that when im out in the forest, or on a mountain top, or some isolated island, or away from a city, i cannot use the map???? PLS I hope not...
2014-12-31
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3675046 ft
United States

No Wifi or Cellular required during flight time. Cache the map via wifi for the area you will be flying in prior to flight then travel to flight area and enjoy.
2014-12-31
Use props
2001guns
lvl.2

United States

How did you download the app? Did you have a serial number?
2014-12-31
Use props
icywings11
lvl.1

United States

Is there a way DJI can post a serial number we can all use to get comfortable with the Pilot App while waiting for our Inspire to arrive?
2014-12-31
Use props
adrianlalonde
lvl.1

Canada

2001guns Posted at 2015-1-1 02:48
How did you download the app? Did you have a serial number?

its on dji's site.. no password needed. i had to load through my computer to my tablet, cause the qr code scan wasnt working.... and about the app, i just watched a video, and seen the cache map feature, but mine doesnt have it??? the app in the video was V0.8,IOS. mine is only V0.3.1.android, so im guessing when the app updates, it will have the feature.
2014-12-31
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This is a prime example of people creating threads for no reason.

A quick search for maps would have brought up this thread: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... s%2Boffline&lang=en

(tl;dr: - You can cache map tiles for offline use)
2014-12-31
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 03:28

A quick search for maps would hav ...

Im sure redleader is very familiar with this definition.  For the sake of others that may not know.....  Since I posted this.  I know, Im a troll also.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
2014-12-31
Use props
adrianlalonde
lvl.1

Canada

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 03:28

A quick search for maps would hav ...

I know, but MY app, doesnt have it. doesnt have the flight sim either.
2014-12-31
Use props
ras188
lvl.2
United States

Version 0.9 is out now. Updated about 10 minutes ago.

2014-12-31
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ras188@gmail.co Posted at 2015-1-1 03:55
Version 0.9 is out now. Updated about 10 minutes ago.

Do you know what the version number is on the Android app? Thanks.
2014-12-31
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jerry Posted at 2015-1-1 03:51
Im sure redleader is very familiar with this definition.  For the sake of others that may not know ...

I"m sorry Jerry, but what's your point? Are you accusing me of trolling for introducing users to the forums search function AND providing the answer to their questions?

I think that would be the opposite of a troll, no?

It seems you are against any form of forum curation.
2014-12-31
Use props
Helipal
lvl.1

United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-1 02:12
How so without a serial number?

I downloaded the iOS app to my iPad air, and was supprisied to find a flight simulator in the "academy" section. It appears to require a connection between the transmitter and iOS devise to work, but well done DJI! Great idea for newcomers to drone flying to get some stick time in a safe manner before risking their investment.
2014-12-31
Use props
adrianlalonde
lvl.1

Canada

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 04:22
I"m sorry Jerry, but what's your point? Are you accusing me of trolling for introducing users to t ...

did search, provided 0 answers to my question, i know about the map cache, Just needed to know why mine wont do it.  So instead of knowing everything.... now you know that, as of today, android does not currently support that feature. so thank you for providing a wrong answer in a rude manner.   ps i do troll also, like most. but i try and help people, and provide them with answers and politeness.
2014-12-31
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 04:22
I"m sorry Jerry, but what's your point? Are you accusing me of trolling for introducing users to t ...

"This is a prime example of people creating threads for no reason."
I'm assuming you don't realize that the statement above can bring a negative emotion.  And I dont expect you to ever acknowledge that.    Time for me to just ignore your posts as it appears this is a personality thing and personalities do not change.   Only behaviors have a chance of changing.

He had a reason to post.  You just may not agree with it.  Coaching him to search is a good thing. Using that statement as an opening to coaching is offensive.  But again. I really dont expect you to buy into that.

Bye
2014-12-31
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

adrianlalonde Posted at 2015-1-1 04:36
did search, provided 0 answers to my question, i know about the map cache, Just needed to know why ...

Are you serious?! You don't even have the Inspire yet and you're wondering why the app designed to work with it won't work properly?!!

I'd hazard a guess that maybe you should wait until you have all the required equipment before you start complaining about it not working.

Also, you mentioned nothing of this in your first post. Your original question was answered perfectly, and politely.

Have a happy and wonderful new year.

2014-12-31
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Jerry Posted at 2015-1-1 04:42
"This is a prime example of people creating threads for no reason."
I'm assuming you don't realize  ...

That statement can only be taken as a negative emotion if you are already on a hunt to be insulted and looking for something to argue about, like trolls tend to do. Attacking little details that have no standing on the actual subject at hand, just to continue an argument.

I simply pointed out there was no need for this thread and that the search function would be a good tool.

I also answered his question, perfectly:

Question about the Map in the App...Dont have my inspire yet, but got the app today, and noticed that the map seems to need wifi to work.... so does this mean that when im out in the forest, or on a mountain top, or some isolated island, or away from a city, i cannot use the map??? PLS I hope not...

I pointed him to a thread that answered his question, and also answered his question in my reply.

I used no opinion, only facts. I addressed no one personally. I made no personal statements.

The only reason for my post was to provide help.

This forum is in dire need of rule and etiquette enforcement, so as to ensure it is a proper resource for people and users. At the moment it is chaos and I am truly dreading the coming deluge of clone-like threads about people receiving their Inspires, and not receiving them.

Please stop trolling, and throwing accusations of trolling around as a tactic to divert attention from your poor etiquette, you have ruined this thread with these pointless replies.

I'm trying to get drunk at new years eve, leave me alone!
2014-12-31
Use props
Jerry
lvl.2
United States

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 05:33
That statement can only be taken as a negative emotion if you are already on a hunt to be insulted ...

"Are you serious?!"
I said I would ignore you.  oops , guess I didnt.

Only one word for you.  BULLY.  And there is no standing up to certain types of Bullies.

This is so comical.

Please go get Drunk.  Alcohol may be your only resort.

I will surely report all of your posts that are not kind and considerate. An will encourage all to do the same.

This is fun, first time I have decided to respond to unfriendly post.  I will probably get bored and move on soon. You will be no fun soon.
Of course, I suspect you will take this as provocation and I'll see a nasty reply once again.
2014-12-31
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

adrianlalonde Posted at 2015-1-1 03:52

I don't think you have the final, completed app. You'll have to wait until you actually get the Inspire and get the app via the official channel. That app will have all the features, and let you cache map tiles.

Just chill and wait a couple of days and you'll have it all. I'm in the same position of flying/working in areas where I never have a wifi/data signal so caching maps is a high priority for me too.

I think it's going to be brilliant.
2014-12-31
Use props
ras188
lvl.2
United States

bmancan Posted at 2015-1-1 04:00
Do you know what the version number is on the Android app? Thanks.

I only have the iOS version, so not sure. The Android one still requires password on DJI's website.

Sidenote: I was able to install the iOS app on older versions of the iPad, such as my older iPad 3 Retina and original iPad Mini. Not sure if the app actually works when connected to the inspire, but it does install. The app probably requires the A7 chip at minimum to transmit video I'm guessing.
2014-12-31
Use props
adrianlalonde
lvl.1

Canada

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 05:53
I don't think you have the final, completed app. You'll have to wait until you actually get the In ...

I wasnt complaining.. I was asking a question... I got the App through official channels... unless DJI itself isnt official. and Jerry is right, u are a bully, this is my first ever thread on here, nice to see it ruined by the big bad redleader!!! this forum is for the whole world to use, not for your personal gratification. Happy New Year.... ive said it more than once today,,,, respect goes a long way in life!!!
2014-12-31
Use props
iamshier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

adrianlalonde Posted at 2015-1-1 08:25
I wasnt complaining.. I was asking a question... I got the App through official channels... unless ...

I don't think DJI can release iOS apps to the general public through their website. It has to go through the Apple App Store. This may be what he meant by "official channels."

For the iOS app, the direct download via DJI is only intended for developers and beta testers. There is an App developer whose said this in a few of the other threads where the Inspire app has been discussed.
2014-12-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

adrianlalonde Posted at 2015-1-1 03:52

Well you have a very old version of the app then... I have an inspire and the app. It has the sim built in
2014-12-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

3.1.5 is the most current on android

2014-12-31
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

ras188@gmail.co Posted at 2015-1-1 05:55
I only have the iOS version, so not sure. The Android one still requires password on DJI's website ...

where was the IOS version 0.9?
I have the android version 0.3.1.5 and it doesn't show the Flight Simulator..

Jack
2014-12-31
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

<redacted>
2014-12-31
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-1 10:05
0.9 is the adhoc version downloaded for iOS but the academy section does not allow the simulator t ...

The Flight Sim Screen doesn't show in the latest Android 0.3.1.5 version I downloaded from DJI
2014-12-31
Use props
jackiedh
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Helipal Posted at 2015-1-1 04:31
I downloaded the iOS app to my iPad air, and was supprisied to find a flight simulator in the "aca ...

Again How??
2014-12-31
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got to try out an inspire at a dealer today and the app works perfectly on my LG Pad 7" in case anyone else was wondering.  I did have some trouble initially getting it to recognize the controller but once I enabled USB debugging on the tablet it worked flawlessly!
2014-12-31
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

Why is a serial number required to download the ISO app?
2014-12-31
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

does atone know if you can load the app somehow on a mac laptop? i heard it might be possible to side load it..never done it before with anything though so i am not sure how.
2014-12-31
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

<redacted>
2014-12-31
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry, I'm just dumbstruck by this entire episode. I can only assume a lot has been lost to cultural and language confusions.

I genuinely have tried to be polite and helpful! I agree that my initial post may have been blunt, but since then I'm baffled.

I really can not understand how I can be considered to be bullying.

This forum is drastically ill-moderated (understandably during this hectic launch period, but the lack of self-moderation by users is disgusting) and so the forum is in danger of becoming next to useless as a resource.

The lunatics are running the asylum! It's pushing experienced people away to other forums and communities, where their eyes are more likely to be turned to competing products. DJI needs to jump on the forum and gets things under control.
2014-12-31
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

yeah,how? i have no serial number yet..did ya fake one? lol.
2014-12-31
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468258 ft
South Africa

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2015-1-1 12:14
yeah,how? i have no serial number yet..did ya fake one? lol.

There are a few unboxing videos that clearly display the QR code of the unit.

Step 1: Play Video
Step 2: Set Quality to HD
Step 3: Pause and scan the QR code with your phone.

Only 3 downloads per serial number though...
2014-12-31
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

IOS Pilot App

Great! just read the manual download and there is no IOS App I spent $3K on the Inspire and $1K on an Apple Air to run the Pilot App. In the Manual it states IOS App coming soon! PERFECT!! This whole thing is jinxed!
2015-1-1
Use props
bmancan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2085810 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No worries, there is an iOS app already. Once you have your inspire 1 and serial number, go to m.dji.net/djipilot with your iOS device to install.
2015-1-1
Use props
skillet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 468258 ft
South Africa

Go to http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download and scan the QR code with your iOS device. Enter Inspire serial number and download will start.
2015-1-1
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have some patience.
The iOS app will have to be submitted by DJI through the Apple app store, which closed app submissions through the holidays, and only opened up again 30 Dec. The earliest you'll probably get your Inspire is 7 Jan. The app will be up by then. At any rate, there is very little you can do with the app until you have the Inspire connected. So spend some time reading the manual and digging through some of the forums for accurate information.
All good things come to those who wait - patiently.
2015-1-1
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

BTW, where did you buy a $1K iPad. Seems a little high.
2015-1-1
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skillet Posted at 2015-1-2 05:02
Go to http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download and scan the QR code with your iOS device. Enter ...

That is the app for Android devices, not for iOS devices. It says so right on the page!
2015-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules