Polarizer filter from Polar Pro
1123 6 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I have seen pictures made with the polarizer filter from Polar Pro. It seems it not only polarizes but also gives the colours a bad yellow/brown drift. Can anyone confirm this?

They are too expensive to buy just for testing and see how white gets yellow.
2015-8-31
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

I purchased the six filter set.

Here I am using the nd32. I'll let you judge.

2015-8-31
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

looks good to me
2015-8-31
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

I still think this ND32 gives a yellow/brown touch to the colours however a direct comparison would be necessary.

Here is the only comparison I found but its not complete and some pictures are messed up.

However the first three pictures show what I mean. I would like a polarizer filter but I like the real colours of the DJI still more then the yellow/brown of the polarpro. Of course its hard to predict how it would look on my typical scenery but the risk it too high that I dont like it then.
Actually these pictures kept me away from ordering and making a comparison myself.

http://www.pauljoy.com/2015/06/learning-to-fly-inspire-filters/

Unfortunately there is no real video comparison to really see how strong the yellow/brown effect of the polarpro filters is.
2015-9-1
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Or anyone knows another polarizer filter not from polarpro?
2015-9-1
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

remltr Posted at 2015-8-31 20:34
I purchased the six filter set.

Here I am using the nd32. I'll let you judge.

There seem to be odd distortion artifacts along the bottom edge, and sometimes noticeable on the right edge.  Is that in any way due to the filter used?

Also, can you stack one of their ND filters with the polarizer?  In very bright sunny conditions I can see wanting to use an ND + CPL.
2015-11-1
Use props
kneverett
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know of any alternatives to the Polar Pro set?  I found some filters for Inspire by Neewer and Snake River Prototyping.  Does anyone have any experience with these, particularly the CPL?
2015-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules