4883 18 2023-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

How many of you are using only DJI chargers to recharge batteries and the RC, verses using any other brand like Ankar, etc.  Thoughts?  I know Apple chargers work on DJI products.  

2023-9-13
Use props
djkiter78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4241526 ft
Philippines

I got an Amazon Basics 100W Four-Port GaN wall charger for my Air 3 and it's been working well so far. I'm sure the Anker ones will work just fine. Just make sure it's at least 65W and use the USB-C cable that came with the Air 3 or any decent cable that's rated to handle power delivery.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We do recommend using the DJI Charger to ensure a smooth charging experience when using your DJI product. The DJI Air 3 also supports third-party chargers. Please refer below.

1. When charging the battery with the battery mounted on the DJI Air 3 aircraft, if using a third-party charger, it is recommended to use a 65W fast charger that supports PD3.0 protocol.
2. When charging the battery using the DJI Air 3 battery charging hub, if using a third-party charger, it is recommended to use a 100W fast charger that supports PD3.0/PPS protocol.
3. If you are using a car charger, make ensure that the charger meets the corresponding protocol requirements.

Should you have any technical inquiries or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2023-9-13
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

It's easy as there's no charger included many of us will be using other compatible chargers. I have Anker single port GaN 65 W wall power supply at the moment and it works as expected (slower then 100 W but small and lightweight).
2023-9-13
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank for the replies.  I wanted to know if i could use another charger in a jam and needing to charge.  I have always bought dji chargers in the past.  
2023-9-14
Use props
msmoker37a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576913 ft
United States

I can't believe I spent $1500 on a drone that didn't come with a charger.  Maybe Im the idiot. You can't charge the charging hub with a phone charger. It does nothing.
2023-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

msmoker37a Posted at 9-14 07:56
I can't believe I spent $1500 on a drone that didn't come with a charger.  Maybe Im the idiot. You can't charge the charging hub with a phone charger. It does nothing.

How much did you spend on your phone without a charger? This is becoming standard in many industries.
2023-9-14
Use props
msmoker37a
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-14 08:10
How much did you spend on your phone without a charger? This is becoming standard in many industries.

my samsung phones always come with a charger. My DJI mini 2 even came with a phone charger lol
2023-9-14
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

msmoker37a Posted at 9-14 08:32
my samsung phones always come with a charger. My DJI mini 2 even came with a phone charger lol

Haven't bought a phone in a while have you? Galaxys no longer have chargers, nor do IPhones.
2023-9-14
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

These days, you don't need a dedicated charger for every device you buy. You can have one charger that charges them all. I think this is a kind of progress and not a disadvantage.
2023-9-14
Use props
msmoker37a
lvl.2
United States

SeehawerB Posted at 9-14 09:18
These days, you don't need a dedicated charger for every device you buy. You can have one charger that charges them all. I think this is a kind of progress and not a disadvantage.

Having to spend $100 on a charger that is extremely specific (a high powered USB C charger) is not progress. the drone should have came with a charger.
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

Why would you need dji brand to charge dji drone? As long as it's usb c type and 65w or higher. It will do fine. Brand name means nothing. It's the plug in which is usb c type and the power/current which is 65w or high that matter.
2023-9-14
Use props
djiuser_zKR5HFX3a2EC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 474537 ft
United States

msmoker37a Posted at 9-14 07:56
I can't believe I spent $1500 on a drone that didn't come with a charger.  Maybe Im the idiot. You can't charge the charging hub with a phone charger. It does nothing.
Phone charger is too weak. You need minimum 65w direct charging drone. Charging hub used at least 100w charger. So yeah your weak azz phone charge will not do.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

msmoker37a Posted at 9-14 09:22
Having to spend $100 on a charger that is extremely specific (a high powered USB C charger) is not progress. the drone should have came with a charger.

Hi there! I completely understand your concern. The Air 3 uses the common USB-C interface for charging. You can directly use chargers with this type of interface, such as those for Android phones, Macs, etc., to charge the Air 3. Please rest assured that it will not cause any damage to your battery.

At the same time, we have also considered that adding a charger to the combo would increase the price. In order to provide you with more flexibility in your choice, the charger is not included in the package.
2023-9-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

HermosaDrones Posted at 9-14 07:52
Thank for the replies.  I wanted to know if i could use another charger in a jam and needing to charge.  I have always bought dji chargers in the past.

Yes You could use another charger but make sure the charger is strong enough - 30W for RC2, 65W for battery in drone charging and 100W for the hub...
Advantage of DJI 100W charger is that it can supply 82W in both ports at the same time, so You can fast charge 2 items simultaneously. But there are other multi-port high power chargers as well.
2023-9-14
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

65W Laptop chargers with USB-C are great, as they are also balanced in order not to vary Voltage.
So take one, is PD3 compliant and will get your battery charged very fast.
2023-9-19
Use props
WiscoPaddler
lvl.4
United States

I purchased this and have charged the drone directly and the battery bank without any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2023-9-19
Use props
Master Instructor
lvl.1

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 2023-9-14 08:10
How much did you spend on your phone without a charger? This is becoming standard in many industries.

Just because end product users accept this idiotic practice and believe it to be normal, then it will continue. If enough people believe this norm is unacceptable, the manufacturer will have to resort to its customer satisfaction requirements. You can either be complacent, or take a stand. You appear to accept the mediocre acceptance of complacency. Sorry for that.
1-2 01:46
Use props
djiuser_MANznuQgnC1r
New

New Zealand

Master Instructor Posted at 1-2 01:46
Just because end product users accept this idiotic practice and believe it to be normal, then it will continue. If enough people believe this norm is unacceptable, the manufacturer will have to resort to its customer satisfaction requirements. You can either be complacent, or take a stand. You appear to accept the mediocre acceptance of complacency. Sorry for that.

Hi, I'm 77 and bought my first 'mobile' phone in the mid 80's.  I am on my 10th (at least) mobile and have numerous old chargers with many different types of plugs and voltages.  My current Iphone 14 has a type C charge socket and iPhone stress you should only use their chargers which also need to be purchased separately.  As an electronic engineer (medical)  I was pleased to see a standard power and data adapter (USB) arrive on the market a decade or so back.  I have just bought the new DJI Air 3 Combo and was delighted to see they have stuck with a standard charger coupling, rather than some weird proprietary charger like Microsoft and others do, so you are forced to buy their products.   
I always ask what comes with products, so I know exactly what I'm going to get, or not get.
  CONGRATULATIONS DJI in keeping the price low and also keeping it simple by giving customers options.
4-7 23:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules