Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frequency Analyser - following UAV crash in Australia
1523 10 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Captain
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

In view of the  recent UAV crash in Australia at a Stadium for a major Cricket event and the Operator claiming interference with radio requencies from other users such as TV camera vans with Satelite dishes, aerials and other devices being used in the Stadium does any one use a hand held frquency analyser.  
I understand that the Australian Aviation Authority is undertaking a formal investiagtion into the accident, but just wondering if anyone actually uses a radio frequency spectrum analyser to check frequencies and usage before flight.

Here is one link regarding the recent accident :
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015- ... ld-cup-atsb/6730940
2015-8-31
Use props
GB44
Captain
United Kingdom

Does any UAV commercial operator in eh UK use a spectrum analyser ?
2015-9-12
Use props
sthuemmel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

I use an android APP "WiFi Analyzer" to look at the WiFi.  There is a small hand held unit http://rfexplorer.com/shop/ you can get one that covers a wide freq range or certain freq band.  The only problem with both of these, is they show the RF info/interference where you are standing. You would have to take them to where you are going to have the drone and check that area.
2015-9-12
Use props
GB44
Captain
United Kingdom

I requested a quote in the UK for a hand held analyser and nearly fell off my seat  £11,000.

2015-9-12
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Highly unlikely anything interfered with it other than the buildings and whatnot blocking signal range, does it say where he was flying it from? The fcc exists for the sole purpose of regulating signals so devices don't interfere with each other.
2015-9-12
Use props
GB44
Captain
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-12 19:51
Eeeek !

Would something like this not suffice? If not, why not?

Paul,

Thats was the sort or price I was thinking of so you can imagine how I felt when I got a quote back for £11k
2015-9-13
Use props
GB44
Captain
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-12 19:51
Eeeek !

Would something like this not suffice? If not, why not?

Paul,

Thats was the sort or price I was thinking of so you can imagine how I felt when I got a quote back for £11k
2015-9-13
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Jammers for 100m range can be pretty small and cheap. Maybe someone in the Stadion just hated drones.
2015-9-13
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-14 05:48
Jammers for 100m range can be pretty small and cheap. Maybe someone in the Stadion just hated drones ...

They are also highly illegal and using one inside a packed stadium will definitely get you noticed, he just crashed cause he can't fly most likely, lol
2015-9-13
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Its possible but short range jammers are not much bigger then a walkie talkie with 8 antennas and probably also not identified as jammers. In countries like Bulgaria many people defend their illegal built buildings against government and other spy drones. Jamming RC control frequencies will also not be noticed by many because it doesnt effect Wifi and WLAN.
2015-9-14
Use props
GB44
Captain
United Kingdom

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-13 17:36
I'm heading down from Scotland to England along the M74 / M6 during the early hours of Monday mornin ...

Paul,

Sorry, just seen your post about  meeting up on Monday morning.

May be another time, with some notice.  If you PM me I will give you my direct email for the future.
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules