4400 4 2023-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Makarand
lvl.1

India

Dear all,

My first post here.
I am looking for some clear understanding before we purchase a Mavic 3T.
At present, we use Mavic 3E with Drone Deploy for mapping and georeferenced orthomosaics. For some new work aspect we need to purchase a drone with thermal capability and hence are considering buying Mavic 3T.
What I wanted to do know is that with Mavic 3T, its day-time capabilities (with RGB sensor) are exactly same as Mavic 3E or not. In other words, when used during day-time, would Mavic 3T be able to generate same good quality (same resolution etc) data as Mavic 3E with Drone Deploy?

Please let me know so that we can go ahead and purchase the Mavic 3T if it is able to do everything that Mavic 3E does with same quality.
regards,
Makarand
2023-10-14
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 14031719 ft
  • >>>
United States

No. The RGB camera on the M3T doesn't have a mechanical shutter. Only electronic. Also this camera is only a 1/2" sensor compared to the 4/3" on the M3E. The RTK capabilities on the M3T aren't as accurate as the M3E either.
2023-10-15
Use props
Dogpilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2158192 ft
United States

If you need the capability of both, it starts to become more economic to get the M300 series. They have interchangeable sensor heads, thermal and many different resolution cameras. It is a much superior mapping and thermal platform. Yes, a bit more money, but starts to get more attractive if you need to have a foot in both worlds. Buying both the M3T & M3E is not cheap either.
2023-10-15
Use props
Makarand
lvl.1

India

Johnnokomis Posted at 10-15 04:14
No. The RGB camera on the M3T doesn't have a mechanical shutter. Only electronic. Also this camera is only a 1/2" sensor compared to the 4/3" on the M3E. The RTK capabilities on the M3T aren't as accurate as the M3E either.

Thank you!
2023-10-16
Use props
Makarand
lvl.1

India

Dogpilot Posted at 10-15 11:15
If you need the capability of both, it starts to become more economic to get the M300 series. They have interchangeable sensor heads, thermal and many different resolution cameras. It is a much superior mapping and thermal platform. Yes, a bit more money, but starts to get more attractive if you need to have a foot in both worlds. Buying both the M3T & M3E is not cheap either.

Got it. We will look into it. Thank you!
2023-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules