Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HDR Mode VS AEB Mode
9274 8 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilfau06
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282799 ft
United Kingdom

Does anyone know how the HDR mode works & how it compares to the AEB Mode. I assume HDR mode does a 3 bracketed shot & merges them into one image in camera where AEB gives you 3/5 images to blend manually using Lightroom etc?
2015-9-2
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you though it is

You can still edit the HDR in LR too though..
2015-9-2
Use props
neilfau06
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yeah I've been shooting a lot in HDR mode & it gives you a lot of dynamic range in Lightroom to play with. Going to start using AEB in future but I was wondering if there's noticble differences between the two modes, I guess using 5 shot AEB there will be.
2015-9-2
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neilfau06 Posted at 2015-9-2 11:14
Yeah I've been shooting a lot in HDR mode & it gives you a lot of dynamic range in Lightroom to play ...

Its all about the range you have to play with..
2015-9-2
Use props
neilfau06
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok sounds likes I need to have a play around & compare the differences. Thanks for your help!
2015-9-2
Use props
sdharris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not sure if it has changes in recent firmware but I found the HDR images to produce some very bad results if areas of brightness is surrounded by dark areas e.g. sun coming through clouds. In AEB and post the final HDR or if you prefer straightup merging of the exposures work perfectly, in HDR I always got squares around the shaft of light obscuring the cloud. So worth trying that that sort of scenario at sunrise or sunset.

I personally never use HDR though as won't risk it ruining a good image.
2015-9-2
Use props
jeff
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4039862 ft
United States

I haven't updated my IOS on my iPad Mini 3 to IOS 9 yet. Still holding off on that.

I've been told that the way you select the AEB to 3 or 5 frames has changed. Before you held the Shutter button on screen down until you got a flight menu to choose Single, 3 or 5 frame AEB
How is it done now in v2.3? anyone have screenshots or a link to a detailed Manual for v2.3?
I tried looking on DJI's site but no manuals visible.
2015-10-9
Use props
BigAl07
Flight distance : 6127769 ft
  • >>>
United States

jeff@jeffellisp Posted at 2015-10-9 12:15
I haven't updated my IOS on my iPad Mini 3 to IOS 9 yet. Still holding off on that.

I've been told  ...

I was just looking for the same thing and found the answer (I've not tried it yet) on another forum....  worth a try:

"What you have to do is click on the wee camera settings button above the camera/video selection slider and you'll see all the options in there."
2015-10-9
Use props
Eisteed
New

France

I'm just posting this because an example is always nice to see :Same manual exposure / iso for this 2 pictures.

HDR from Dji

AEB (5 photo) + HDR Merge Pro (Photoshop)

AEB > HDR

2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules