Air 3 Remote ID
10434 22 2023-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noob1957
lvl.4

Ireland

Hi, I can't seem to find the remote ID for my drone.
I bought the drone in China and are planning to fly it in the US during a holiday, and so I am trying register it. I looked in the about section of settings and can't find remote ID under SN.
Thanks for any and all help.
2023-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that all new drones produced by DJI now include these capabilities or the Remote ID-compliant drone. If you bring a RID-compliant drone to the US from a non-US country, the drone will surely broadcast an FAA Remote ID signal after taking off in the US. You may click the link below for more information about Remote ID. Thank you for your valued support.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-293343-1-1.html
2023-8-5
Use props
fans20b63dac
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-5 01:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please note that all new drones produced by DJI now include these capabilities or the Remote ID-compliant drone. If you bring a RID-compliant drone to the US from a non-US country, the drone will surely broadcast an FAA Remote ID signal after taking off in the US. You may click the link below for more information about Remote ID. Thank you for your valued support.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-293343-1-1.html

Hello, thanks for the reply. I understand that the drone has remote ID capabilities and will broadcast its position after takeoff, but I would like to know where can I find my drone’s remote ID serial number as registering it on FAA’s dronezone requires the remote ID.
2023-8-5
Use props
fans20b63dac
lvl.4

United States

fans20b63dac Posted at 8-5 19:09
Hello, thanks for the reply. I understand that the drone has remote ID capabilities and will broadcast its position after takeoff, but I would like to know where can I find my drone’s remote ID serial number as registering it on FAA’s dronezone requires the remote ID.
I’ve actually just found the remote ID serial number is the same as the drone/controller serial number, and it seemed to have worked!
Thanks for the help nontheless
2023-8-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans20b63dac Posted at 8-5 20:30
I’ve actually just found the remote ID serial number is the same as the drone/controller serial number, and it seemed to have worked!
Thanks for the help nontheless

Thank you for your response. You may check this information on the DJI Fly app. Go to DJI Fly app > Settings> About> Remote ID SN. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28641640 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-7 05:06
Thank you for your response. You may check this information on the DJI Fly app. Go to DJI Fly app > Settings> About> Remote ID SN. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

"Remote ID" is not listed in the list as it is on other aircraft in the About menu. As stated above, the Aircraft and Flight Controller SN's match and start with "158."
2023-8-7
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

how do you find what is your RID?
2023-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

angeloffate Posted at 8-7 12:54
how do you find what is your RID?

Hello there. If the drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F, also mentioned above by KLRSKIR), the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number. If the drone has a 14-digit alphanumeric serial number, the Remote ID serial number is not the same as the aircraft serial number. You can refer to DJI Paladin's Reply #5 to check the drone's RID. Thank you and have a great day ahead.
2023-8-8
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

thanks, understood
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

KLRSKIR Posted at 8-7 09:21
"Remote ID" is not listed in the list as it is on other aircraft in the About menu. As stated above, the Aircraft and Flight Controller SN's match and start with "158."

Thank you for your response. Yes, for an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0, and the total number of digits is also 20. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-8-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are most welcome. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-8-8
Use props
fans33f480c2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hello,

I have just purchased DJI Air 3. I live and work in UK but am looking to go on a holiday to USA later this year

I am looking to fly the drone recreationally and hoping to capture some great holiday footage

I have been researching on what I need to do to fly a drone in USA and have succesfully obtained my TRUST certificate and have installed B4U app

I have been trying to register my drone with the FAA and it seems that DJI Air 3 is not listed on the FAA site so I cannot register

Is this correct? Does this mean it is illegal to fly DJI Air 3 in USA?

As soon as I start typing my serial number which begins with 1581F6N8* I get a message which says invalid serial number

Can someone please help

Thank you

Jaymin
2023-8-27
Use props
noob1957
lvl.4

Canada

fans33f480c2 Posted at 8-27 01:30
Hello,

I have just purchased DJI Air 3. I live and work in UK but am looking to go on a holiday to USA later this year

Hello, Jaymin

I was in a similar situation as you (just not from the UK), and I got my drone registered by entering the Aircraft SN/Flight Controller SN (in the About menu in the 3 dots menu at the top right in camera view) when prompted to enter the Remote ID number. The SN should be 1581******... if I'm not mistaken.
After that I got my drone registration number and that seems to be it.

Hope this helps
noob1957
2023-8-27
Use props
djiuser_KDLvqhQSjHFm
New

United States

I’m so tired of government overreach on everything, especially for what equates to a toy for guys with a little bit of money. I’m all for safety but is there a way to disable remote id, specifically on the air 3?  I feel like big brother has just gone way too far!  And how do I change my username?  Lol
2023-9-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KDLvqhQSjHFm Posted at 9-6 21:37
I’m so tired of government overreach on everything, especially for what equates to a toy for guys with a little bit of money. I’m all for safety but is there a way to disable remote id, specifically on the air 3?  I feel like big brother has just gone way too far!  And how do I change my username?  Lol

Hi there. I understand the inconvenience. According to the Remote ID rule, the Remote ID system cannot be disabled by any person, and once the drone is upgraded to RID-compliant firmware, it cannot be downgraded. You can change your username in your settings under your personal homepage section. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-7
Use props
djiuser_KDLvqhQSjHFm
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 9-7 01:51
Hi there. I understand the inconvenience. According to the Remote ID rule, the Remote ID system cannot be disabled by any person, and once the drone is upgraded to RID-compliant firmware, it cannot be downgraded. You can change your username in your settings under your personal homepage section. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
Can you avoid upgrading the firmware forever And still be able to use the drone like normal?
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_KDLvqhQSjHFm Posted at 9-7 07:48
Can you avoid upgrading the firmware forever And still be able to use the drone like normal?

Hi there. It is recommended to update your firmware to the latest to ensure optimal performance and flight safety and also to catch up with the newest features. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-7
Use props
undersky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3727 ft

United States

same problem but bought it in USA. can't find remote id.
2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_sq8iz61KIkBl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39921 ft
United States

undersky Posted at 10-3 14:15

in the battery compartment there is a 20-digit S/N which is your remote ID as well
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

undersky Posted at 10-3 14:15

Hello there. If your drone has a 20-digit alphanumeric serial number (always prefixed with 1581F) the Remote ID serial number is the same as the aircraft serial number, and generally the same as the flight controller serial number. Have a great day.
2023-10-7
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

As DJI Tony stated, the RID number you are looking for is the aircraft serial number. It isn't listed as RID in the settings of the DJI Fly software, just the aircraft serial number. Thats how I got mine registered on the faa dronezone website. And if you fly in the US and I'm sure it's like this in other countries with their air authorities, a drone equipped with standard remote ID can not be turned off as this is mandated by the FAA regulations.
2023-10-7
Use props
djiuser_aAPIhYgPeeHf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345118 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-8-7 05:06
Thank you for your response. You may check this information on the DJI Fly app. Go to DJI Fly app > Settings> About> Remote ID SN. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Hola buenas tardes he estado buscando la manera de activar mi remoto ID y no he podido ya q mi drone dji air 3 no tiene la opción en el control remoto de UAS remote identification q puedo hacer.
5-3 10:53
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_aAPIhYgPeeHf Posted at 5-3 10:53
Hola buenas tardes he estado buscando la manera de activar mi remoto ID y no he podido ya q mi drone dji air 3 no tiene la opción en el control remoto de UAS remote identification q puedo hacer.

Hi there. We're deeply sorry for the trouble. Please make sure to update the latest firmware of both aircraft and remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 software. After that, if you are using a controller with a mobile device, please make sure to update the DJI Fly app to the latest version and check whether the issue persists. Please keep us posted.
5-6 01:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules