A2 failure to trigger calibration process &/or start motors.
8664 24 2014-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roberttomkins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all! I've been having an issue with the A2 system on my S1000+. Usually I try not to waste other people's time and figure things out for myself but this time I really can't put my finger on what the problem is..

I've calibrated the IMU several times and configured all the settings properly, however the LED flashes a sequence which I'm having trouble understanding.. The green & yellow flashes are for abnormal compass data but for some reason I can't seem trigger the calibration process.. I know others have had this same issue but I couldn't find out how they fixed it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Here's a video of the LED. Plus there seems to be a connection error in the IMU but I've triple checked the hardware.
Thank You!
Rob

2014-12-9
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you sure you have the U channel endpoint correctly configured?

Please take a video of the assistant with you changing all flight modes if you could. Please also make sure you end the cycling of the switch in the position closes to you. (pos 3)
2014-12-9
Use props
roberttomkins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-10 00:54
Are you sure you have the U channel endpoint correctly configured?

Please take a video of the assis ...

Thanks, I'll get a video up. At the moment the U channel is set to a 3 point switch covering GPS, Atti and Manual modes (GPS being in the position closest to me). On the software it says "RC Lost" in both GPS and Manual modes, But reads "Normal" in Atti mode. could this be the problem?

Cheers
Rob
2014-12-9
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's the problem.. You have to change your endpoints so that the blue highlights under GPS and Manual modes.
2014-12-9
Use props
roberttomkins
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-12-10 01:37
That's the problem.. You have to change your endpoints so that the blue highlights under GPS and Man ...

Ah thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense now
2014-12-9
Use props
breck1295.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Need some help from everyone. Just upgraded from a F550 to the S800 EVO and having some trouble with it. I have been unable to get the A2 motors to fire up. I have the flight modes properly programmed and can go from Manual to Atti to GPS mode with the 3 position switch. However I am getting a abnormal compass error on the A2 Assistant. When I plug in the battery the LED flashes green  and I cannot get it into calibration mode.  Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
2015-2-9
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

breck1295.gmail Posted at 2015-2-10 08:59
Need some help from everyone. Just upgraded from a F550 to the S800 EVO and having some trouble with ...

Hi Breck,
How many times the LED flashes?
Does the Assistant show the compass error?
2015-2-10
Use props
breck1295.gmail
lvl.1

United States

The led will flash green indefinitely until I unplug the battery.  The assistant gives me a pop up window saying there in a co pass error. i have calibrated the IMU but no matter what I do I cannot get into calibration mode. Also motors wont fire but think that is associated with calibration issue. Any suggestions?
2015-2-19
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.3

Hong Kong

breck1295.gmail Posted at 2015-2-20 12:16
The led will flash green indefinitely until I unplug the battery.  The assistant gives me a pop up w ...

Does the green LED fast blinking 4 times and repeats this type? If so, needs to send for repair.
2015-3-2
Use props
arnstein.hoddev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2806093 ft
Norway

Hi all! I've been having an issue with the A2 system on my S1000 to calibrate the compass,Similar to roberttomkins have posted.
I have done the calibrating prossess severals times  with no luck and ended up with blinking red led .
There is no magnectic field  near by when I am doing the calibrating prosess.The calibration prossess is normal , Blue led for horizontal calibration, and  green LED vertical calibration , but ended up with calibration failure ( RED led)
I have been flying the S1000 for many monts now with no problems at all , and suddently today this issue came up. When pluging in the battery power the  led  continues flashing RED an no possible to start motors.Have downloaded and installed  the latest  firmware:   main controller 2,5 , IMU 2,5 , LED 2,1 , GPS-pro +  2,6.

Does anyone know to solve this?
2015-8-25
Use props
jjd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11250 ft
South Africa

arnstein.hoddev Posted at 2015-8-25 16:53
Hi all! I've been having an issue with the A2 system on my S1000 to calibrate the compass,Similar to ...

Arnstein.hoddev - this is exactly the problem I have having with my S1000+ with A2.

Did you solve it? Please tell me how.

Thank you,
Justin
2015-10-15
Use props
jlavalle1
lvl.1
United States

did this get solved? I'm having the same issue
2016-7-25
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>

I deleted the video but I had the same problem a while back...heres the thread...it was a bad LED unit.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=44870
2016-7-25
Use props
fans7cf18ba2
New

India

Help me to resolve dji a2 compass error , tried almost everything but not able to sort it out. HELP!!!
2016-11-25
Use props
fans7cf18ba2
New

India

Could anyone suggest how to resolve it.??
not able to complete the compass calibration.
2016-11-25
Use props
fans7cf18ba2
New

India

help me in resolving the compass error problem
2016-11-25
Use props
fans7cf18ba2
New

India

I am using DJI A2, everything else is working but the main problem is with campass, not able to callibrate it properly.
Don't know where is the problem.
While connecting to the assistant software no pop-up errors are showing, but not able to callibrate it.
HELP!!!
2016-11-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans7cf18ba2 Posted at 2016-11-25 19:37
I am using DJI A2, everything else is working but the main problem is with campass, not able to call ...

Did you notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? What is your complete set up? What firmware are you running?
2016-11-25
Use props
vladimir57
lvl.2

Russia

1. Perform the compass calibration by connecting the last to "Black" from the battery wire. Some users it helped.
   2. You may have a defective resistor in the terminal "Red" wire. It prevents sparks at the moment of connection "Red" wire ...
2016-12-1
Use props
fans4162f31e
New

United States

fans7cf18ba2 Posted at 2016-11-25 02:55
help me in resolving the compass error problem

What I did with my a2 is went back to the older programing
2017-7-25
Use props
DroneABI
New

United States

I have this problem with 3 A2 I have can anyone help on that I test the system only no connection to the drone give the Green light flashing fast and Abnormal Compass Data Error any when I plug to the A2 Assistant Software
2017-9-16
Use props
Wayfarer-59
lvl.2

Austria

I wanted to ask you - did you calibrate the compass after A2 had found the maximum number of satellites for a given point? After finding the maximum number of satellites the compass should be calibrated. Try to calibration the compass by connecting the "Black" wire from the battery to the model at last. It helped some people. Try to change the place for calibrating the compass. Pipes of irrigation systems under the ground will not let you calibrate the compass well. Maybe, you have not long ago added some wires to the circuit, or changed their position on the model, passing next to the block of the IMU ...
2017-10-2
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34892 ft

I have 2 issues,1st my S800 Evo. I put an A2F.C. in it. I can calibrate the compass no problem and I get the magic purple light, but motors still will not start. In using the Futaba T14SG nd in A2 assistant I can spin the motors no problem. 2nd issue is with S900. I do the compass calibration, I start with level clockwise spin and get green light. Turn it nose down and spin and get red light and cant pass calibration?
2018-8-23
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
United States

I dont know if you guys got this figured out or not? I had the same issue and i know this is going to sound stupid but i reconfigured my wiring and wala... it all of a sudden worked. What ive found is the L.E.D. module MUST be plugged directly into the PMU. The antenna has to plug into the IMU, the Mark IV use the Smart port to plug directly into the Flight controller F4 port and if you are using the data transfer module dji2.4 plugs also directly into the PMU. There are 2 ports on the PMU, a small plug like the BUS plugs, thats for the DJI2.4 and the normal plug goes to the LED.I have 5 of these P.O.S.flight controllers and out of the 5, 3 were giving me issues. I still have 2 that i cant get to work. One is on  a TAROT T-18 and the other is on the biggest piece of crap drone,the S800. It doesnt matter if i use my WooKong F.C or my A2,the S800 still does the flip of Death. My Tarot i cant get it to stop blinking red and no matter what i try it wont connect to the assistant! Any ideas?
2018-12-3
Use props
fansed722954
lvl.2
United States

Fix for the P.O.S. S800, i hate these dumb ass drones. The fix i found with the S800 is i wasnt using a 6S lipo. I had a 14.8v 10,000mAh 4s lipo and i couldn't get the motors to spin. Even called DJI and explained the setup. I by chance swapped out my battery to a 22.2v 10,000mAh 6s lipo and it fired right up. Shortly into the flight she did the flip of Death and destroyed 3 arms.Worst drone ever created, i see qhy they discontinued them.
2018-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules