How satisfied are you with DJI Support? (Please Vote)
14164 195 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@DJI-Ken,
In your post #68 and the members in #72,
What the heck is the Symian icon, over the Avatar pics?
I had that in a couple of my old threads and have forgotten about them, and was just reminded reading this thread...

Is there a forum glitche, or they're there for a defining reason?
Asked about this before, & got a zero in response percent...

RedHotPoker
2016-2-10
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

They are being marked by the NSA.
2016-2-10
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Still early days for me so I've had no need of the DJI support.  The voting really needs to be classified better. To which DJI product support is needed for as then we can see which line is more buggy too.
2016-2-11
Use props
CCEC
lvl.1
Philippines

their online support are fast... for inquiries.. but if your inquiry is about hardware problem they will ask you to send the unit to them for fixing
2016-2-11
Use props
MarkV
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-10 15:08
I'm sorry if your experience was less than expected. What is your ticket number and I will look in ...

Oh, I have a ticket.  Unfortunately, I have an indelible memory of the incident.  I have already replaced the ESC board I had a problem with, and stopped using the DJI store.  Just to get an RMA for the issue took a couple of weeks, pictures and a bunch of writing.

I described part of the problem in another thread here hoping to indirectly influence DJI to pre-tin the the boards in the interest of quality control, and to give the end user a break on the installation difficulty.  I bought a couple of boards, and one of them had a problem with the tin pads falling off, plus a couple of other issues with plug in headers that I noticed during assembly.

Turn-around time was acceptable, but their response was an invoice that happened to be the same amount as a new board, and simply saying something to the effect that I messed the board up.  Hey, I have to admit, that is good material.  I was way beyond anger.  This needs to be made into to a series.
2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-11 11:58
@DJI-Ken,
In your post #68 and the members in #72,
What the heck is the Symian icon, over the Avatar ...

I think that's when a post is made and you are also logged in with your phone.
2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

MarkV Posted at 2016-2-11 19:45
Oh, I have a ticket.  Unfortunately, I have an indelible memory of the incident.  I have already r ...

The boards on the Phantom3 is an all in one center board and the ESC's are part of the board. I don't know how you replaced an ESC.
http://store.dji.com/product/pha ... er-board-mc-pro-adv
2016-2-11
Use props
MarkV
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-11 07:36
The boards on the Phantom3 is an all in one center board and the ESC's are part of the board. I do ...

Thats right, I just call it an ESC board.  Specifically, it is part 96.  The second version, or V2 for the P3P.  The Phantoms I have purchased are very new, but despite this, they both came with the version 1 system.  My research has found that V2 runs cooler.  My application needs extended flight time, and I have been experimenting with different ways to achieve it.  The temperature of the motors of V1 have always concerned me, hence the board change, along with the motors.  The research is correct.  There is a huge difference, and I now no longer concern myself about over heating lift motors.

That is the rest of the story :-)   There is actually more that has to do with slow father, fast daughter on fast pony....
2016-2-11
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Cell Phone Logo

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-11 16:32

I got a Windows Phone logo a few posts back.
Never had one
Voting for Government Spy Theory!
Sounds way cooler, I think maybe Obama hacked my account using his Nokia
2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-11 08:32

Oh, well I have had that  on my posts, and don't even own a cell... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-12 01:46
I got a Windows Phone logo a few posts back.
Never had one
Voting for Government Spy Theory!

You never know
2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

True, We don't, but do you? ;-)
Why the top secret espionage, on a drone forum?

I guess we have terrorism in our midst, and I didn't give it a first or second thought.

Good thing you guys are here, to help everybody, anybody, with questions, concerns or comments. Ha
With all them no fly zones, now they will need to find a different manufacturers product. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2016-2-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-12 06:25

That's why I put the smiley face, I was making a joke. Since you don't have a cell phone, my thought as to why it's there was wrong.
I don't know why it shows up on some posts but I will find out exactly why and report back.
2016-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thanks forum bro, much appreciated. Eh...

RedHotPoker
2016-2-11
Use props
mcphipps900
lvl.3

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-2-12 06:25

Good thing we have all these spy drones here. If you see anything out of the ordinary, please contact the Office of Homeland Security at once.
2016-2-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Fortunately, our Go app connects to the web, even when we are asleep, so all of our pertinent info and vital statistics had already been duly sent.  Hahaha

I spy with my little drone, something that is,,, Pink!! ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-2-12
Use props
survivor2221
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332228 ft
United States

To respond to the original question the support I have received on two warranty occasions have been excellent. My only issue is the lack of updated ticket info and having to request numerous times what work was done and what could have cause my 2 incidents. Pass that off to ???? But actual repair and honoring the warranty IMO has been excellent. Course I haven't seen my drone to fly since Nov 22 but who's counting....LOL
2016-2-12
Use props
nick.amtower.gm
lvl.1

United States

UPDATE**********

I've called and emailed a few times back and forth the past two weeks- no progress. At this point I have lost faith in DJI customer support so if no repairs have been made  I will just seek out a private party that is competent in repairing quad copters. A few emails, maybe a half dozen calls, and nobody from the DJI support team was able to connect the dots on the invoice/ticket history of the phantom 3 pro that I sent in about a month and a half ago. I don't know if any repairs have been made because nobody from customer support seems to have any idea what is going on (they really need to work on the communication systems between customer support and repairs as there seems to be a complete disconnect in communication from the two.)
Expectations are everything. I called in today, and the last half dozen times I called in my account was able to get verified with my email address. This time, I had to dig through all of my emails and produce every kind of tracking number, user id number, RN number, all kinds of different numbers  to verify my account. Even my name and number didn't cut it. You guys need to lock in a precise means of identifying customers and getting to the notes of a ticket. The customer service reps should be able to get my email address, look at my ticket history, and see my email history as well as notes logged from every phone conversation so that when I call again a customer service representative who IDs me is able to take a minute and see the entire history my relationship with DJI.

I gave up hope that any type of repair would happen so I just requested over the phone today that I get my drone shipped back to me. Oddly enough within minutes of hanging up I received an email that stated my ticket was cancelled. The only thing that surprised me there was how quickly I received that notification. I still haven't heard back from several other emails regarding my phantom 3, but when it came to cancelling the ticket and getting my drone shipped back to me- lickity split.

I'd say this is the first time I have ever explained at length my dissatisfaction with customer service. I've always worked in customer service so reading my own words kind of makes me gag.

I am actually a little concerned as to how competent DJI will be at sending my rig back to me. I sent them every bit that I have. Will I get any of it? Will something be missing? I've lost complete faith in their ability to communicate therefore I do not know if they have a system of maintaining repair inventory/ownership. I really wish I had just done the less convenient thing and found a third party hobbiest that knew a thing or two about repairs...

You guys really just need to work on a better system of receiving and organizing data. One of the last emails I received the manager or supervisor that contacted me said something along the lines of "I don't think I understand what is happening here".

I don't know what else to tell you guys. Please PM me if you have any information on someone that can maintain a reliable dialogue and can look at my name+ticket number and say "Oh yea, I remember this guy, he wanted x y and z.

I apologize for rambling a bit, but damn if I 'm not fed up with this process.
2016-2-13
Use props
shauttra
lvl.2

Latvia

After battery error and crash i called to DJI support in Germany, they picked up phone immediately. Respond to emails was within few hours or even minutes.  Support center received my P3P very fast, on 08. january (crash was at 30. december) and repairing was started. I receive back Phantom on 09. february. Everything looks new except battery and no more spare propellers. So, no problems with support at all. Thanks!
2016-2-13
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Ticket 138030

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-29 17:57
Ok, thanks I will send an email but may not get a response until Monday.

Did they happen to indicate which Monday?
Another one just passed...

Sorry to keep bothering you with my case but I think it's important
that you know if and when youre beeing ignored by your German co-employees.
2016-2-15
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Mostly satisfied. I had two incidents. They both took a long time, but it was during the move. The first one came back fixed for a nominal fee, but the 2nd one took a lot longer. However, when I did get something back, it as a brand new model (most recent generation of the P3P with new motors and chassis, etc.). I wasn't the only one -- I am of the impression that they realized the bad reputation they were getting due to the long wait times (due to the overwhelming success of the P3 series launch) and someone made the right decision: "Screw it. Send a new unit to all of those people that have waited so long".
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-16 02:34
Did they happen to indicate which Monday?
Another one just passed...

I am sorry and I will make sure you are contacted ASAP.
2016-2-15
Use props
radek.skokan
New

Germany

So my first experience with DJI support:

I received my P3A last Friday. On Saturday I was trying to get it working but no luck. When I wanted to reach the support, the page was saying that currently they are not available for calls and chats. Ok, weekend.
So I used the email option.
In the same time I asked the same question here in the forum at the midnight (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=237344) and got instantly the right answer! (Activation of the device was needed and I needed to restart my phone/the app to somehow unblock it and trigger it to display the activation screen).

Today I got an answer from DJI support that (1) I need to make sure that I use a supported phone, (2) otherwise the drone is probably broken...

DJI should be very thankful that they have this forum and so active, helpful and skilled members.
IMO the support people are not doing a good job - they are paid professionals and not even able so search in this knowledge base to give qualified answers.
2016-2-16
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Awesome Forum

radek.skokan Posted at 2016-2-16 10:21
I asked the same question here in the forum at the midnight (http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=237344) and got instantly the right answer! :

I received my P3A last Friday. On Saturday I was trying to ...

Yea we rock!
2016-2-16
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

13'th Monday

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-16 05:18
I am sorry and I will make sure you are contacted ASAP.

Seems like they are experiencing some kind of email problems.
Last Monday I got an email requiring serial numbers and replied with pictures of the labels on the box and the remote.
Today I got a new email asking for the same labels.
Reuploaded the pictures and replied hoping for better luck this time.
At least now they are trying
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-22 18:36
Seems like they are experiencing some kind of email problems.
Last Monday I got an email requiring ...

I am sorry, it will get straightened out.
2016-2-22
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

No DJI Cares extended warranty for Canada, very very dissatisfied. I'm actually gutted at DJI decision not to include  Canada. Really considering jumping ship over this.
2016-2-22
Use props
rhbraun007
lvl.1

United States

My own experience has been very good. I crashed the 3P3 and broke off the gimbal from the airccraft. I emailed them telling them what happened, that I didn't think it was a warranty repair and I was prepared to pay. They sent me an RMA and a shipping label, and I returned it to Carson, CA. They told me the repair was free of charge, and I got it back within two weeks. It's worked fine ever since. You could not ask for better service. The chat was a little different. In answer to a question, I got an immediate reply, assigning it a number. But it seems to me the right hand does't know what the left hand is doing and it took awhile to get an answer. But overall I am completely satisfied with the service I got. And their product, from my experience, is great! I was surprised to find so many complaints, both in service and the product itself.
Bob
2016-2-22
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Dealer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-22 16:56
I am sorry, it will get straightened out.

Yea I hope so, thank you guys for trying to help!
Tomorrow I have a job in the village where I buy my DJI drones and I will visit your dealer on my lunch break.
I'll bring the box with cable, charger and rc hoping they can help send it where it needs to be sent.
Maybe they even have a new drone for me?
Don't think so but my hope is on the rise so I have to try
At least they might have a working communication channel with customer service if email fails again.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-2-23 00:05
No DJI Cares extended warranty for Canada, very very dissatisfied. I'm actually gutted at DJI decisi ...

It is for North America, so you can buy it.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rhbraun007 Posted at 2016-2-23 03:11
My own experience has been very good. I crashed the 3P3 and broke off the gimbal from the airccraft. ...

Good to hear, and customer service is getting better and better.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-2-23 04:32
Yea I hope so, thank you guys for trying to help!
Tomorrow I have a job in the village where I buy ...

You should be good, if there's any more extreme communication errors let me know.
2016-2-22
Use props
tm0054
lvl.1

United States

I had decent support... Replies usually came within 12 hours. Problem is they left me hanging right at the point where I'm supposed to send my defective Phantom 3 Advanced back for repairs (No Signal issue from day 1).

That's ok though since my P3A is brand new I've decided to ship it back to Amazon anyhow. I will most likely try my luck with a P3P since the price is so low right now.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

tm0054 Posted at 2016-2-23 05:25
I had decent support... Replies usually came within 12 hours. Problem is they left me hanging right  ...

Sorry it took a while but sounded like it ended up good.
2016-2-22
Use props
lai.kp91
New
Flight distance : 79652 ft
Canada

I too have had terrible customer service with DJI.

DJI's customer service is totally unacceptable.

My experience with DJI's customer service has been just neglectful and ignorant.
My story starts a couple weeks ago when my P3P spun out of control and dropped out of the sky breaking the gimal and camera.
So of course I contact customer support to get my P3P into repairs. I get an email back with a pretty simple form asking what happened , what are the problems , and things like that , but with no instructions.
Then I get another email with some vague instructions , half in Chinese and a shipping label . Making sure I am getting it right I use live chat as clarification, the live chat interface is half in chinese which is really distracting , the support staff was not helpful , I received generic copy and pasted answers or one word answers.

So finally after getting my P3P to California  and a week later , I get an invoice for repair . Unlike going to get your car fixed at the mechanics, where you get a detailed summary of the diagnostics . I just get an invoice of parts being replaced .  I have emailed back asking what the flight log showed and Ive gotten no answer after a week now.  I can accept operator error how ever the operator needs to be notified of what the problem was.  I am not willing to accept an invoice with no reasoning or diagnostics report.

2016-2-22
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Norway

Flight Log Diagnostics

lai.kp91@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-23 06:29

DJI's customer service is totally unacceptable.  ...

You have a flight log on your phone.
Quite a lot of diagnostics are aviable on various sites if you want.
heathydrones.com is the most popular one.
Have a look here for some of the options http://forum.dji.com/thread-37481-1-1.html
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

lai.kp91@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-23 13:29

DJI's customer service is totally unacceptable.  ...

I am sorry you had an issue, what was the outcome in the end.
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

First time had a fall from sky issue . Bird was all busted up but repaired under warranty in 3 weeks time . Nothing was mentioned as to why  or what happened . No mention of what was fixed . Regardless repaired all under warranty . Second fall from sky issue Dji says I enabled csc. Sent me an email with two pages of illustrations and explanations of the csc . Invoiced me 731$ to repair . Itemized list of what needs to be repaired and he cost of each . Why wasn't this list and explanation present during the first fall from sky issue ? How do I know what caused the crash was fixed /diagnosed from the first time , and didn't cause the second fall from sky ? Lots to be answered . My second. Rma was for the RC having rattles and the right stick seemed to stick inwards and downwards they aren't fixing that either so now I have a busted up phantom 3 pro and a busted up RC. . 4 used batteries
2016-3-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

mal6514 Posted at 2016-3-11 01:58
First time had a fall from sky issue . Bird was all busted up but repaired under warranty in 3 weeks ...

I'm sorry you had an issue.
When you say they won't fix it, you mean it's not going to be fixed under warranty because they felt it was user damage or out of warranty period.
So to say they are not fixing it it not a fair statement, they will repair it but just with a repair charge.
2016-3-10
Use props
mal6514
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-11 00:14
I'm sorry you had an issue.
When you say they won't fix it, you mean it's not going to be fixed un ...

Lemme guess the remote controller was also csc"d thus being user error ? Can't win for lose . Bought two months ago, only had for about a month due to being out for warranty work. I get it back then few month later I csc"d . And also within a two month period my RC is falling apart and but since i csc my bird they won't warranty the remote also? Complete total loss. At least I still have the four batteries and 100 watt charger . Thanks Dji
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules