1804 33 2023-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16041247 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I've noticed a significant magenta deviation in all the videos I've shot with the DJI MINI 4 PRO. Mountains that appear green with the Mavic 3 Classic are captured as brown by the DJI MINI 4 PRO. I've conducted at least 20 test clips, and even when I watch videos recorded by YouTubers using cameras alongside drone footage of the same location, I observe a strong magenta deviation.

I reached out to DJI Support and provided several clips recorded with the same settings and temperature using both the DJI MINI 4 PRO and the Mavic 3 Classic. The latter, corrected, captured things as I saw them.

Have any of you noticed this as well? In any case, just pick any video on YouTube and compare the recording cameras of YouTubers with what the drone's camera displays—it's quite evident. Three of my friends who also use the DJI MINI 4 PRO have confirmed this magenta deviation.

note
"Try it for yourselves. Take two shots of a green garden with some soil, one with a regular camera or iPhone, and then another with the DJI MINI 4 PRO. You'll notice that in the latter, the green will tend to fade away and everything will appear brown."
2023-10-2
Use props
illidan2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

sadly I noticed this too. It is clearly visible on landscape videos with many trees. Here in Italy we are living a long summer this year, but the color you see in the DlogM and HLG video seams to be of fall Autumn. Magenta/bronish instead of pure green. Dji have to fix it
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there! Thank you for bringing this query up! We're sorry for the trouble that it may have caused you.  Considering that you managed to contact our support and provided the sample videos/photos of this situation, may I confirm the active ticket regarding this situation? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-2
Use props
angeloffate
lvl.4
Poland

mini 4 pro is still the best drone ever IMO
2023-10-2
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 10-2 15:45
Hello, there! Thank you for bringing this query up! We're sorry for the trouble that it may have caused you.  Considering that you managed to contact our support and provided the sample videos/photos of this situation, may I confirm the active ticket regarding this situation? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for your cooperation.

By DJI Support:

Hi, there. Thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. We received a response from our corresponding team. Please be advised that the color modes use the DCG HDR technology that is different from the standard HDR stack technology. The DCG HDR technology is an HDR technology for camera sensors. It retains details in the highlights and captures details in the shadows.
As well, the lens of the two drones are different, and the design of the camera scheme is different.
"It is normal to have slight color style differences. Which considered to be normal."

results:
so color shift is a normal behaviour (only) in DJI MINI 4 PRO. Good to Know.
2023-10-3
Use props
djiuser_eZSWPdv9RvpD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233058 ft
Poland

I've noticed it too with YT samples. Have you tried to play with white balance or other camera settings?

If it is simple white balance issue, it should be easy to fix in RAW photos. Have you tried this?

Still, it would be a problem for video.
2023-10-3
Use props
illidan2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

unfortunately it does not seem a WB issue, but a Tint issue, that is not settable
2023-10-3
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-3 00:04
By DJI Support:

Hi, there. Thank you for patiently waiting for the feedback. We received a response from our corresponding team. Please be advised that the color modes use the DCG HDR technology that is different from the standard HDR stack technology. The DCG HDR technology is an HDR technology for camera sensors. It retains details in the highlights and captures details in the shadows.

So color shift is a normal behaviour (only) in DJI MINI 4 PRO. Good to Know

This is not a satisfactory answer and should be fixed !

2023-10-3
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Can you share some sample footage in google drive or dropbox
shot in Dlog M & HLG which shows this problem.
2023-10-3
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Ranjan Posted at 10-3 06:17
Can you share some sample footage in google drive or dropbox
shot in Dlog M & HLG which shows this problem.

I will do.
meanwhile this is my fix test (before and after)

FIX Video
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-3 00:04
By DJI Support:

We do appreciate you for sharing the update regarding this situation. Please feel free to reach us if you have further concerns. We're always here to help!
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 10-3 05:10
So color shift is a normal behaviour (only) in DJI MINI 4 PRO. Good to Know

This is not a satisfactory answer and should be fixed !

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Please rest assured your feedback will be taken seriously, and this will be forwarded to our relevant team for optimization in the future.
2023-10-3
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Diana Posted at 10-3 15:55
Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it may have caused you. Please rest assured your feedback will be taken seriously, and this will be forwarded to our relevant team for optimization in the future.

"Your support has already responded that the green can appear brown in the Mini 4 Pro. As seen in this comparison video, the terrain is green when flown over with the Mini 3 Pro, while it appears reddish-brown when flown over with the Mini 4 Pro. The color shift in the video is so evident that I wonder why the various YouTubers to whom you sent the drone a month before launch did not notice it and did not bring it to your attention.

I spoke with one of them, and he mentioned that he noticed it, along with the flares, but was waiting for it to be corrected in the final launch firmware. Do you not receive reports of issues when they are identified? I remember that this used to be the case, but now it seems that some "potential" problems are being omitted.

However, as your support team stated, this is not considered an issue. The green can indeed appear brown in the Mini 4. Good to know. The green of the Alps will turn brown. Some may like it if they live in the desert.

Jokes aside, I trust that you will acknowledge the evidence and take steps to address it."

Watch this video
MINI 3 PRO - > grass > green
MINI 4 PRO - > grass ? > what do you see? which colours, please replay. thank you

https://youtube.com/shorts/90BRh17spoc?si=ZWQCYMS56IPVkNCw
2023-10-4
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Best is to test with shooting xrite color checker chart & then compare mini 3 pro with mini 4 pro.
That we you will have standard color deviation recorded.
I hope Dji take not of this & do the corrective update.
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_eZSWPdv9RvpD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 233058 ft
Poland

Great comparison, that sky color is really strange on M4P.

And how about photos? Would you mind checking if this magenta tint is easily correctable in photo editor with the tint slider, or is it something more complex to fix?
2023-10-4
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

If it can be helpful.
If you do a screen recording, what is recorded has the correct colors without any dominant hues.
Conversely, the recorded material has this magenta shift.
As if some profile were being added, simply not doing it would be enough.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-4 00:25
"Your support has already responded that the green can appear brown in the Mini 4 Pro. As seen in this comparison video, the terrain is green when flown over with the Mini 3 Pro, while it appears reddish-brown when flown over with the Mini 4 Pro. The color shift in the video is so evident that I wonder why the various YouTubers to whom you sent the drone a month before launch did not notice it and did not bring it to your attention.

I spoke with one of them, and he mentioned that he noticed it, along with the flares, but was waiting for it to be corrected in the final launch firmware. Do you not receive reports of issues when they are identified? I remember that this used to be the case, but now it seems that some "potential" problems are being omitted.

Thank you for your update and input regarding the matter. May I ask for the ticket number in reference to this matter? Rest assured that we will continuously communicate with our relevant team regarding this concern for optimization. I appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
2023-10-4
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

MINI 4 PRO typical deviation.
2023-10-15
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

2023-10-15
Use props
ReMiA
lvl.1

United States

This is very disturbing and not normal behaviour for me !

I like the new features on the Mini4Pro like 360 obstacle avoidance,
but this is holding me back on purchasing a Mini 4 Pro!    ( ... also the new 120M restriction doesn't help )

I don't want to have to color correct all the footage i've shot.
It appears there are more issues with the image quality (see link below)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =298628&pid=3149594

I hope Dji will address these issues and solve them in new firmwares

2023-10-15
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

ReMiA Posted at 10-15 22:46
This is very disturbing and not normal behaviour for me !

I like the new features on the Mini4Pro like 360 obstacle avoidance,

It is now a sensation for many that the colors of the MINI 4 PRO are not neutral but tend towards reddish. I asked several friends after the purchase if they noticed it and they all answered yes. I also asked several YouTubers to whom DJI gives or lends drones, but they neither give a judgment nor deny it, probably waiting for DJI to confirm something officially. At this point, since DJI reads here, I kindly ask the following. Does the MINI 4 PRO have known color deviations? Or none at all? I and ten others see a reddish tint, is this possibly a batch of defective drones? Can we get a new copy if the answer above is negative? I really hope for your help/response. Unfortunately, your YouTubers don't talk about it, and nobody addresses color correction (literally nobody).
2023-10-15
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

RED RED RED mountains?? please DJI FIX IT! DJI MINI 4 PRO

it's so unnatural

2023-10-16
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-16 07:00

it's so unnatural

I am not a photo professional to judge this but from the beginning

I had the impression that M4P delivers somehow unnatural images
2023-10-16
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Space Dream Posted at 10-16 07:19
I am not a photo professional to judge this but from the beginning

I had the impression that M4P delivers somehow unnatural images

Many people share this opinion. I see a flood of videos with unnatural colors, it seems like they're becoming more and more common. It's the first time I've seen something like this, and I can say I've owned all of DJI's drones. DJI should address this issue and reduce the color casts, or offer three color profiles where users can choose a neutral one ('neutral').
2023-10-16
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-16 08:48
Many people share this opinion. I see a flood of videos with unnatural colors, it seems like they're becoming more and more common. It's the first time I've seen something like this, and I can say I've owned all of DJI's drones. DJI should address this issue and reduce the color casts, or offer three color profiles where users can choose a neutral one ('neutral').

A good suggestion with the option for 3 selectable color profiles
2023-10-16
Use props
Crio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67713 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-16 08:48
Many people share this opinion. I see a flood of videos with unnatural colors, it seems like they're becoming more and more common. It's the first time I've seen something like this, and I can say I've owned all of DJI's drones. DJI should address this issue and reduce the color casts, or offer three color profiles where users can choose a neutral one ('neutral').

I've seen worse. First Air was missing colours, mostly in shadows.
Someone figure it out the camera need a setting reset from time to time.
Not sure if it was resolved later by firmware update as I had it only for few months, but it was much worse than this.
2023-10-17
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

sfffsdfsdfsdfsdfsfsdfsdfdsfdsfdsfssfffs
2023-10-17
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Yesterday I made an inspection flight over our chimney to check the newly installed Oil heaterflue
And at the same time to integrate a Color Test. I have a red green weakness but I find the colors
are very coherent and authentic - Does anyone see a defective color reproduction here ?

2023-10-17
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I showed the Mini 3 Pro test video to my wife, who has no red-green weakness and can see colors well

For her the colors are very authentic (for me too) and with the colors seen in real life very well matching

2023-10-20
Use props
ReMiA
lvl.1

Germany

Space Dream Posted at 10-20 08:10
I showed the Mini 3 Pro test video to my wife, who has no red-green weakness and can see colors well

For her the colors are very authentic (for me too) and with the colors seen in real life very well matching

This topic is for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, not the Mini 3 Pro .....
2023-10-20
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

ReMiA Posted at 10-20 09:05
This topic is for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, not the Mini 3 Pro .....

Exactly and therefore it shows the difference

to the M3P in the color representation !

2023-10-20
Use props
ReMiA
lvl.1

Germany

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-16 07:00

it's so unnatural

This footage is horrible
The reddish color deviation should be fixed in the Firmware
Are there any updates from DJI ?
... and are they taking this issue serious.

I've sold my Mini 3 Pro, but if this not will be fixed i will not upgrade to the Mini 4 Pro....

@Space Dream: Thanks for the comparison to the Mini 3 Pro, wich does not have this color deviation
2023-10-29
Use props
maurotandofilm
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

ReMiA Posted at 10-29 05:39
This footage is horrible
The reddish color deviation should be fixed in the Firmware
Are there any updates from DJI ?

Ithis morning I paid 75 euro and asked for replacement via refresh card, my model is (I hope) definitely defective, but I can't fly for work with this drone.
Others have told me they don't have it. this gives me hope that it was a defective model or batch.
I hope so, a month after purchasing it, this is the first time (after 7 DJI drones), that I get such a case.
I will keep you updated as soon as I get the new copy.
2023-10-29
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

maurotandofilm Posted at 10-29 05:42
Ithis morning I paid 75 euro and asked for replacement via refresh card, my model is (I hope) definitely defective, but I can't fly for work with this drone.
Others have told me they don't have it. this gives me hope that it was a defective model or batch.
I hope so, a month after purchasing it, this is the first time (after 7 DJI drones), that I get such a case.

Hi Mauro,
how about the new drone ? Is this still showing the magenta deviation ?
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules