1700 14 2023-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Meng-Chyi Lin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47247 ft
Taiwan

Hi,

I just get Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller yesteday and it works good with my Action 4 to take pictures and videos today and GPS signal strengh looks good.

However, all pictures/videos have no geotag/location infromation after I upload to iPhone Photo by DJI Mimo. This is really unexpected.

I know DJI Mimo can add/overlay information to video but it doesn't work for picture and what I need is simply geotag/location meta/exif data to picture files so iPhone Photo can show it's location, no need to overlay. iPhone Photo also supports location of a video file, maybe location of start point of a video. It will be great if "Action 4 + GPS BT" can support iPhone Photo both picture and video location.

Or, is there any suggesting working flow to geotag picture/video files on "DJI action 4+GPS BT remote controller" for IOS/MacOS Photo app?

Thanks a lot.
2023-10-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the geotag app on Mac OS to tag the location they were taken,  you just need to be able to export your route to a gpx file to use it.
2023-10-21
Use props
mclin
lvl.2
Taiwan

Thanks for the suggestion.

But how can I export route in GPS BT controller or Action 4 into gpx file? I've checked SD card and DJI Mimo but I can't find anything related to route or gpx. In fact, I have GPS logger app in iPhone so I can do this by myself manually without DJI GPS BT controller, but iPhone GPS app will always consume some extra power of iPhone and the extra flow to tag is annoying.

When a GPS device linked with a camera like OSMO Action 4, I believe it is reasonable and nature to geotag picture when I push shutter button or upload/export picture. Maybe I just not enable this feature correctly yet and need help here.

If this is not supported yet, wish it can be supported by new firmware. I think this is a very very basic capability.

2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. I will refer this to the related team to check. I sent you a message.  Please kindly check your messages. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-22
Use props
mclin
lvl.2
Taiwan

Got answer from DJI Tony, this is not supported now.

Hi, Tony

I believe I am not the only one who needs this as long as Action 4 is connected to a DJI GPS special for it. Please help to add this feature to enhancement list of next or future firmware release. Thanks a lot.
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mclin Posted at 10-24 09:33
Got answer from DJI Tony, this is not supported now.

Hi, Tony

Hi, mclin. Sorry, I missed this thread. Yes. It is not supported for now. "The dynamic information from GPS will be recorded only in video mode but not in photo mode." Please rest assured will forward your feedback to the related department for evaluation. Thank you for your great support.
2023-10-30
Use props
MyDr0neSP
New

Spain

Hello,
Do you have some update about this feature? I'm looking for something similar, I believe it could be very useful for photogrametry projects.
1-20 08:02
Use props
becsta
lvl.1

Australia

This is a feature I would like. I thought maybe the Action 4 might be able to replace my old Garmin Virb XE camera, it looked like it might be the closest to the features I want for my long distance motorbike riding but unfortunately I don't think I will be purchasing it, not having geotagged photos is one of the requirements I have for purchasing a camera for my trip photos.
1-24 21:04
Use props
Paco2024
lvl.1
Germany

I am also looking for the geotagging feature on photos but more importantly on videos. I bought the Action 4 and the GPS Remote in order to be able to get geotagged videos of my motorcycle trips. I see that I can display telemetry data in Dji Mimo, but the only depiction of location information is the small track overlay in the video that does not include any underlying map or genuine location information. Also neither the exported nor the original mp4 files are being recognized by MacOS as including location data. The least I require is the starting location of the video (as the native iPhone videos do provide). Even a display as plain data (i.e. GPS coordinates) would help for a start. Is there a plan to support any of this in future releases of Mimo?

In the meantime, any recommendation how I could retrieve the GPS coordinates from the mp4 files by any other means? I am aware of the 3rd party Telemetry Overlay solution which would come at an additional cost.

Many thanks!
2-12 12:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paco2024 Posted at 2-12 12:07
I am also looking for the geotagging feature on photos but more importantly on videos. I bought the Action 4 and the GPS Remote in order to be able to get geotagged videos of my motorcycle trips. I see that I can display telemetry data in Dji Mimo, but the only depiction of location information is the small track overlay in the video that does not include any underlying map or genuine location information. Also neither the exported nor the original mp4 files are being recognized by MacOS as including location data. The least I require is the starting location of the video (as the native iPhone videos do provide). Even a display as plain data (i.e. GPS coordinates) would help for a start. Is there a plan to support any of this in future releases of Mimo?

In the meantime, any recommendation how I could retrieve the GPS coordinates from the mp4 files by any other means? I am aware of the 3rd party Telemetry Overlay solution which would come at an additional cost.

Hi. DJI has not yet announced any plans about the said concern. However, it was already forwarded as a suggestion to the development team. But let me reach out to the related team to check. I will get back to this. Thank you for your patience.
2-17 03:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Paco2024 Posted at 2-12 12:07
I am also looking for the geotagging feature on photos but more importantly on videos. I bought the Action 4 and the GPS Remote in order to be able to get geotagged videos of my motorcycle trips. I see that I can display telemetry data in Dji Mimo, but the only depiction of location information is the small track overlay in the video that does not include any underlying map or genuine location information. Also neither the exported nor the original mp4 files are being recognized by MacOS as including location data. The least I require is the starting location of the video (as the native iPhone videos do provide). Even a display as plain data (i.e. GPS coordinates) would help for a start. Is there a plan to support any of this in future releases of Mimo?

Thank you for patiently waiting.. When used with a GPS Bluetooth remote controller, it can record dynamic location like the route and direction information, but it does not record a certain GPS Latitude and longitude in video and photo mode. I will add this to the suggestions for the related team to evaluate. Have a great day.
2-18 01:03
Use props
bike-cam
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2-18 01:03
Thank you for patiently waiting.. When used with a GPS Bluetooth remote controller, it can record dynamic location like the route and direction information, but it does not record a certain GPS Latitude and longitude in video and photo mode. I will add this to the suggestions for the related team to evaluate. Have a great day.

I just received my Action 4 and remote control. I was fully expecting the ability to create geo-tagged images and videos -- what's the point of a GPS receiver otherwise? I'm seriously considering returning the camera.
3-5 14:07
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bike-cam Posted at 3-5 14:07
I just received my Action 4 and remote control. I was fully expecting the ability to create geo-tagged images and videos -- what's the point of a GPS receiver otherwise? I'm seriously considering returning the camera.

We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured this will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.
3-6 03:57
Use props
djiuser_D8NJviN7M1pw
lvl.1

Bulgaria

DJI Tony Posted at 3-6 03:57
We appreciate your feedback. Rest assured this will be forwarded to the relevant team for evaluation. Thank you for your patience.

How do you manage to export video with the GPS data in 4k with DJI Mimo app? I'm limited to 1080p. only?
4-8 23:05
Use props
Pro89
New

Austria

Any updates on this problem? I went on a bike ride the other day and all videos were created using the GPS remote control. I would like to add the speedometer to the videos. As far as I know, there is no way to do this on Mac/Pc, it needs to be done on the phone (edit -> dashboard -> add -> export). This is a lot of work for 50+ videos. Also, if I do it on the phone, the video quality seems to delicne. There is also no way of extracting GPS data. I don't know how to proceed.
5-2 09:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules