Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inverted X3 and Gimbal
3888 13 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Uaviation
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1632106 ft
Australia

Is there a way to invert the video display on the DJI Go App?
I have an inverted gimbal and X3 mounted on top of a multirotor so the camera is upside down. This must be possible as the new DJI Gimbal stick mounts inverted. Has anyone seen this setting or know how to achieve this?

I am actually on the Matrice platform but thought some bright spark from the Inspire camp might know

Regards
2015-9-2
Use props
a.wolff
lvl.1
Australia

Did you get the gimbal to work in the upside down position?
I also mounted the x3 on the M100 upside down and as long as the kopter stand still I can control the gimbal with no problems. But as soon as the kopter moves the gimbal goes crazy.

I believe the firmware of the gimbal stick is adjusted to the upside down position and also turns around the video feed. So I hope the is a way to do the same to the M100/X3 setup.

Arnie
2015-10-21
Use props
Uaviation
lvl.3
Australia

a.wolff Posted at 2015-10-22 11:46
Did you get the gimbal to work in the upside down position?
I also mounted the x3 on the M100 upside ...

Hi a.wolff

No, it doesn't work. The gimbal appears to use the flight controller (N1) to provide predictive inputs that the gimbal responds to. So mounting the gimbal upside down will reverse the inputs causing the gimbal to function incorrectly. But only when the copter is airborne or moving around. While it is stationary, it will appear to be functioning correctly.

Display upside down Solution: Use an HDMI monitor ( Black Pearl 7" is a good one) plugged into the HDMI output from the RC Transmitter. Almost all  monitors can be inverted horizontally and vertically to achieve the correct viewing.

Top mounted camera solution: Forget the X3. Use an aftermarket gimbal and sports camera that has an independent IMU and processor. Then either stream through an N1 Video encoder, or use a separate transmitter. I use 5.8GHz for this.

Good luck. Sing out if you want some pics
2015-10-22
Use props
a.wolff
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Uaviation
Yes this is what I thought.
I looking at the new OSMO. The x3 is used upside down on this handheld gimbal. So I think it is a question of software changes to get the x3 to work properly upside down. If DJI can do it on with the OSMO, there should be a way to "patch" the N1 to tell it the x3 is installed upside down.
Will start a new post and see what DJI thinks about that.

Thank you for your respond
Arnie
2015-10-26
Use props
Uaviation
lvl.3
Australia

a.wolff Posted at 2015-10-27 14:22
Hi Uaviation
Yes this is what I thought.
I looking at the new OSMO. The x3 is used upside down on t ...

Good work a.wolff

Let me know how it turns out

NB
2015-11-1
Use props
Inspireamental
New

United States

Uaviation Posted at 2015-11-1 17:08
Good work a.wolff

Let me know how it turns out

If you connect the x3 from the inspire to the osmo and turn it on in the upright position (top mounted) it will go through its calibration mode but won't be of any use because DJI hasn't done an update for the inspire camera to work with the Osmo yet.  When you reconnect the camera to the inspire the image is inverted. The only way to get the image back to normal on the inspire is to mount it back on the Osmo and hold the Osmo down by your side ( as if the camera was mounted to the inspire) and turn it on, letting it go through its calibration process. I don't know if this helps, but I saw a thread  on here where a guy couldn't fix the upside down image on his inspire after connecting his x3 to his Osmo.
2015-11-18
Use props
pinpointmapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspireamental Posted at 2015-11-18 19:16
If you connect the x3 from the inspire to the osmo and turn it on in the upright position (top mou ...

You can have my x3 camera if you want one that is reversed/upside down.  I made the mistake of hooking my Inspire 1 X3 camera up to my OSMO handheld, and it seems to have caused my image to flip/invert the image now when it is connected to the Inspire1, and I can't get it to go back....
I've made a report to Support, but have not heard anything back in the last 4 days.
2015-11-19
Use props
pinpointmapping
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

Inspireamental Posted at 2015-11-18 19:16
If you connect the x3 from the inspire to the osmo and turn it on in the upright position (top mou ...

You can have my x3 camera if you want one that is reversed/upside down.  I made the mistake of hooking my Inspire 1 X3 camera up to my OSMO handheld, and it seems to have caused my image to flip/invert the image now when it is connected to the Inspire1, and I can't get it to go back....
I've made a report to Support, but have not heard anything back in the last 4 days.
2015-11-19
Use props
tedven24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 203133 ft
United States

Inspireamental Posted at 2015-11-19 00:16

Thanks so much for suggesting this.  I have an inop Osmo with its own camera so I tried to use my Inspire X3 with no luck.  So when I reattached my X3 to my Inspire, guess what...an inverted image.  Thanks to your suggestion, I reattached the X3 to my Osmo and held it inverted before powering on.  Reattached to my Inspire and the Go app image is now upright.  Thanks so much.
Ted
2015-11-27
Use props
Skywolf007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Any news with the X3 and M100?  Anyone tried this? It works well with the osmo..
2016-6-8
Use props
stu2surf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118409 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone got this to work yet? I'm interested in using it on the Matrice 100 too.
2016-8-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

stu2surf@me.com Posted at 2016-8-11 18:46
Has anyone got this to work yet? I'm interested in using it on the Matrice 100 too.

The OSMO is the only gimbal mount that can use the X3 in an upright postition. All the other DJI gimbal mounts are meant to have the unit hang downwards.
2016-8-11
Use props
stu2surf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118409 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-11 17:02
The OSMO is the only gimbal mount that can use the X3 in an upright postition. All the other DJI g ...

I get that that is the original intention...but I want to use it the other way...there must be a way of this being done (I presume that DJI will have to do this and release it as firmware) hopefully!!!

2016-8-11
Use props
HummingbirdSR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4413 ft

Canada

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with this. Would like to mount the X3 on top of the Matrice 100. I understand this hasn't worked in the past, obviously. Just checking if anyone has had any breakthroughs or if DJI has released updated firmware to allow for this to work.

Thanks in advance.
2017-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules