Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nikon d800 and LB > black screen
2595 2 2014-12-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anatol
New
Flight distance : 1535 ft
Netherlands

I just bought a Ronin (great machine) and lightbridge. When I connect my Nikon D800 to the lightbridge (lb connected to Ronin) I only have live video on my lightbridge receiver (hdmi monitor or iPhone, both work) when I do not record video. As soon as I start recording video on my Nikon, the Lightbridge shows a blak screen/. When I stop recording on the D800, I have live video again. Very annoying. Tried every HDMI setting on my Nikon. Can some one give me a hint what to do? Thanks in advance.

2014-12-8
Use props
Heijningen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6055745 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You need to take the internal storage cards out of the camera (XQD and CompactFlash on the D4, CompactFlash and SD on the D800). This isn't technically necessary, but there are things you can do if a card is in the camera that'll reset the HDMI output to 720P that don't happen if no card is in the camera.
You set your frame size/rate via Movie Settings, as usual.
You need to turn HDMI/Advanced/Live view on-screen display to Off and HDMI/Advance/Output display size to 100%. These are not the defaults!
Depending upon what you're trying to do and what quality you desire, there may be more HDMI/movie settings you'll want to make. One to pay attention to is whether you want to output full or limited range. If you're new to video, you're going to get caught by this one eventually. Best choice: Limited range, as it puts black and white points within broadcast video safe limits.
If you're doing long takes, you must set CSM #C4 Live View to No Limit.
You generate the HDMI stream by using Video Live View (i.e. move the Live View lever to video, press the Live View button)

See for more info: http://www.bythom.com/hdmivideo.htm
2014-12-23
Use props
DJI-Julain
lvl.3

China

Heijningen Posted at 2014-12-23 19:15
You need to take the internal storage cards out of the camera (XQD and CompactFlash on the D4, Compa ...

It seems this phenomenon related to the setting of the camera.
For someone use LightBridge have no video output in the monitor. We could see the LED indicator in the Air End.

Solid Green means videos transmit status is fine.
2014-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules