lvl.2

United States

Everywhere I read says no "Follow Me" for the inspire
2015-9-3
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I like the Icons they made for the different modes ...
2015-9-3
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2419163 ft
Germany

They will be available for i1.
https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal/posts/723421077763768
2015-9-3
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

We will also need a new version of the GO app I suppose. Or is this just for 3d parties apps. Then we will have to use multiple apps to operate our Inspire.
2015-9-3
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Germany

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-3 13:07
We will also need a new version of the GO app I suppose. Or is this just for 3d parties apps. Then w ...

Of course we'll need to update DJI GO
2015-9-3
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Prop-Lock Girl Posted at 2015-9-3 19:11
Of course we'll need to update DJI GO

I know - but no GO app update is announced.
2015-9-3
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Germany

You're right, sorry.
2015-9-3
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Let us just hope for a update of the GO app.

(And you do not need to be sorry - we are here to discuss - and that is just fine.)
2015-9-3
Use props
Prop-Lock Girl
lvl.3
Germany

I was sorry for my unpolite "of course" ;-)
2015-9-3
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

http://www.cnet.com/news/dji-pha ... omous-flight-modes/

Sept.7th

Let's wait and hope
2015-9-3
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Yet another announcement from DJI - big on making repeated promises yet we are still waiting.
These are the flight modes that were demonstrated in the youtube vid that was quickly pulled a couple of weeks ago.

Be very circumspect in your expectations - what was demonstrated was very, very basic.
Don't expect to draw a line on a map and set a nav course, don't expect to select a map area and have the I1 automatically trigger the camera to capture images , etc etc.

You will be able to mark a series of flight positions as waypoints and play them back, mark a current flight position as a poi and set a radius - supposedly follow me based on controller position.
2015-9-3
Use props
GB44
lvl.4
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-9-3 12:58
Yet another announcement from DJI - big on making repeated promises yet we are still waiting.
These  ...

Farn,

I simply can't believe the audacity of DJI to try and fob us off with this watered down technology.  Absolutely useless.  Course Lock, We already have IOC, follow me well not sure when this would be used on commercial operations as the last thing you want is for you to be in the shot, Home Lock, similar to IOC at present, Point of Interest - this is the only thing of real value.

As how automated flights and waypoints that require you to fly the route first, just plain stupidity.

Very disappointed in DJI, as this is clearly  about promoting the DJI name and releasing new flight features that will try and sell more product.  What about its existing customers that have been waiting patiently for the Automated Flights and waypoints.  Feel like we have been conned from the very first promotional DJI release last year.

DJI know exactly what we have been waiting for and expecting to be delivered, but have failed to deliver.
2015-9-3
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

OK I'm going back in time. It took them over 2 months to fix mine. They did a good job though. Still to long to wait. I couldn't get it to load the new firmware. Was told by DJI rep that they loaded it for me when fixing it, or thought they did, in order to make sure everything worked right and the new firmware fixed some of the problems people where sending in their Inspires for. So, my question to you all is, how do you update your I1 with the new firmware coming out? Read the instructions? I would rather listen to you who have succeeded in doing it. Maybe by installing the new firmware it will fix some of the problems we now have. Where are you getting we have to fly the route first in order to set the way points? I can't find it. I want to get the new firmware installed and test fly it. Then if I need to complain I can. Not knowing what will happen until then I can not or should not complain yet as I see it. Like I stated in another posting, if you have flown the new firmware on the P3 then post the video link here so we all can see what it can do or not do. Or post the link already on line where we can view the new firmware in action. That would be nice. Until then I will wait and hope that the new firmware drop occurs as promised on the 7th of this month.
2015-9-3
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Inspire 1 is only not getting "follow me" because the motors are too powerful in case something does go wrong and it hits a person. It has the exact same reliability regarding it's flight control system. I personally think this is a good call on DJI's part.   
2015-9-3
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Chris Con Posted at 2015-9-4 08:12
Inspire 1 is only not getting "follow me" because the motors are too powerful in case something does ...

Oh Please, what a nonsensical statement.
Do you work for DJI Chris?
2015-9-3
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Why rely on automation? These will never be used commercially... you truly want to tell me that when you have a job you will rely on automation to do a true orbit or shot? These are just marketing gimmicks at best... make sure the bird is stable, flies well and is reliable the rest i codlin;t care less about
2015-9-3
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Australia

Nofearmx I can give you dozens of use cases where automation is critical, however these are not applicable to the general DJI audience.
My interest in RPAS is specifically in the areas of Asset condition inspection and mapping - both areas where consistent capture is key to the data being usable for comparison purposes.
Without the consistency that automation enables, the data does not match up well for comparison over time.

Every surveyor out there relies on decent autonomous nav to capture areas of interest for orthophotography and photogrammetry.
2015-9-3
Use props
CoastalBird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 692041 ft
United States

A true orbit shot, keeping the POI centered, is probably the hardest shot to get on a repeatable basis.  I think that's really the best new feature, provided it works.  Of course, plenty of times I've found myself wanting to orbit something, it's moving.  So, there's that...
2015-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules