Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How satisfied are you with DJI Support? (Please Vote)
12345Next >
13633 195 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
capbat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

How satisfied are you with DJI support, including all of them ie: Phone, Chat, Ticket Report, Email?

Single SelectVote, Total 842 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-8-30
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I have no experience with them, but judging by all of the comments on many forums, this seems like it would be a waste of time question.  I have never heard anyone say they were happy with the service they got - even dealers that I have visited.  I know one dealer near here that won't sell them because of the lack of support.
2015-8-30
Use props
caiken9621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 499793 ft
United States

Since we need to vote to see results, having a choice of "Haven't needed Support" or similar would be nice for those that have not contacted support but would like to follow the results.
2015-8-30
Use props
Gabe R
Second Officer

United States

Ive dealt with them once and things went rather well. They asked all kinds of trouble shooting questions and once it was decided it needed to be sent it i think i waited 7 weeks. This was on my P2V+, put it in manual mode for the 2nd time and it flipped upside down in snow, they replaced the gimbal gps and one other component free of charge.

My suggestion, call when they open for the ones who complain about not getting thru, be polite and don't go ballistic on them, without them you have no other option for repairs. The reason its taking so long to get repaired is because they are understaffed due to growing too quickly and thousands upon thousands of people have crashed theirs also.
2015-8-30
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

caiken9621 Posted at 2015-8-30 19:52
Since we need to vote to see results, having a choice of "Haven't needed Support" or similar would b ...

Agree.
Maybe, the guys that are not interested, or haven't had any problem, won't bother to vote.
It's only the squeaky wheel that get's the oil.
2015-8-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I can only relate to my own experience, and they @DJI have been exemplary.
All my questions and inquiries have been answered, my email was replied to in less than 60 seconds, and it wasn't a bot reply.
All conversations have been friendly, helpful and much appreciated.

Of course I have a trouble free Phantom 3 Pro', so there has been no reason for being upset or frustrated about anything DJI.
Just my big thanks and am always interested in any future developments that may pique my imagination...

RedHotPoker
2015-8-30
Use props
sharper4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

I can't say how it's going to go, but I called 45 times one day last week trying to get help.  The line kept saying call volume was higher than usual, try again and then it hung up.  But once I got through, the lady was helpful and quick.  She sent me a questionnaire, FedEx delivery slip and told me how to ship it to the LA office for warranty work.  I don't know how or where to check the progress but I think I saw on here that someone said they are now on an 8-week turn around from the time they check it in.  I'm just hoping to get it back before Thanksgiving.  
2015-8-31
Use props
Second Officer

United States

worst CS  I've ever experienced.   
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

after having read the nightmare stories i am too afraid to call if i ever need help as i have a very short fuse to be ignored or lied to or given the run around. i am not saying that is what will happen but.......
i prefer to solve my own problems with it than be without it 4 2 months or so. Touch wood nothing major in 200+ flights. so i suppose i am happy with the CS? IDK
2015-8-31
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417149 ft

United States

I would use my other DJI3 and buy a third one.  Just lucky I can rather then contact DJI.  It might get better but who knows when...........money/profit drives everything.  Gee check out the interview with the CEO of DJI.  It will answer a lot of questions about service.  At least it did for me.
2015-9-9
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-9-9 21:02
DJI told me the 8 week wait is a thing of the past. They have totally revamped and turnaround is 4 ...

Don't stop putting pressure on DJI
Remember 99/1.
2015-9-9
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Joe Blow Posted at 2015-9-9 20:49
I would use my other DJI3 and buy a third one.  Just lucky I can rather then contact DJI.  It might  ...

Where is the video you are mentioning?
Bat
2015-9-9
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 417149 ft

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-10 09:36
Where is the video you are mentioning?
Bat

Its an interview not a video, just google DJI CEO interview 2015
2015-9-10
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

bat, u need to put an option for "not needed to so far"
2015-9-13
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 02:41
bat, u need to put an option for "not needed to so far"

Done. That will help for people who just want to see the results. Thanks.
Bat
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-15 00:13
Done. That will help for people who just want to see the results. Thanks.
Bat

too latte i voted totally satisfied, lol
thanks, bat
2015-9-14
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 12:36
too latte i voted totally satisfied, lol
thanks, bat

But have you ever had any experience with their support?
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-15 04:23
But have you ever had any experience with their support?

bat, to be honest, no i have not, because:
1-i rather fix things myself so i understand how the technology of how it works.
2- i have a short fuse for nonsense, or you hadnt noticed yet? lol.
i am not saying that will be what i ll get from them, just not want to put it to the test and besides, i really havent had any issues that i couldnt fix myself, including a crashed p3 due to inadvertently doing a CSC mid flight!!
2015-9-14
Use props
teamnest1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

The support I received on the phone was not to bad.
However, getting someone to pickup took hours. It constantly would put me on hold and then hang up on me.

Also, The chat is pretty bad.
2015-9-15
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

CSC

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 16:34
due to inadvertently doing a CSC mid flight!!

Those CSC's should always come in pair!
2015-9-15
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

teamnest1 Posted at 2015-9-15 10:39
The support I received on the phone was not to bad.
However, getting someone to pickup took hours. I ...

Yes the chats have a tendency to abruptly end, I have had the same ending on phone calls also.
2015-9-15
Use props
L8again
lvl.4

Canada

Only had a problem trying to register, and that was resolved via email within an hour, so I have not voted.
2015-9-15
Use props
Phuglie
First Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI have come along leaps and bounds in their support recently so I'm looking forward to continued improvements!
2015-9-16
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-16 17:11
I think DJI have come along leaps and bounds in their support recently so I'm looking forward to con ...

Let's hope they will. But there are still some horror story.
I hope they will improve if they want to compare themselves with GoPro and Apple.

Bat
2015-9-16
Use props
ccash
lvl.1

United States

Wow if this is an improvement I hate to see what it was.  I have been waiting two months and have not even sent my phantom in.
2015-9-17
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

ccash@bright.ne Posted at 2015-9-17 15:19
Wow if this is an improvement I hate to see what it was.  I have been waiting two months and have no ...

You have been waiting for what?
2015-9-18
Use props
UAV Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4747 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please anyone considering the purchase of a DJI product understand the Customer Service is terrible, my own experience mirrors many more. After a €1000 bill for a low level, low speed crash with the Inspire 1 product I've returned over 3 weeks ago they have now said the product will be returned once repaired in 14 days. I can only assume they are going to return the product by a horse and cart.

As the product is used for a commercial purpose the cost in work lost while being repaired far out weighs the price. For that reason PLEASE I implore any potential purchaser to avoid DJI and look elsewhere.
2015-10-12
Use props
duey101
lvl.3

Thailand

UAV Man Posted at 2015-10-12 23:51
Please anyone considering the purchase of a DJI product understand the Customer Service is terrible, ...

Horrendous to work with, run around hassle, three weeks to reply to my inquiry, still nothing.  So I  took it back to the dealer I bought it from... Sorted out to 100% satisfaction, no charge, swapped out my camera for a new one on the spot.  Phantom Thailand, the best after sales service around.
2015-10-14
Use props
Bluevista
lvl.1

United States

I've had mixed success.

I manage to get through the phone ordeal without undue difficulty, and each of the support people I've spoken with has been WAY above par for this type of work.  They speak clearly, professionally, and with knowledge and compassion.  Major kudos there... very refreshing.

But, at least for the issue I'm trying to get resolved, there's still no joy in Mudville.  I've learned that the local (as in US) office has very little leeway with respect to what they are allowed to do.  It all eventually comes down to the decision of a single person state-side, and I understand that he is VERY overloaded.  I've spent days just waiting for a reply to emails.
2015-10-14
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Captain
Flight distance : 34753871 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I had a gimbal issue. Once explained on DJI chat on Tuesday, Friday DHL retired the broken unit and ship a new one on next Tuesday. Perfect.From Italy to DJI support Europe in Germany.
2015-10-14
Use props
Thewood45
lvl.1

United States

I'll tell you what, and I already make a post about this...I'm in the USA and the USA support is some of the best customer support ever.  FYI, I'm in retail management for over 20 years.  They answer the phone within seconds, and the reps are clear english speaking.  
2015-10-15
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

capbat Posted at 2015-8-30 20:25
Agree.
Maybe, the guys that are not interested, or haven't had any problem, won't bother to vote.  ...

I placed my Vote "I have not needed Support"  I have not had any problems over the years with DJI. I have Phantoms and an Inspire. I am buying the new Inspire Pro. I have a new Phantom Pro and the 1.4 Firmware. For some unknown reason I have not experienced any of the problems that others have posted. Got me! Plus I am one of those people that has a dark cloud following me around.
2015-10-16
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

sharper4 Posted at 2015-8-31 11:42
I can't say how it's going to go, but I called 45 times one day last week trying to get help.  The l ...

Try on line "CHAT" I have never tried it but I have noticed it on the DJI Website.
2015-10-16
Use props
danielmcl9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

i get a new phantom and my controller is not charging and i only get 100 meters of range  , and i dong have any response yet ;(
2015-12-17
Use props
reeltime123
lvl.1
United States

I just got a Phantom 3 advanced for a early Christmas present, updated the firmware 2 days ago and now it has a esc error... emailed them, one answer and thats it. I have a 1000 brick and am besides myself.... No one here has heard of this and I feel like a red headed stepchild right now.. just need answers and support... If it needs to go back for repair tell me where and send me a RMA!!!!
2015-12-26
Use props
jonh
New

United States

I would recommend everyone that had a bad experience with DJI online sales should register a complaint at econsumer.gov.
2015-12-26
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.3

Australia

there should be option 8.  Are you a whinger?
2015-12-26
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

My only experience with DJI support is as follows:  I obtain an RA to return a controller for repair.  I package and mark and ship said controller per their instructions.  A month later I get an email telling me the ticket has been closed and if I dispute this to reply to the email.  Ticket closed?  Where is my controller?  No word on if it was fixed, no word on if it was returned, no nothing.  Just 'ticket closed.'  All I can say is I am glad I had a second controller.  But I still want my controller back!
2015-12-26
Use props
chris.gurley
New

United States

I got my son a Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas. Took it out on the 24th and could not use it because it immediately required firmware update. I have being trying to update the software for 5 hours so he can fly it in the morning. Update fails every time. After several failed attempts, I extracted the file from my phone installing it directly on the SD card. It has been loading for over a hour now and still no luck. On top of that you have no tech support available for four days. My son and I are extremely disappointed!!!! Talked with Edward Windam from tech support and sent him files from the phantom. Had a few exchanges and then nothing. No one will respond on the web support page or Facebook Dji support page. I briefly talked with another P3S owner have the same problem with the update yesterday(Christmas day) then again today. He informed that tech support contacted him today and  fixed his problems. I have sent numerous emails to support and Eward Windam with no response. I guess I will have to wait until Monday. At that point I will be one pissed off FM. Yes I know its Christmas but one of my sons other presents had a problem. I called Ankin Overdrive tech support this morning. They diagnosed the problem and overnighted the part today. Step it up Dji. Im still waiting!!!!!! 35 hours and counting.
2015-12-26
Use props
属兔的猴
lvl.3

China

I think DJI made a big progress! I love the tutorial videos and threads! There are more and more positive feedbacks on Facebook. Good Job!
2015-12-26
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules