1400 6 2015-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josh.sunvalleyp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1857421 ft
United States

Hi -

Just updated to the latest firmware - remote now frozen.  It emits no sound when powered on and I see only a blue light.  Will not connect to drone.  

Anyone seen this?

2015-8-30
Use props
btamkins
lvl.3
Flight distance : 269291 ft
United States

Did you update the RC firmware as well?
2015-8-31
Use props
josh.sunvalleyphoto
lvl.1
United States

btamkins Posted at 2015-8-31 06:40
Did you update the RC firmware as well?

Yes - updated all firmware on all drones and remotes.  I sent one of my drones back to DJI who said they repaired it (and I presume, made sure firmware was up to date so they could test it).  I received it back from them - neither the drone nor the remote required firmware updates.  

When I launched the drone, the signal was fine until my drone got about 300m away - still in direct line of site with no impairments - and the video feed started to fail.  I had to return home and relaunch.  This has happened at several different locations where I live (I live in a small remote town in central idaho).  I am also getting a regularly error notice that reads "wireless interference, fly with caution".  I get this error no matter where I fly - sometimes in the middle of no where with no power lines, homes or any signs of civilization.  I'd like to note that my drones all worked perfectly fine until I updated the firmware and DJIGo app software that includes geofencing.
2018-1-29
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

josh.sunvalleyphoto Posted at 2018-1-29 14:34
Yes - updated all firmware on all drones and remotes.  I sent one of my drones back to DJI who said they repaired it (and I presume, made sure firmware was up to date so they could test it).  I received it back from them - neither the drone nor the remote required firmware updates.  

When I launched the drone, the signal was fine until my drone got about 300m away - still in direct line of site with no impairments - and the video feed started to fail.  I had to return home and relaunch.  This has happened at several different locations where I live (I live in a small remote town in central idaho).  I am also getting a regularly error notice that reads "wireless interference, fly with caution".  I get this error no matter where I fly - sometimes in the middle of no where with no power lines, homes or any signs of civilization.  I'd like to note that my drones all worked perfectly fine until I updated the firmware and DJIGo app software that includes geofencing.

What are you using for the go ap device ?  ( I pad Iar , MinI , samsung etc ?) it needs a fast processor now a days. In the past the older go app devices would work but with the latest encryption they needs tons of power .

Beg  borrow  or steal ( kidding ) another go app device like an I pad Pro or something with an A9 MINIMUM processor,  this way you can at least narrow  the problem down , if it goes away then you know that is the issue.

Here is a tips page with other ideas to try as well .
Video Transmission issues with X3 or X5 ? Try These Suggestions !

**** I get  many of the same  warning as well in the same flight areas  whre I had none before. Just want  to share that with you .

donnie

2018-1-30
Use props
josh.sunvalleyphoto
lvl.1
United States

Donnie - Apple 0 Posted at 2018-1-30 07:30
What are you using for the go ap device ?  ( I pad Iar , MinI , samsung etc ?) it needs a fast processor now a days. In the past the older go app devices would work but with the latest encryption they needs tons of power .

Beg  borrow  or steal ( kidding ) another go app device like an I pad Pro or something with an A9 MINIMUM processor,  this way you can at least narrow  the problem down , if it goes away then you know that is the issue.

Thanks Donnie

Using an iPhone 6plus and an iPad mini 4.  Both work fine with my Mavic Pro.  But I cannot get a consistent video feed with any combination involving one of three inspire 1 drones and five separate remotes.

I'll see if I can't find another screen device to work with.  
2018-1-30
Use props
Donnie - Apple 0
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

josh.sunvalleyphoto Posted at 2018-1-30 07:41
Thanks Donnie

Using an iPhone 6plus and an iPad mini 4.  Both work fine with my Mavic Pro.  But I cannot get a consistent video feed with any combination involving one of three inspire 1 drones and five separate remotes.

Ok,let me know, should work with the Mini 4 if only barley , delete and re load the go app and see if that helps too.

good luck

donnie
2018-1-31
Use props
josh.sunvalleyphoto
lvl.1
United States

Thank - have done that and no help.   DJI refuses to acknowledge problem and won't fix my drone without extracting a significant amount of financial pain.  I think I'm going to switch to another platform.  These guys are all about numbers and not about long term customers satisfaction.  V frustrated.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules