lvl.2

France

Cool animation!!!
2015-9-2
Use props
H.madsen1981
lvl.1

Denmark

Nice animation. However one thing does annoy me with the RTH function.

It automatically lands if it is within 20 meters from home point. Why on earth cant you change that as a pilot? Sometimes 20 meters can mean a nasty landing spot, of course depending on where you fly from but i cant be that hard to let the user get the choice to define on their own?
2015-9-2
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Very cleaver
2015-9-2
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

That was fun.  Sure hope that gets thru to all the newbies's. On second thought maybe you could make it a little more simple. You should do the whole manual, then we would not have any more problems. I definitely enjoyed watching this. A lot of effort went into this and it shows. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you?
2015-9-2
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

Very nice.  Fun to watch.
2015-9-2
Use props
lancegriggs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 448327 ft
United States

Very cool!
2015-9-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

H.madsen1981 Posted at 2015-9-2 20:00

It automatically lands if i ...

One thing to remember is you CAN stop it from landing when it start to descend...even if your battery is critically low.

Directly from the manual:
When Critical battery level warning is triggered and the aircraft begins to land automatically, you may push the throttle upward to make the aircraft hover at its current altitude, giving you an opportunity to navigate to a more appropriate landing location.
2015-9-3
Use props
sgeprods
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57841 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Brilliant.
2015-9-4
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

H.madsen1981 Posted at 2015-9-2 14:00

You can fight the autolanding and the go and grab it in the air. Done that several times.
2015-9-4
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

That's a great presentation.
2015-9-4
Use props
usman.ahmad72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43720 ft
United States

Bravo, great artwork.
2015-9-5
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

H.madsen1981 Posted at 2015-9-2 20:00

Usually by the time its 20 meters away the person flying it has enougth common sense to flip the switch and take over control and land it themselves. RTH is only needed if you cant see it and need to get it back and in the case of loss of signal.. Once its "close" you can take control back.
2015-9-5
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Wow that was great Tim! Very good work!
2015-9-5
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Very informative for all ages.
2015-9-6
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Hi Tim, very inspired you are. Please give us some more "behind the screen" info
  1) How many frames ?
  2) How many hours to make ?
  3) ...
2015-9-6
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

Very creative. That is some dedication to the community. Thank you for doing this.

One thing you could add to that is a warning about the building possibly being higher than the 80m height return flight path. If not considered when flight planning the P3/Inspire might just bump into the building when attempting to return home.
2015-9-6
Use props
gboivin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice! Lookout Disney!
2015-9-6
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

So creative.
2015-9-6
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Nice video though from the title I would have expected tips what I should do after RC connection is lost (like checking if only video or also remote signal is lost) not what the drone does itself.
2015-9-6
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

..........Also usually the signal comes back on as you approach home...you can change the location by sticks as appropriate.. you have stick control all the way. .....also you can flick the ATT and pilot switch and return it back to pilot ....and the RTH is cancelled ( you can continue flying either autopilot (gps) or ATT (manual)
2015-9-6
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

The dangerous situation is when you dont see the plane AND dont know if RTH did work.

Actually you can press RTH at RC even without a plane connected and it will still start blinking. So this means nothing.

You might get nervous when the plane does not appear in some time and try to use the sticks. But now there is the problem: you dont know if RTH worked and in which direction the plane is heading. If you move the stick back while RTH already turned the plane you will make it hoovering or even moving it away from you again.
The right decision is of course waiting for the plane - but minutes can get an eternity.

2015-9-6
Use props
info
lvl.4

United States

From post above...

"The dangerous situation is when you don't see the plane"

End of story.
2015-9-6
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 34753871 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Fantastic work! You're a genius!
2015-9-6
Use props
adrianshawuk
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Nice effort. Well done
2015-9-7
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

very well done!
2015-9-7
Use props
Barney Rubbel
lvl.4
United States

Hi DJI-Tim. Very nice video. I agree with the 20m concern. But I don't have a P3, and think you should probably post this on the P3 page so as to not confuse new P2 owners?

Thanks.

Barney
2015-9-7
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great presentation Tim. Actually answered a couple of my thoughts.
2015-9-7
Use props
PerlanSwed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1086257 ft
Sweden

Well done!
2015-9-7
Use props
andreas_kreuz
lvl.2

Germany

It´s not only pretty
It´s art

2015-9-7
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

That's one of the most creative and well done shorts/instructional videos I've ever seen. Extremely well done. If you don't do that kind of stuff for a living and big bucks... you should be. Thanks.
2015-9-7
Use props
Cash3p
lvl.1

United States

Kilted Flyer (D Posted at 2015-9-5 22:08
Usually by the time its 20 meters away the person flying it has enougth common sense to flip the s ...

Not if the RC has lost the signal and it won't reconnect.  Had this happen the other day.  Lost RC signal (drone was only 950 ft away,  with no obstacles).  I could not get the RC to re-connect and it did not return to home as it was set to do.  It hovered in place.  I had to reboot Android device (a good 3 minutes), still nothing.  I shut off RC and turned in back on.  It finally reconnected and oddly enough began returning to home at that point.  Try as I might, I could not  take control of the aircraft.  Thankfully I was in an open field and not close to any trees or houses.  It landed about 50 feet from it's home point.  That could have been a nightmare if I had been a little closer the the tree line.
2015-9-7
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

H.madsen1981 Posted at 2015-9-2 14:00

this is what killed my phantom 2
2015-9-8
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Awesome video. Very cool. Bet it took a long to complete . We need more of this from our members
Or from the people who visit this site. Thanks for posting this.
2015-9-8
Use props
youngbill
lvl.1

United States

Great animation but the time it took to make that could have been better spent on a manual explaining all the new features
2015-9-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

youngbill@gmail Posted at 2015-9-8 13:29
Great animation but the time it took to make that could have been better spent on a manual explainin ...

Tim does not write the manuals. Is there a question I can help you with?
2015-9-8
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

H.madsen1981 Posted at 2015-9-2 22:00

Back in my P2 days, many users panicked when their quad shot up into the sky without warning. The P2s instructions was to ascend 20m and RTH if failsafe/loss of control signal/low battery was triggered. Users were unaware of this and thought it was a fly-away, when in actual fact it was going up and moving to home position and landing..
How many times have you heard users trying to drain the battery by leaving it on idle with the props on and then suddenly the phantom shoots right up into the ceiling??? Now the with the P3, DJI assumes that if RTH is triggered within 20m (66ft), there is no need for it to shoot up and move to RTH and land. You should be able to fly it back and land.
2015-9-8
Use props
RevoMikey
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i cant see anything?
2015-9-9
Use props
blurfonz
lvl.2

Singapore

hahaha very nice !
2015-9-9
Use props
Ikary2008
lvl.1

Venezuela

During DJI tutoring for waypoints, is seen as the standard loses connection with the rc, you can assume that there are still some errors in automatic flight.

I have not dared to fly the new flight mode smart yet

2015-9-10
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules