Must have accessories?
1587 11 2015-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bunkx9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

From my research so far, a lot of people say the following are must haves for the P3: quick release prop guards, gimble saver from Killer RC, gimble clamp/lens cover, and that little CF piece that attaches to the underside of the landing gear (another gimble protector of sorts).

Any other suggestions?
2015-8-31
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out www.PhantomHelp.com/#P3 for some ideas.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

look on my profile, i got some videos and threads on all that
2015-8-31
Use props
Bunkx9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Thanks guys
2015-8-31
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Interesting list, I 'backed' into a tree at 15mph, craft fell 60ft through tree into field grass, cleaned it and flew several hours (props weren't even broke although battery is toast).

Edit, this was P3P
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-8-31 20:51
Interesting list, I 'backed' into a tree at 15mph, craft fell 60ft through tree into field grass, cl ...

i suppose falling thru the tree softens the blow Vs drop 30' from sky directly to the ground.
interesting tat the battery was toast, was it broken off from p3 or still attached?
2015-8-31
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Still attached, in clean shape, no dings or scratches.  Press power lights three bars, double tap, shows three then a single red.  Will not power craft either.
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-8-31 21:01
Still attached, in clean shape, no dings or scratches.  Press power lights three bars, double tap, s ...

if u do the press once and then once again and hold for 2 seconds WITHOUT the battery in p3, what do the lights show?
BTW. use the reply button on threads as it sends a reminder to the OP otherwise it could go unanswered since the OP may not see the thread again
2015-8-31
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-31 21:15
if u do the press once and then once again and hold for 2 seconds WITHOUT the battery in p3, what d ...

Thank you for the feedback on ensuring notification made, I have simply been entering text into the box at bottom of screen.  I made a quick video tonight to show how this battery is functioning as figure easier than describing.

Starters, I am colorblind, I think it's not a single red after showing charge, but single green (previously stated showing red)?

There are several other batteries to show proper function, followed by attempt to start craft (fail) then oddly a single start of craft inserting while battery on after being on charge (only had this work once and you can see on tablet that battery shows 16 charges, 100% life).  Lastly, there is a segment showing the battery on a charger next to a normally functioning battery.

Link to video on youtube: http://youtu.be/EeJR-RtQoRg
Yes the video is little long but I wanted all details available as it is late on the east coast of USA and conference calls start early.  

Link for showing screen slightly clearer (only few seconds to show screen when the battery had powered-on)
http://youtu.be/KO3C7XK3_HM

Both will be 1080P once youtube finishes it's 'processing'.

Any advice is appreciated.  
GT
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-9-1 11:12
Thank you for the feedback on ensuring notification made, I have simply been entering text into th ...

try pressing the button once and hold it for 10 to 20 seconds and see what lights come on
2015-8-31
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-8-31 23:57
try pressing the button once and hold it for 10 to 20 seconds and see what lights come on

4 Solid Green Lights when held for 20 sec (on at 5 sec and consistent)

youtube: http://youtu.be/F9fz9Utk2is

Seriously have to sign-off but not having a solution is killing me.  Spent 20 minutes trying to recreate the one time it worked with screen record on this time, but no luck.
2015-8-31
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

GeneralToner Posted at 2015-9-1 12:14
4 Solid Green Lights when held for 20 sec (on at 5 sec and consistent)

youtube: http://youtu.be/F9 ...

that means battery life is 100%,. i let u go sleep, lets see if someone will chime in here and say more than send it back to dji.
2015-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules