Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mastershots
2644 18 2023-8-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

I got my first DJI drone last week along with the DJI RC with built-in screen. Yesterday I tried doing a Mastershot but when I went back later that evening to edit it with one of the templates I could not get it to work. Is this something that I would be doing through my controller or do I still need to use my phone?
2023-8-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6337615 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This article may help you:
https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en
2023-8-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Kindly please refer to the response of our fellow member Blériot53 on the above response about the Mastershot feature. Please note that the original footage of MasterShots is stored in the DCIM-100 Media folder on the internal storage/microSD card. The final videos of MasterShots are synthesized in the DJI Fly app. The synthesized videos can be found in “Saved” in the DJI Fly app, namely the album of the mobile phone system. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-8-2
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 997556 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I think your question is about EDITING a mastershot after recording?! I think this is not possible. You can't "apply" a template afterwards as the templates are used during recording, in the order as described in the link provided by Blériot53.
2023-8-2
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

Blériot53 Posted at 8-2 07:24
This article may help you:
https://support.dji.com/help/content?customId=en-us03400006484&spaceId=34&re=US&lang=en

Thank you. I had all of those steps figured out. Where I am getting stuck is the next step of picking a template for editing.
2023-8-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6337615 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JPPeron Posted at 8-3 02:32
Thank you. I had all of those steps figured out. Where I am getting stuck is the next step of picking a template for editing.

I haven't ventured that far yet
2023-8-3
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-2 20:19
Hi there. Thank you for your inquiry. Kindly please refer to the response of our fellow member Blériot53 on the above response about the Mastershot feature. Please note that the original footage of MasterShots is stored in the DCIM-100 Media folder on the internal storage/microSD card. The final videos of MasterShots are synthesized in the DJI Fly app. The synthesized videos can be found in “Saved” in the DJI Fly app, namely the album of the mobile phone system. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Thanks. But how then do I access the different templates for the video?
2023-8-3
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

_SoP_ Posted at 8-2 22:00
I think your question is about EDITING a mastershot after recording?! I think this is not possible. You can't "apply" a template afterwards as the templates are used during recording, in the order as described in the link provided by Blériot53.

So I apply the template BEFORE I actually make the recording?
2023-8-3
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

You don't apply a template, but the drone does, based on the recognized szene (see the link to the description of DJI: "According to the type and distance of the target, the aircraft automatically selects from Proximity, Landscape, and Portrait flight routes and creates a cinematic sequence of shots." (highlight by me))

If it detects a person, it uses portrait mode: Zoom In/Out - Circle (Medium) - Circle (Close) - Dronie - Circle (Far) - Tilt up + Fly Forward - Rocket - Camera Down + Circle - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Down + Descend
If it detects something different (no person), depending on the distance of the subject:
Proximity: Dronie - Circle (Far) - Tilt up + Fly Forward - Circle (Close)- Circle (Medium) - Rocket - Camera Down + Fly Forward - Camera Down + Circle - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Down + Descend
Landscape: Dronie - Circle (Far) - Tilt up + Fly Forward - Roll + Fly Forward - Circle (Close) - Zoom In/Out - Circle (Medium) - Rocket - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Straight + Circle

There is nothing to edit or actively choose, except setting a distance, at least by my knowledge. If I am wrong, I would be curious to learn more
2023-8-3
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

_SoP_ Posted at 8-3 03:11
You don't apply a template, but the drone does, based on the recognized szene (see the link to the description of DJI: "According to the type and distance of the target, the aircraft automatically selects from Proximity, Landscape, and Portrait flight routes and creates a cinematic sequence of shots." (highlight by me))

If it detects a person, it uses portrait mode: Zoom In/Out - Circle (Medium) - Circle (Close) - Dronie - Circle (Far) - Tilt up + Fly Forward - Rocket - Camera Down + Circle - Camera Straight + Descend - Camera Down + Descend

From what I am seeing there are many preset templates from DJI that can be applied.
https://youtu.be/OcMdBx_lf1I
Here is the closest I could find to how to access them but when I try it I get a "cache file not found" message on my controller screen.
https://youtu.be/zU_pDTSpjB8
I am trying to use the quick transfer, but I can not get the app on my phone to connect to the drone.
2023-8-3
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

As you mentioned it seems it is only availbale in the DJI Fly app on an additional phone, not in the DJI RC.

This one explains at least roughly the process for the Mini 3 (not Pro).

I will give it a try in the next days when wind and rain are gone here. ;)
2023-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JPPeron Posted at 8-3 02:57
Thanks. But how then do I access the different templates for the video?

Thank you for your response. Could you please take a screenshot of the screen where you are having issues with so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-8-5
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-5 01:51
Thank you for your response. Could you please take a screenshot of the screen where you are having issues with so we can check it further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you for your response. We highly recommend using the DJI Fly app to avoid any issues. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-8-7
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-7 04:38
Thank you for your response. We highly recommend using the DJI Fly app to avoid any issues. Have a nice day ahead!

I'm trying to but cannot get it to connect to the drone.
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JPPeron Posted at 8-7 04:54
I'm trying to but cannot get it to connect to the drone.

Hi, as you mentioned you are using the DJI RC, the DJI RC only uses the DJI Fly app and we cannot install 3rd party application on the said controller. Thank you.
2023-8-8
Use props
JPPeron
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-8 20:04
Hi, as you mentioned you are using the DJI RC, the DJI RC only uses the DJI Fly app and we cannot install 3rd party application on the said controller. Thank you.

I am not trying to add any 3rd party apps onto the controller.
I am trying to access the Mastershots templates on the DJI Fly app.
2023-8-9
Use props
djiuser_IAJ1TqXTp4JY
New
Italy

Hi everyone, I have an issue with DJI Mini 4 Pro Mastershots... I made one today and if I go to the DJI Fly App I see the video and I can create the Mastershot, but when I export on the mobile the file in the gallery gets damaged and I can't watch it saying "the file is not supported or is corrupted"...
I have the DJI RC without the screen, I connect it to my phone...
How can I solve it? If I can...
1-27 11:02
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

What kind of software would give you this screen layout?
1-27 14:22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules