Why only 3-4X zoom?
566 16 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capippalist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26010 ft
Canada

I was waiting for this one to see if there was an improvement to digital zoom and provide us with better zoom capabilities, it's pretty much my #2 requirement after flight time, but it's still only 3-4X. I am in Canada so no way i am bothering with the regulatory pain in the a** and neutering rules of a >250g drone however much i would want a Mavic 3 Pro, so i was truly hoping that we would get a microdrone with longer-ranged zoom. I know that without a real telephoto lens it's going to be very limited, but i seriously don't understand why it can't go higher than 3X in 4K or 4X in 1080P.  I know resolution is not going to be good beyond 4X, but this is for observation, not Instagram shots. Why is it so limited? This is pretty much the only reason why i'll not be buying one.
2023-9-25
Use props
Bob White8
New
  • >>>
United States

Just do your digital zoom in post.  Too bad it doesn't have any analog zoom.
2023-9-25
Use props
Capippalist
lvl.2
Canada

Bob White8 Posted at 9-25 19:51
Just do your digital zoom in post.  Too bad it doesn't have any analog zoom.

Well that's a clear sign of different use cases because i'm not filming videos, i am in the field looking at things far away in live feed, there is no post.
2023-9-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Get the air 3 with the telli lens
2023-9-25
Use props
Capippalist
lvl.2
Canada

Potato mini Posted at 9-25 20:20
Get the air 3 with the telli lens

"I am in Canada so no way i am bothering with the regulatory pain in the a** and neutering rules of a >250g drone"
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone-safety/learn-rules-you-fly-your-drone/find-your-category-drone-operation
Not worth it, with a <250g microdrone i can do practically whatever i want within common sense, with >250g drones you get into the red tape and restrictive rules that severely limit you, so even if i would love an Air 3 it's just not worth the hassle, i'd buy one tomorrow if it wasn't hobbled by those regulations.
2023-9-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Capippalist Posted at 9-25 20:52
"I am in Canada so no way i am bothering with the regulatory pain in the a** and neutering rules of a >250g drone"
https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone-safety/learn-rules-you-fly-your-drone/find-your-category-drone-operation
Not worth it, with a 250g drones you get into the red tape and restrictive rules that severely limit you, so even if i would love an Air 3 it's just not worth the hassle, i'd buy one tomorrow if it wasn't hobbled by those regulations.

That's got to be annoying . why not just fly lower? talk to support and see what they say.
2023-9-26
Use props
Capippalist
lvl.2
Canada

Potato mini Posted at 9-26 09:04
That's got to be annoying . why not just fly lower? talk to support and see what they say.

I don't get what you mean by "fly lower", i'm observing things that are far away in horizontal range, the higher i can fly the better
2023-9-26
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Capippalist Posted at 9-26 18:13
I don't get what you mean by "fly lower", i'm observing things that are far away in horizontal range, the higher i can fly the better

I thought you meant Vertical . Guess i don't know except for maybe taking a photo then zooming in on the photo.
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We appreciate your feedback. This will be referred to the related team for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-26
Use props
Capippalist
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 9-26 22:08
We appreciate your feedback. This will be referred to the related team for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Thank you. You could make it a toggleable option in the settings (like allowing the gimbal to go rotate above 0 degrees) so users who need more zoom can enable it without inconveniencing video production users.
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

A real optical Tele Zoom will be in Mini 5 Pro

Then I am maybe ready for an upgrade ...

2023-9-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-27 11:32
A real optical Tele Zoom will be in Mini 5 Pro

Then I am maybe ready for an upgrade ...

probably, but there's rumors of the pocket 3 so they probably won't release the mini 5 pro for a year or two
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Potato mini Posted at 9-27 12:22
probably, but there's rumors of the pocket 3 so they probably won't release the mini 5 pro for a year or two

I was just joking ;-) is your Pocket 3 also a joke ?

2023-9-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-27 22:49
I was just joking ;-) is your Pocket 3 also a joke ?

LOL
No, the pocket 3 was real. DAflys said that was probably the next thing to be released. if you think about it, DJI released a mavic, a air, a mini, and a osmo in the last year or so. next they might release a Avata.(the Avata is just me)
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_9XPxXSMK9RLr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7230000 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was thinking the same thing when I took my Mini 4 out for the first time yesterday.

DJI could increase the digital zoom to 8x while keeping quality decent. I like to spot things from high up using the zoom and then fly lower to take photos / videos.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Capippalist Posted at 9-27 10:35
Thank you. You could make it a toggleable option in the settings (like allowing the gimbal to go rotate above 0 degrees) so users who need more zoom can enable it without inconveniencing video production users.

You are most welcome. I'll add this feedback to your request. We appreciate your valued support.
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_tpMifXWsYrAO
New
United States

2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules