Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Oh Where Oh Where Has My GPS Gone?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marty
lvl.1
United States

My saga continues.... for those of you keeping score at home, I'm on P3P #2 after an exchange with a problem-plagued first unit. Nevermind my first bird arrived a couple of months ago and to this day, I haven't even installed rotors yet. I guess these things take time, and I have to admit that the thing looks mighty sexy sitting on a shelf in my studio... but I digress.

I am running Android with a Nexus 7 II with the latest firmware and software. I'm getting very profficient at compass calibrating and chilled IMU set up. My problem is that I have no GPS.

After toiling for a couple of weeks, and some sound advice on these boards.... I decided to bite the bullet, forego yet another exchange or God-forbid, a warranty return to the factory... and I picked up a GPS module.

It arrived yesterday, and I plugged it in... and? Still no GPS. Although, the issue has taken on a new dimension. Now I am getting an occasional warning prompt at the "Flight Mode" indicator saying "strong interference". Which by the way, is very unlikely. I'm on 5 acres with plenty of space from metallic things and power sources and the like. Also, my P2 locked onto GPS without fail.

I'm about ready to glue some balsawood wings on this thing and just toss it around the field.

I've done my best to do things by the book, but obviously I am missing something, or need some troubleshooting insight from someone.

Anyone have an idea of what I should try?

2015-8-31
Use props
Bunkx9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Turn it on, full up on left stick to 50ft. and hover/prepare to switch to ATTI  if no signal is acquired in the hover. (Like you, mine say on my table for 3 weeks until I finally flee it yesterday)
2015-8-31
Use props
marty
lvl.1
United States

Bunkx9@yahoo.co Posted at 2015-8-31 18:52
Turn it on, full up on left stick to 50ft. and hover/prepare to switch to ATTI  if no signal is acqu ...

Now that you mention ATTI, after replacing the GPS module and the compass, and a compass calibration... I fire things up, and still no GPS, but instead of confirming only P-Opti, I now have ATTI.

Can anyone make sense of this?

Bunkx9, I may give your idea a shot.... I sure don't have anything else to try. If nothing else, it would be nice to have the darn thing leave the ground once in its life.
2015-8-31
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.4

Go for a drive a few miles and see if you're living on an old Uranium mine?

Seems odd though, I quite often get GPS lock in the house at home, the GPS on the P3 seems to be quite sensitive...  (Not that I'd trust it inside, multipath etc.. )

You're not in northern Alaska are you?
2015-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules