RTH Cancel Message
1625 13 2023-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
john ng
New
Flight distance : 4862 ft

United States

Does any body know why I got a "Return to home cancel..."  when I pressed RTH button?  I can't fly my drone far since I'm afraid it will not return home.   Should the RTH command the drone to come back and land where it started? or it just come back to the area where the control is and pilot/user has to land it?

Thanks

2023-10-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does any body know why I got a "Return to home cancel..."  when I pressed RTH button?
If you press the RTH button after RTH has commenced, it cancels RTH.

I can't fly my drone far since I'm afraid it will not return home.
RTH works perfectly for everyone else so it will for you too.

Should the RTH command the drone to come back and land where it started? or it just come back to the area where the control is and pilot/user has to land it?
RTH will bring the drone back to the recorded home point.
If you waited for the homepoint to be recorded before launching, that will be where the drone took off from.

If you haven't found the manual for your drone, it's here:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_3/UM/20230328/DJI_Mini_3_User_Manual_v1.0_EN.pdf
You should read the RTH section for a lot of useful information.

2023-10-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As suggested, read the manual especially the RTH section, carefully. However, I would suggest going further than simply reading the RTH section. Ask questions about anything you think you do not understand and, somewhere safe, experiment with those sections that you do understand.
You can 'mimic' disconnection by switching the controller off.
RTH behaviour can change depending on the circumstances and I would suggest it is better to meet each behaviour for the first time in practice sessions in a safe place rather than meeting them for the first time in a 'real flight' where and when you may be panicking.
With regards to height obviously it is best to set the height high enough to clear any obstacles in the possible return flight path but excessive height wastes power and may put the drone up into high wind, wind speed tends to increase with height. e.g. I try to set an RTH height that will clear obstacles by 10m or so. You can change RTH height whilst the drone is in flight but you can not chnge the RTH height if the drone is actually performing an RTH or that's what I found the last time I tried it.
2023-10-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You do not need to press the button, it would have returned home, this is why you got the message after pressing the button, you cancelled it, therefore, all you needed to do was to press it once again and it would have come home, unless of course you lost connection. Once you hear the continuos beeping, that means its on its way to the home point.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Return to Home (RTH) function brings the aircraft back to the last recorded HomePoint when the positioning system is functioning normally. There are three RTH modes (please visit page 15 of the DJI Mini 3 user manual). Please make sure that your homepoint is well recorded before flying. Furthermore, once the aircraft is already in RTH mode (Smart RTH), the RTH will be canceled if you tap the X in the DJI Fly app or when pressing the RTH button on the remote controller. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-4
Use props
fans5149e6bd
New

United States

My return to Home keeps canceling every time I push it. Initially it says, return to home and shows the green path and then it says return to home canceled. Attached is a picture of the returned at home altitude and the max altitude. Anybody have an idea what I’m doing wrong
2023-10-27
Use props
CharlieP
New

United States

2023-10-27
Use props
djiuser_EG0sWRGSGlgi
New
Flight distance : 45955 ft

United States

What is the fix for this
2023-11-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aside from anything else, an RTH height of 150m will may result in drone arriving over the home point at height of 492ft.
That is illegal in the USA, you are limited to 400ft AGL.
2023-11-8
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

As suggested earlier, RTFM. Your RTH altitude only needs to be set maybe 50 feet above your highest obstacle. If it is set above 400 feet/120 meters, it cancels.
2023-11-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-8 07:41
As suggested earlier, RTFM. Your RTH altitude only needs to be set maybe 50 feet above your highest obstacle. If it is set above 400 feet/120 meters, it cancels.

Are you saying that perhaps just the mavic 3s won't climb through 400ft ( relative to the take off point, RtTO ) during an RTH climb? With the 500m ceiling being roughly half way up the permissible max height setting, as shown in the photo, the drone concerned might be a Mavic 3 of some sort.
I have had a Mavic Mini climb through 400ft RtTO during an RTH, from 60ish ft RtTO, in fact it went up to 800ft + RtTO. I was ***pping myself the whole way down, which took a long time.
I think I must have accidentally dragged the RTH slider up when setting the max height ceiling, I had been flying up a hill hence the high ceiling that allowed the high RTH height but was back down at sea level when I lost the connection and up it went.  
I certainly have never deliberately set a 400ft + RTH height.
2023-11-8
Use props
Bricemb96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46375 ft

United States

I am having similar issue with my Mini 3.
I wait for the homepoint to be established before takeoff  and i review my RTH settings before takeoff and all checks out, however when i tap the RTH button the controller beeps and application shows RTH for maybe half a second the says in a tiny box up top in red "Return T" then it cutoff from there and there is no way to see the full error message. even tapping the message doesnt show anything regarding RTH. That message only pops up for a quick second the goes away?
2023-11-10
Use props
Bricemb96
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46375 ft

United States

Bricemb96 Posted at 11-10 02:24
I am having similar issue with my Mini 3.
I wait for the homepoint to be established before takeoff  and i review my RTH settings before takeoff and all checks out, however when i tap the RTH button the controller beeps and application shows RTH for maybe half a second the says in a tiny box up top in red "Return T" then it cutoff from there and there is no way to see the full error message. even tapping the message doesnt show anything regarding RTH. That message only pops up for a quick second the goes away?

I REALLY wish @DJI would fix this issue!
2023-12-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Bricemb96 Posted at 12-21 15:05

There's probably no issue to fix.
You'll have to explain better what you think the issue is for anyone to be able to help you.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules