STEREO recording over 3,5mm input in the POCKET 3 Mic2 Transmitter?
1312 5 2023-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lvl.2
Germany

Dear DJI-Team,

does the 3,5mm TRS input in the DJI Mic2  Transmitter (of the new POCKET 3) is able to record a STEREO line signal  (f.ex. mixer output, mp3 player output, etc.)?

Thanks and best regards,
David

Screenshot 2023-10-25 155620.png
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in our new product Yes, this function is available when using the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_jsrza7GHTZ6I
lvl.1

Finland

There is no Stereo sound when connecting the Mic 2 transmitter and plug-in stereo microphones through the 3.5mm jack. Only Mono. Why is that? Stereo works when Mic 2 Transmitter is NOT connected. But the it immediatly changes to Mono (and is greyed out, cannot change) when the Mic 2 is connected.

Is this how it is suppose to be?
2023-11-9
Use props
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 23:24
Hi there. Thank you for showing interest in our new product Yes, this function is available when using the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Dear Paladin, thanks for confirming that it is possible to record a stereo line signal using the 3.5mm input in the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter.

I have tested it and it does NOT work. The signal appears to be a mono signal.

I have tested it with a TRS and TRRS adapter as well, but it was always mono. Since I need to record a STEREO line signal using the 3.5mm input in the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter, I again kindly ask you, if this is possible or not? If yes, how does it work? Thank you!
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

212 Posted at 12-4 05:42
Dear Paladin, thanks for confirming that it is possible to record a stereo line signal using the 3.5mm input in the DJI Mic 2 Transmitter.

I have tested it and it does NOT work. The signal appears to be a mono signal.

Hi there. Sorry for the confusion. When Osmo Pocket 3 is connected to two DJI Mic 2 transmitters simultaneously, stereo audio recording mode can be used. Please note that at present, the DJI Mic 2 transmitters are not available for individual purchase. When you buy the Osmo Pocket 3 Creator combo, only one Mic 2 transmitter is provided. As a result, stereo recording mode is not supported. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-5
Use props
Sir.S
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_jsrza7GHTZ6I Posted at 11-9 12:55
There is no Stereo sound when connecting the Mic 2 transmitter and plug-in stereo microphones through the 3.5mm jack. Only Mono. Why is that? Stereo works when Mic 2 Transmitter is NOT connected. But the it immediatly changes to Mono (and is greyed out, cannot change) when the Mic 2 is connected.

Is this how it is suppose to be?

Hi, I signed up here just so I could ask if you could clarify what you said as I can’t find this information anywhere and no one seems to be using the Mic 2 in this way

So you’re saying if you use the Mic 2 as a standalone audio recorder with a stereo mic plugged into the 3.5mm it will save stereo audio to the internal transmitter storage but if you connect it to the pocket 3 it basically locks it to mono input from the 3.5mm?

Also I heard there was a firmware update that improved the audio saving, has that changed things?
2023-12-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules