How satisfied are you with DJI Support? (Please Vote)
14161 195 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kankkis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 415912 ft
Finland

My drone has been in repair now 4 weeks. I think it's not acceptable. Wrecs at the bottom plate and DJI has no spareparts.

Jani
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The_Don Posted at 2016-8-14 00:34
To DJI-Ken,

Can you give me some advice on how to have more success communicating with DJI Support? ...

I may not see any post directed to me unless you reply to one of my posts.
I do see your emails and and the emails we have sent.
I'm glad everything is working perfectly and you don't need to send the aircraft in.
2016-8-31
Use props
Holger4221
Banned

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Holger4221 Posted at 2016-9-1 00:48
I can only report what some posted here already and I have no idea how DJI is organizing their suppo ...

I'm sorry if you are having difficulties.
What is your ticket# ?
And support said they would send you a replacement aircraft? There would have to be an issue with the aircraft and you send it in before anything would be determined.
What accessories were missing?
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Holger4221 Posted at 2016-9-1 09:39
Sorry @DJI Ken
Are you kidding me right now? How should I give you or your colleagues Jasper / Mic ...

As soon as you start a case you get a ticket#
2016-8-31
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1466611 ft
United States

This thread is a Joke Right???? After God knows how many Bad Firmware update threads there has been go through the waste of time troubleshooting steps then told your going to have to send it in to be evaluated hear back from them weeks if not months just to hear you owe X amount of Dollars and if you don't send it in what you don't see your bird again... And to ask how DJI Support is doing........ This is a joke right????
2016-11-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-11-30 23:18
This thread is a Joke Right???? After God knows how many Bad Firmware update threads there has been  ...

Not everyone has your evaluation, and a tiny fraction of Phantom/Inspire pilots have experienced any negatives.
So your comments are only personal, and don't meet with many others with any DJI history. Hundreds of thousands of DJI drones floating around, with only a small fraction on the various RC forums, sharing concerns, problems or difficulties.
I have no idea what your drone went through, nor why it has caused you this obvious frustration.
Ah, but I do have sympathy for your situation though, and only wish you better luck in the near future.

Hopefully you get it straightened away, and have a brighter future with your purchase. Good luck. ;-)

When you get it fixed or transformed, please share your kind comments then too.

RedHotPoker
2016-11-30
Use props
ConnaZA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15331 ft
South Africa

I cannot complain. Coming from South Africa where nothing works properly and Client service is generally considered a joke, I would say it's a matter of perception...

All of my emails have been responded to in a professional manner. Not immediately but always by someone who is either capable or willing to help. To be reasonable, 24hrs customer service is not possible.
2016-12-1
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-1 01:40
Not everyone has your evaluation, and a tiny fraction of Phantom/Inspire pilots have experienced a ...

Well my bird has never crashed, never been within 50 foot of a tree, a house, a car, a light pole, or any other Obstacle and it has never landed because i have hand caught mine since day one because the camera is only what an inch off the ground so it has never landed on an inch and a half sized rock. My bird flew fine till an update and now i'm lucky to fly 80 to a hundred feet and i loose live video feed But hey the SD Card recording looks great (For now). And there is plenty of threads here to show that under countless threads of griping of something gone wrong or if you will not right after update. And in all threads it's never the update it's What version you on, uninstall and reinstall DJI Go APP, What device you using (Galaxy s5) Re-link the controller, on and on and on thread after thread all threads with similar problem with  different names but same problem "I Updated the Firmware Bird flew fine before update and now well it doesn't."  As far as hundreds of thousands sold? All i got to say to that is i guess we're both lucky all of them haven't signed into the forum, or they choose to be silent Hoping and praying they will stumble across the answers to their problems after Firmware updates. Thank you for your reply even though it tried to point to me putting my Phantom through some bad flying conditions.
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Woops!!
RedHotPoker

2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I never said you crashed or treated your bird with aggression. I said I wasn't sure. Now you say that it's a bad firmware download that did you in. Probably so, and if you go back one firmware version, then what? Have you already tried to downgrade it? Coming in here saying the thread is a joke, only makes you "seem" disrespectful and immature. Just a guess, but I would bet that disregarding your drone problem that you are a very decent person, and have many admirable qualities that give your friends pride in knowing you. But you failed to show that side of you in your first post here. I want to believe that most if not all of the problrnatic drones can be fixed, either by a new incredible firmware update, or you possibly may end up sending it in for repair. If that is something you could do, send it soon.
Sorry for seeming harsh as I seriously never want to offend others that way, but I guess it's only human nature or instinct, to fight or flight. And I usually stand my ground pretty firm.

I wish there was something I could do to help you fix the problems you are experiencing, but my magic wand is broken, and my genie in the lamp, flew away. So I am left here alone, without my mystical powers.

Hopefully something will develop soon, where by you get to enjoy the Phantom, like you had already done in the past.
Again, you have my heart felt appology, never meant to be the a hard head or gruff senior member, only wishing you a better time in the very near future. I want everyone here with a problematic drone to experience the utmost happiness and joyful use of your drone.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United Kingdom

In My Personal  Experience there are like Apple take you money and see you later SUCKER  and if you have a problem and is  not you fault  you get human robots repeating them self over and over they spend more time faffing around new drone and updates that dont work(Gran dad said one to me once if aint broken dont fix it ) so unless you live in china where apparently customer service is good (So I heard) You get more chance getting SHIT out of ROCKING Horse than Customer sanctification ENOUGH SAID
2016-12-1
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

Well i hope for everybody that a firmware update comes out that fixes every bodies firmware update. As far as disrespect, no disrespect i really wanted to know if it was a joke or not after reading for hours and hours, and watching the forum for days and days I have remained silent for almost 3 weeks or better since i first brought my Firmware update problem up in i bet 10 or better Threads,  reading thread after thread after thread that all could be named the same thing "Why Did the Firmware Update Break my Fun and turn it into a Quagmire" So you see  there is/was no disrespect i truly wanted to know if it was a joke.

And to say "I don't know what your Drone went through" was taken as another inference to as (I don't know what you did to your drone) which is a mighty used term in almost all the firmware threads to say Ït Can't be the firmware it must be something we have done. Frustration, Anger, A lot of money Yes. Disrespect No. or Disrespect ment No........ Sorry!
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-12-1 03:49
In My Personal  Experience there are like Apple take you money and see you later SUCKER  and if you  ...

That's a joke and so are all the juvenile people who continue to be insultive, to the world leading drone manufacturers.

Please sell your drone and find a new hobby. haha

It's obviously far too advanced and complicated for you kids to play with.
Buy some building blocks and build a lovely sand box, you know, for castles and dragons...
Spelling a challenge too? J/K
Yeah Kidding of course, but I can play the delinquent too. Too funny!!
But hey, if you want to play hard ball, you need to grow a pair first. Snickers

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

WHATEVER HA HA HA
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-1 03:53
Well i hope for everybody that a firmware update comes out that fixes every bodies firmware update. ...

I only wish you a memorable experience every time you start those motors. I want you to come here like I and many do, to share the fun we had, and explore new adventures together. I now know, you aren't meaning to be brash or sound disgruntled. Only wanting to appreciate the drone you bought, the way DJI meant you to.  That day will come again, and you will have the model, react the way you expect it to do. Fly as far as the eye can see and far beyond. That's what I want for you. Do you get it? We all want every one of you, with a drone issue, to have it fixed and flying wonderfully.

What more can I say? Wishing you all the best, and that you can have it fixed soon and flying like a champ...
Be well, and please smile often.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

That Day Will Never Come because i sold that piece of crap.  I am having more fun with my new BLADE 350QX that you can  never imagine and i do get to talk to real people. I am NOT ALONE
2016-12-1
Use props
Normn8or
lvl.4
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-1 05:14
I only wish you a memorable experience every time you start those motors. I want you to come here  ...

Amen, and i had nothing to do with that disrespect above. It's 5:23 am here and my Eye balls hurt from screen eye. I'll set myself back on the Hope and pray pile. Frustration caused me to light a fire. Sorry again! Normn8or over and out.
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Oh my, I think I've already gone too far, and there is no going back. I went to bed so upset this morning, that I was lucky to get four hours of restless sleep.
Even had a couple of horrific nightmares that actually woke me up. The last one even kicked me out of bed... Haha

It just bothers the heck out of me, to read some of the super negative stuff folks write, directed at DJI, like they had done something on purpose!!
I think it's unfair and truly uncalled for.
Granted some folks have had difficult dealings, but being derogatory doesn't solve anything, nor does it fix your problem.

I read others in their posts who are going through similar situations or perhaps even worse dealings yet they relate it politely.
Those folks seem to get their fix, much smoother with less turmoil. Does that make sense? It does to me.

RedHotPoker

2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Young Old Timer Posted at 2016-12-1 04:24
That Day Will Never Come because i sold that piece of crap.  I am having more fun with my new BLADE  ...

That's refreshing to know. I had looked at those exact models myself, and they do seem quite nice.  It's good to know that there are alternatives , something for everybody to appreciate... Hope that model serves you well, and you have many memorable enjoyable flights with it. Good luck. Thanks for sharing your journey. Haha

What is that forum like? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Normn8or Posted at 2016-12-1 04:26
Amen, and i had nothing to do with that disrespect above. It's 5:23 am here and my Eye balls hurt  ...

Yes, and thank you,  it was a general statement, not directed at anyone in particular... Just venting my steam pipe...

Have a great day... Enjoy the wonder filled December festivities... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Even though I was not on my best behavior, I do wish you only the best, and want the uncooperative drone to be everything you expected it to be. Hopefully you can get it flying like it should, and you can look back at this frustrating time with a smile and chalk it up to a bad experience. We all have them, from time to time. Life happens... ;-)

So good luck, and may the powers that be shine down and give you some peace...

RedHotPoker
2016-12-1
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-2 00:46
Even though I was not on my best behavior, I do wish you only the best, and want the uncooperative ...

I'm sure we all now know by now that you are trying to defend DJI's behavior in all after sales issues. But again. You can't because DJI's behavior SUCKS! Sorry if this is against DJI's forum rules. People are right to call DJI's after sales behavior for what it does. It is NOT acceptable! Faulty products right out of the box. Faulty software on and on since they shipped out the 1st drone. Any changes in that pattern? No. Not at all. Take a look at the Mavic posts. You would think that a "leader" like DJI would have made sure the drones wouldn't circle around out of control! That's what you called them right? To be honest. If it would be a car or a cellphone they sell with the point in customers couldn't use it, DJI would be closed by now! That's so sure like the AMEN in the church. But yes. You are right. People like you are at fault who deal with DJI for a long time and do know how bad DJI's reputation after sales is, that DJI is not changing at all.

I do have their product because people like you are saying that the product is top notch. You guys should also mention to people like me, that if the product won't work out of the box - you are on your own! I'm sure DJI wouldn't sell as much as they do now. What did I learn about it? Next time, I won't listen to product reviews and people like you anymore. I will look up BBB and how companies deal with customers AFTER they sold a product. I never ever had to argue with customer service that hard like with DJI. The product is faulty or at best - a "Alpha test product"! That's what DJI's products are. Again. If it would be cars DJI is selling but people can't use it - the governments would issue recalls with that much on issues. But it is a expensive toy - DJI and people like you are telling us - take it or leave it - and I believe a lot would leave it. That's where I figured out already why we have to fight and - yes right - wait, wait and wait until we don't like it anymore but stuck with it. In my case, after all hassle I had with "customer support people" (you can't call them that actually!) who CAN'T speak or understand English like they should on a "support line" (I actually called in at least 30 times and never had a "US born" human on the phone), my replacement is still in the box with 0 (zero) minutes because it is now to cold here to use it! 3 month fight and waiting time for a toy I paid "only" $1,300 CAD for. I wished it was a new car and they had to take it back. But it isn't and yes! "After sales" told me many, many times, that after my never used faulty drone was sitting in the assessment department for 4 weeks, it was now too late to ask for a refund. Not to mention that I had to wait 2 weeks for the shipping label. I was out of DJI's *very smart!* 7 days return policy. * smart that way because DJI would get many more returns than they could keep up with, IMHO!

I'm happy for all you "Alpha testers" who had and have good experience with DJI's after sales department. Especially the guys like RedHotPoker who got *free goodies* after repairs. *That's the guys who still defend DJI and accept that you have to put hands on a faulty product before it works like it should be.

DJI will never ever be like Apple that's for sure! Because Apple has a customer understanding!

*does my replacement drone works? who knows?! {:4_117:}
2016-12-2
Use props
fans7f0cf2ed
lvl.1

United States

You should change the title. I was just in 'tech support chat' (which was very unsatisfactory) - and in the upper right hand corner i see something about a 'survey' - a SASTIFACTION survey. Shouldn't DJI have a more 'pro' site without typos? As for the support - it's always been 'UNsastifactory' for me.
2016-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Silverstone Posted at 2016-12-2 09:49
I'm sure we all now know by now that you are trying to defend DJI's behavior in all after sales is ...

Fellow Canadian, Hopefully your replacement aircraft will be fine. ;-)
I had just about finished my reply, have written you a long drawn out reply, but my battery died, and it got deleted.

Eh, But I do wish you only the best.
I never have had any issues, and DJI have not sent me any free gifts. I have paid dearly for every part and piece of my exemplary flight kit. Any dealings that I have had with DJI employees has always been friendly cordial and nice.
Perhaps if you visit some of those other drone manufacturers website and forum you will soon learn, that no drone is perfect, and many have even more problems than these here. Many hundreds of thousands DJI customers have had no issues. The number who do experience any problems, are a tiny fraction of total drones sold. Minute in number.

Wishing you Good luck. Hopeful your replacement reacts much like mine has since day one. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-12-2
Use props
Silverstone
lvl.1

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-12-3 01:33
Fellow Canadian, Hopefully your replacement aircraft will be fine. ;-)
I had just about finished m ...

Sorry my bad! I thought I read somewhere that you thanked Ken for his help and a freebie you got from DJI. I have to learn and copy posts to store them for reference later because a lot gets here right away deleted if DJI doesn't agree with the point of view. I tried to bookmark this posts but when I am going back they are faster gone than a chicken on the plate.

I'm on the edge to sell or keep the drone in the moment with the disappointment I had and the winter blues kicking in. Living in the Edmonton area, I checked out the DJI store in the WEM and asked how much they are asking for a second P3P battery. $216 (two hundred sixteen!) I'm not sure how long that store will last there. That was a BlackFriday sale made in Canada!  
2016-12-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Silverstone Posted at 2016-12-2 23:10
Sorry my bad! I thought I read somewhere that you thanked Ken for his help and a freebie you got f ...

Oh no, so, you live here in Edmonton Alberta? Hahah. Oh well I guess we might be neighbors. That's very cool. But wait until Monday for a real cold time. Hahaha
Sure I have thanked Ken, but it was for his help, away from the forum. I had reached out to him, through email to help me find something, that I thought would be an easy find. Buy it never worked out, but I still respect and appreciate his effort and time involved. Even though I never got the ask, atleast he tried. And I respect that effort.
Threads do get erased, a few of mine have been dragged out too. But generally the threads move so fast, that you might need to go back a few pages to find the ones you thought would still be up front, on page one.
Ron Windmueller the owner of Droneology WEM, is a great guy too, and very knowledgeable about these drones, and has been selling DJI products for over ten years, yes since DJI's very beginning.  A bit of an exagerator though. But a likeable guy. & if he is reading this, Hi Ron. Hahaha
The new store is quite the shiny place, so I need to wear my shades in there. ;-) Plus he is building a drone racing arena there too, if he ever gets insurance, it will fly.

I am not sure what or why you are having a problem, if I can call it that. Sorry I couldn't be of more help to you. I can understand your being upset, and it must be difficult to deal with. After spending this amount of money, to be lost without a light to guide you. I have experienced plenty of loss and discomfort in my life as well, so as I said, I do empathize  and understand the feelings of being alone, when no one seems to care. I do tend to try and stand up for DJI, in many of the negative threads, if only because my Phantom 3 Pro' has never been a problem, or given me any difficulties, not once.
So admittedly, it's kind of difficult to relate how you and others feel, but I do know loss. And have had other things break, or screw up, where they are of no use, and sometimes you can't get them fixed if they are out of date. I had a Nikon Coolpics 990 digital camera go bad on me once, and after sending it all the way to Japan for repair, only to have it returned, with a sorry note, that they had no parts to fix it. I was so pissed off, I never took another picture for over two years. I had a speed light, remote, cables, extra battery all garbage and useless with any new equipment, that hurt me deep. But eventually I got over it, went out and bought my Nikon D800 and never looked back. Life goes on...

If you friend me, and send me a PM, I will provide you my home phone number, and we can get together when weather allows, and fly our drones together. I have already met a couple of other local members on here, and they are great people, who are wonderful to know. Have flown several times with one fellow who lives in Sherwood Park, and have become friends with a few others, some Fromm more Northern part of Alberta, an a couple who live in the BC interior.

It's been a lot of fun for me, being a part of this forum, been here for over a year and a half already, and recently became a Captain in forum points ranking. Haha
Ok, I'll look for that friend request if you chose to, and subsequent PM.

RedHotPoker
2016-12-2
Use props
justin1
New

United States

I did a software update about two months ago and my gimbal would not connect. It flew fine before the update. Tried to fix over the phone three times with no luck, sent the drone in for repair, and a month later I got an invoice for $209 for replacement of the gimbal! I called DJI and asked why do I have to pay for something that I didn't break? So they said they would review my case and get back to me. Today I called, because it's been about a week and haven't heard from them, and they said it's out of the 6 month warranty and I have to pay.  Really?! First off, why is the drone advertised as having a one year warranty, but it doesn't cover all of it? My drone is less than a year old by the way. Second, their software update messed up my drone, not me! I would understand if I did something wrong, but I didn't. All I did was update the software!? I have not had my drone for 2 months now and I am pissed off! I live in Florida and have missed some very unique footage of the aftermath of hurricane Matthew. The service manager that I spoke to was very nice and understood my problem and agreed I should not have to pay for it, but he said it was out of his hands and could not do anything else except give me the number to main headquarters. I tried calling but the number would not go through. After reading the forums, there seems to be a major issue with these updates!
2016-12-5
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

I clicked the wrong option when I voted...  I read it too fast, lol.  oops

I used chat a bit ago and they processed my requests efficiently.  
2016-12-8
Use props
PhantomPhil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

Rouge voting?
Take a look at "View Poll participants"
It seems like there is rouge voting in categories "Mostly satisfied" & "Totally Satisfied" (ie users pats001 - pats115) 115 votes giving DJI false credit for their support

Makes the poll pretty meaningless.

2016-12-8
Use props
Quamera
lvl.2
Australia

PhantomPhil Posted at 2016-12-8 14:41
Rouge voting?
Take a look at "View Poll participants"
It seems like there is rouge voting in categories "Mostly satisfied" & "Totally Satisfied" (ie users pats001 - pats115) 115 votes giving DJI false credit for their support

That's a bit sneaky, at least DJI (assuming that is who pats is) is accepting that their customer support needs some help!! Is there anyway that we can have a look at pats profile?
2017-3-3
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-8-30 14:19
I have no experience with them, but judging by all of the comments on many forums, this seems like it would be a waste of time question.  I have never heard anyone say they were happy with the service they got - even dealers that I have visited.  I know one dealer near here that won't sell them because of the lack of support.

I needed support because of a crash that I caused.  My repair by DJI was within two weeks, and at a reasonable cost, considering what I did.  I was very satisfied with the service.
2017-3-3
Use props
eurasia29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 110955 ft
Belgium

Once with a P3P and once with a P4, I had problems with the camera. I contacted the support. They do all possible to avoid an RMA. That was a total coworking and they were very friendly.  I must nevertheless send the chopper back to DJI ans the problems were fixed quickly. I am thus totaly satified. I also chat sometimes for technical information and, here also, the collaboration is total and friendly.
2017-3-9
Use props
Barlow911
New

United States

I would say my experience has been bad. After being on hold for 30 min. They told me to go online and fill out a service request. Told them I already did that and it did not work .  Highly disappointed, after spending lots of money on their products you think they would treat you better.
2017-3-9
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

not yet to vote but soon once they give me the outcome of my drone repairs on warranty claims.......
Should be in the neutral side from now.....
2017-7-27
Use props
WBF
New
Flight distance : 93317 ft
United States

1 - Their service is sub par for sure. They outsource their support line which is the worst thing they could do. Like most other companies, their support representatives are there answering questions from script and it provides a super frustrating experience. I'm begging DJI to improve it! Please!!
2017-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules