Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 vs Paragliders
1628 12 2015-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Father Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81575 ft
United States

I have not seen a lot of aerial to aerial photography and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with filming flying objects with their i1. I posted this video under photo/video also, but I did not get any feedback so I'm thinking I put the post in the wrong place. (thank you Kristoph for the compliment) I'm hoping to get some discussion going regarding this endeavor. If anyone has some input, about safety, videoing, etc, flying objects, I think we could all benefit. Thank you.
2015-9-4
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.3

United States

Very cool! Awesome work there.
2015-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job, I really liked your video!

What was the normal winds on top where they were launching from? The Inspire was smooth and clean.

Rich
2015-9-4
Use props
Father Fly
lvl.1
United States

At the strongest part of the day it was about 18kts with gusts up to 23. She was super stable and probably could have handled more, but I landed when it started gusting above 25kts.
2015-9-4
Use props
FlyGuy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

How do you communicate with them ? Obviously there's no way of knowing what their next move will be since they are dependend on winds, ect.
Flying this close with an Inspire is is not that easy I tent to believe.
Nice video btw
2015-9-4
Use props
Father Fly
lvl.1
United States

Thank You. Being a paraglider pilot myself, and having flown countless hours with these pilots, I felt pretty comfortable shooting them with the drone. Also, I have been an rc helicopters pilot for a lot of years and that skill translates directly to piloting a drone. Definitely more to come. Oh, to answer your question about what their next move is: the only time I am in danger of a collision is when the paraglider is coming right at me. So, I only have to anticipate the glider turning towards me or catching a thermal and rising into me. In my head, I am prepared for that to happen. the benefit is that safety is number one, the possible downside is that I'm slow to respond if the glider turns away and I want to follow. Safety first. Happy flying
2017-7-17
Use props
imagine it
lvl.4
United States

Wow. Great job and from what I could see you did a very safe job of it. Keeping a good distance and staying at different altitude levels from the fliers.
2017-7-18
Use props
AMZPOW
First Officer

United States

great!
2019-1-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow is an awesome video.
2019-1-12
Use props
Morgan E
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 1-12 20:30
Wow is an awesome video.

Thank you for watching and responding
2019-1-13
Use props
Morgan E
lvl.1
United States

imagine it Posted at 2017-7-18 02:18
Wow. Great job and from what I could see you did a very safe job of it. Keeping a good distance and staying at different altitude levels from the fliers.

Thank you for your input. Much appreciated
2019-1-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morgan E Posted at 1-13 14:21
Thank you for watching and responding

You're welcome and keep them coming
2019-1-13