Humber Bridge, Hull - September 2023
865 24 2023-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albion Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 2956509 ft
United Kingdom

And finally after a busy week a chance to edit the rest of the footage from last weekend's Hull trip, this is the rest of the Humber bridge footage, just leaving some footage of a 'bando' to do yet...
Footage from both AIR3 and MINI3 Pro, can you tell which is which?

2023-9-15
Use props
Up2Sky FPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 46923 ft
Russia

Beautiful bridge! Nice video
2023-9-15
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Up2Sky FPV Posted at 9-15 22:37
Beautiful bridge! Nice video

Thanks, appreciate the comment, clear skies
2023-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Im assuming the Air 3 is the footage with the higher saturation.  
2023-9-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6362333 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb. Were you on the south bank of the river?  I can't really tell which shots are from which drone, but I'd guess the close-up zoom was the new one?
2023-9-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-16 02:13
Superb. Were you on the south bank of the river?  I can't really tell which shots are from which drone, but I'd guess the close-up zoom was the new one?

Yes, on the south side of the Humber...

The MINI 3 was the flight between the pillars and the sideways along the bridge,  and the final pan and backwards flight away from the bridge, the rest of it was the AIR3 IIRC...

Quality is great on both, but I think the AIR3 has it, going to try the DLog M next flight...
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nicely composed and I enjoyed watching.    I'd guess the majority of the footage was with the Air 3 but I'm thinking the Mini 3 Pro did the close up work near the bridge pillars.  Of course I could well be wrong.  
2023-9-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-16 03:36
Very nicely composed and I enjoyed watching.    I'd guess the majority of the footage was with the Air 3 but I'm thinking the Mini 3 Pro did the close up work near the bridge pillars.  Of course I could well be wrong.

Thanks, appreciate the comment... The MINI3 did the fly through the pillars, but the AIR 3 did the first fly under the bridge and past the pillars...
2023-9-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 9-16 03:28
Yes, on the south side of the Humber...

The MINI 3 was the flight between the pillars and the sideways along the bridge,  and the final pan and backwards flight away from the bridge, the rest of it was the AIR3 IIRC...

That should prove interesting.  Have you got the LUTs for editing in post?
2023-9-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 9-16 04:28
That should prove interesting.  Have you got the LUTs for editing in post?

There are some already in DaVinci Resolve, and some more that I know I can download from DJI, not sure if I should chance it yet tho, if the weather stays ok I am off to fly a funfair and fireworks display tonight, so dont want to risk the footage being bad as the media company who are promoting the fiar have given me flight permission after seeing last years footage...
2023-9-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Albion Drones Posted at 9-16 06:30
There are some already in DaVinci Resolve, and some more that I know I can download from DJI, not sure if I should chance it yet tho, if the weather stays ok I am off to fly a funfair and fireworks display tonight, so dont want to risk the footage being bad as the media company who are promoting the fiar have given me flight permission after seeing last years footage...

I'd say, stick to what you know works, for that shoot.
Plenty of time to try DLOG on something less critical.
We managed to catch the Coast-to-Coast steam train passing through early this morning.
I've just edited the footage and YT is chewing on it at the moment.
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 9-16 03:37
Thanks, appreciate the comment... The MINI3 did the fly through the pillars, but the AIR 3 did the first fly under the bridge and past the pillars...

You're very welcome.  Good to know which drone did which flying.  Seems like you are getting very comfortable with the Air 3.  I'm still adjusting to the extra speed in ascending and descending.  Much faster than either my Mini 3 Pro or Air 2S.  My Mini 3 Pro with the extended battery still gets a couple of extra minutes flying time over the Air 3 but not much.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.
2023-9-16
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-16 08:15
You're very welcome.  Good to know which drone did which flying.  Seems like you are getting very comfortable with the Air 3.  I'm still adjusting to the extra speed in ascending and descending.  Much faster than either my Mini 3 Pro or Air 2S.  My Mini 3 Pro with the extended battery still gets a couple of extra minutes flying time over the Air 3 but not much.  

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Yes, only managed to use 3 batteries with the AIR3 so far, but thoroughly enjoying it...

Weekend has been good so far, hope yours is also good
2023-9-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 9-16 08:25
Yes, only managed to use 3 batteries with the AIR3 so far, but thoroughly enjoying it...

Weekend has been good so far, hope yours is also good

Thanks for the well wishes.  

Weekend going well so far.  Going diving later today and then having a family barbecue tomorrow (weather permitting of course).  Weather guessers are saying cloudy with 30% chance of rain so guess we'll just have to give it a go and hope for the best.  
2023-9-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2680390 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice and smooth!
2023-11-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 11-11 11:37
Very nice and smooth!

Thanks, appreciated
2023-11-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2680390 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2023-11-11
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 6870043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Capture on this bridge.
2023-11-11
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-11 18:50
Great Capture on this bridge.

Thnk you... First time properly using the AIR3 - second flight - and some MINI3 Pro in there too
2023-11-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 11-12 00:08
Thnk you... First time properly using the AIR3 - second flight - and some MINI3 Pro in there too

They look like they fly great. Waiting for a resaon to upgrade.
2023-11-12
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-12 06:01
They look like they fly great. Waiting for a resaon to upgrade.

Flying it is amazing... Hope you find a reason soon enough - mine was to handle the winds in Skye and Lewis and Harris - which were strangely low while we were ther, but for longer flights the AIR3 was amazing
2023-11-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 11-12 08:42
Flying it is amazing... Hope you find a reason soon enough - mine was to handle the winds in Skye and Lewis and Harris - which were strangely low while we were ther, but for longer flights the AIR3 was amazing

I figured I would see what the next Air 3S had to offer. Waiting to see. I am hoping for a larger sensor.
2023-11-12
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-12 15:03
I figured I would see what the next Air 3S had to offer. Waiting to see. I am hoping for a larger sensor.

Yes, I can understand that, it was a compromise choice for me, I really wanted a MAVIC 3 Pro, but the price tag is just too much for me - instead I got an Air3 and an AVATA, both of which suit my needs... The AIR3 does have great quality images, and is great for video, but that 1" sensor would have been a real bonus...
2023-11-12
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Albion Drones Posted at 11-12 21:40
Yes, I can understand that, it was a compromise choice for me, I really wanted a MAVIC 3 Pro, but the price tag is just too much for me - instead I got an Air3 and an AVATA, both of which suit my needs... The AIR3 does have great quality images, and is great for video, but that 1" sensor would have been a real bonus...

It has been very frustrating what is going on. I need a M3 Pro and a Mavic 3 E for work but neither one does everything I want so it forces you to buy 2. So my choice is to wait and buy none. The pro doesn't offer RTK, and the E doesn't do cinematic shots well, and they are both not in my range right now. I would love to have an Avata too, but I don't want to wear goggles to fly. It seems like every drone has a caveat.
2023-11-13
Use props
Albion Drones
First Officer
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-13 04:54
It has been very frustrating what is going on. I need a M3 Pro and a Mavic 3 E for work but neither one does everything I want so it forces you to buy 2. So my choice is to wait and buy none. The pro doesn't offer RTK, and the E doesn't do cinematic shots well, and they are both not in my range right now. I would love to have an Avata too, but I don't want to wear goggles to fly. It seems like every drone has a caveat.

Yup, almost as if the mf want to make us buy more than one ;)

TBH the AVATA is fun, I dont mind wearing the goggles, hoping to get some interesting footage with it next year... My other 2 are cinematic and give great results, so I am ok with them atm...
2023-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules