Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Yikes, See Follow Me
1803 26 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

It follows you, even though it can't see you.

This is going to get real interesting.

RedHotPoker

2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

doesnt need to see you, just needs to communicate with the device and rc
2015-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Making light of the situation, in anticipation. ;-)

Can't wait to try it out, with the SpYder RS-S.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-3
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

This is auto pilot not DJI's own, so it might be more relaxed as this one looks like crazed when following as it does not stay in one spot once it is on top of the subject.

I can't wait to try it by walking on the beach, DJI should come up with a remote location beacon for the subject so that the subject should not have to carry the remote, or another cell phone linked to the cell that is being used as the position feeder, so it will get a remote feed of gps location.
2015-9-3
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Oh man cant wait !!!
2015-9-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It will be fun, and exciting trying out and taming wild, new and crazy features.
Hopefully the accidents of others, will be far and few between.

Perhaps we will meet in the air someday, circling the same POI... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-3
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I can only imagine the amount of people that will hit interference type physical objects. This particular follow-me app bounced around way too much, spins and 280'degree turns
2015-9-3
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

Crashes will be out the wazoo. Look for this forum to be filled with people blaming the app for their P3 crashing it trees, walls, people, cars, etc...
2015-9-4
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-9-4 06:13
Crashes will be out the wazoo. Look for this forum to be filled with people blaming the app for thei ...

This is some pretty crazy stuff...your right though..these are going to take some very careful practice and getting used to. Some pilots are going to jump right into the seats and go for it without any experimentation....we'll see!!.....Ka...booooom!!
2015-9-4
Use props
QuikSilver15
lvl.2

United States

Are you doing anything with the remote? I assume your adjusting the camera angles....
2015-9-4
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

How long till the first moron has it following them down the freeway?  Don't get me wrong, the technology looks really cool but talk about an invitation to disaster!
2015-9-4
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-9-4 14:55
How long till the first moron has it following them down the freeway?  Don't get me wrong, the techn ...

Hopefully it's a short ride down the freeway.. We don't want phantoms running out of battery and auto landing on the street during rush hour
2015-9-4
Use props
danwahoo
lvl.1

United States

How do you initiate the follow me feature?
2015-9-4
Use props
bill
lvl.3

United States

toddf.perkins@g Posted at 2015-9-4 16:04
Hopefully it's a short ride down the freeway.. We don't want phantoms running out of battery and a ...

Mark my words......
2015-9-4
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I'm confused, this in not a DJI app? Is this a beta version of the upcoming upgrade?....
2015-9-4
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

Awesome!
I purchased this app but need to wait for the Sep 7th FW release. I'm hoping this FW release will give these devs what they need so we owners do not have to use a beta FW.
2015-9-4
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-4 01:03
doesnt need to see you, just needs to communicate with the device and rc

Guessing that he really knew that
2015-9-4
Use props
agrewe
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I don't know about the law in Canada (and the US for that matter), I'm pretty sure any type of "follow me" functionality is strictly speaking largely illegal in the UK and probably many other countries. In the UK you are required to keep your copter within line of sight (or at least have a spotter watching it, e.g. if you're using FPV goggles). If you're driving/cycling/skiing/whatever and have it following you I should think you're quite unlikely to be able to fulfil that requirement. Good luck with any kind of crash or collision.....
2015-9-4
Use props
ctonyperry
lvl.2

United States

Using follow me on a freeway wouldn't be good for very long since youd outrun the phantom pretty quickly at freeway speed =).

2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I won't be doing any of my usual freeway flying.

Atleast not in the usual ways.

But I will be smiling in either instance. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-5 00:51
I won't be doing any of my usual freeway flying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCDEPxzqSr0
Atleast ...

GREAT MUSIC for my phantom footage while its following me on I-95 with a pack of state troopers tailing me LOL
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It takes one with good music taste, to know another one. ;-)
So there we are...
We Might well be singing this one too...

Well explaining why we are racing back...

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-5 01:05
It takes one with good music taste, to know another one. ;-)
So there we are...
We Might well be sin ...

Perfect ! this one will be when i am trying to loose the tail and head in the woods and the phantom is catching the footage of me blowing dirt while swerving to avoid the trees LOL
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That will be the next big thing in evidence, guys bringing their own drone footage to a courtroom.
As long as we actually take off from home, before attempting the Follow Me option, our Phantom should return home, when the battery gets low.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

agrewe Posted at 2015-9-4 18:33
I don't know about the law in Canada (and the US for that matter), I'm pretty sure any type of "foll ...

I believe it is illegal in the USA too.
2015-9-5
Use props
casamodi
New

Mozambique

hey how do i upgrade to the new follow me feature on the phantom 3?  i am looking at the firmware updates this septmber 7th and still there is now new downloads or firmware update?  can anyone help?
2015-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

They haven't uploaded/updated the download page yet. Nor has the Go app been improved.
I think it will be a few more hours, so best give it some more time.

I should have been asleep already...  Yawn yawn.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules