Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Corrupt Video Files
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThunderGuts
lvl.1

Australia

Does anyone have issues with what appear to be corrupt video files from phantom 3 pro.

For clarity, I can view the video file just fine with the DJI Go app but for some reason when I download the file from the sd card it starts to play then will freeze on a particular frame while the video continues to play. Same result regardless of the player I use (eg windows media play/vlc or imovie for mac).

Does not happen all of the time and have had one instance where a 4k video has split (due to file size limitations on FAT32) and while the first part appears corrupt, the second plays just fine. Issue has occurred with both 4k and 1080 video.

Any assistance on fixing the issue or saving the files would be greatly appreciated.
2015-9-1
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this using the SD card that came with it or a different one?

Also, when plugging the SD into a PC, does the video play OK directly from the SD instead of copying it to the PC first?
2015-9-1
Use props
ThunderGuts
lvl.1

Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-2 14:55
Is this using the SD card that came with it or a different one?

Also, when plugging the SD into a P ...

I am using a different card to the one that came with the phantom.

Need to double check if the file plays direct from the card - will do this tonight.

I have tried to download multiple times though (on two different computers) with the same result.
2015-9-1
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ThunderGuts Posted at 2015-9-2 08:34
I am using a different card to the one that came with the phantom.

Need to double check if the fi ...

Give it a go later when you can.. Also give the original card a go..
2015-9-2
Use props
ThunderGuts
lvl.1

Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-2 16:06
Give it a go later when you can.. Also give the original card a go..

Unfortunately playing the video off the card gives exactly the same result.

Going to try the original sd card over the next few days and see if I have the same issue.
2015-9-8
Use props
levreault
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489111 ft
United States

I have the exact same problem. About 1 in 4 files don't work. I initially noticed it on the second file in a long recording session. The first 2 seconds would play then it would freeze, but the bar would continue to progress. Its frustrating because that second video is usually my good footage. It happens on first video also, or if I do a series of stop and go recordings while flying. It has happened with the original micro sd card and aftermarket Microcenter 64GB card. The file is corrupt whether I play directly from the card or DL to my computer. Loaded into Final Cut Pro, the first few seconds play, then it goes black.
2015-9-9
Use props
levreault
lvl.2
United States

levreault Posted at 2015-9-9 14:21
I have the exact same problem. About 1 in 4 files don't work. I initially noticed it on the second f ...

I found a fix. I'm on a Mac and have successfully salvaged 3 files using the technique and program in the link below. After the fix, I'm able to play the files in VLC, but don't think that I can edit it in final cut pro. The end result is a *.h264 file

http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/
2015-9-9
Use props
ThunderGuts
lvl.1

Australia

levreault Posted at 2015-9-10 14:46
I found a fix. I'm on a Mac and have successfully salvaged 3 files using the technique and program ...

Thanks for the feedback - exactly the issue I have had.

I have gone back to using the original sd card and have changed from .mp4 to .mov and have 100% success so far.

Will see if I can recover using the method you have suggested but I am wondering if it might be something to do with recording in .mp4. What file format are you using?
2015-9-13
Use props
levreault
lvl.2
United States

ThunderGuts Posted at 2015-9-13 08:20
Thanks for the feedback - exactly the issue I have had.

I have gone back to using the original sd ...

I had originally been using .mov and was having the problem. Switched to .mp4 and continued to have the issue. Its annoying because I can salvage the file, and view it in VLC, but can't do anything else with it. Can't edit it in Final Cut Pro, etc. So its still essentially useless for me.

I've tried the technique of putting the memory card back into the P3P, turning it on for a minute to let the drone recover the corrupt file. Of the many times that I've tried, I think that worked once.
2015-9-27
Use props
novoweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 444774 ft
Canada

levreault Posted at 2015-9-27 14:32
I had originally been using .mov and was having the problem. Switched to .mp4 and continued to hav ...

You can convert .h264 to .mp4 on a Mac or Windows.

http://www.winxdvd.com/resource/convert-h264-to-mp4.htm
2015-9-27
Use props
jack1144
lvl.3

Canada

I use a patcher to rewrite the video files in the proper order. Some files are written with the data at the start of the file and the info at the end which screws up the players. data=video info= file size , size,duration, location,etc.
The patcher fix's them I use AoA but there are others.
Worked for me on the P3 and other video cameras.
2015-9-27
Use props
7inaki7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164009 ft
United States

I am having the same problem with a video I shot for a client. Did you ever figure how to fix the video or view it? Thanks.
2015-10-12
Use props
markoltedale
New
Flight distance : 6385 ft
United States

I'm having the same exact problem as indicated in this thread.  I have a fast card, reformatted it and shot a 2 min video. The first one is fine. I let file one save fully before file two; file two has the corruption again.  Still images have been just fine. Just vid problems all of a sudden.
2019-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules