Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera Catching Gimbal Guard on Startup!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neilfau06
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282799 ft
United Kingdom

So I recently just fitted a new carbon fibre gimbal guard underneath the camera, but I've noticed when you start up the P3A the camera does its usual dance & very slightly catches the guard, does anyone else have this problem & should I worry about it?
2015-9-5
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

Did you really ask this question?
2015-9-5
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

liningiv Posted at 2015-9-5 13:21
Did you really ask this question?

Yes he did.
2015-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Nothing should interfere with the camera travel or gimbal.
If the gimbal guard is rubbing the camera, it will have to be lowered somehow.
How else would it be effective? There are times when you will want the camera lens facing straight down.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-5
Use props
stephen.sanderl
New

United States

In my "humble" opinion, as I read it so perfectly put, I don't feel gimbal guards are worth it. One of my favorite features of the camera is being able to look straight down and this essentially eliminates any chance of getting those shots.

Granted I see the benefits because like pretty much everyone out there, I've had the gimbal overload on a blade of grass, I feel that limiting the viewing angle of the highest selling point of this particualr model (the camera) is not worth it, and especially not worth the trouble of having to find a way to rig it so the camera doesn't rub on warm up.

Best of luck, my advice is get your money back and put it in a savings for potential gimbal or camera replacement.
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

you must have a bad design!! i iuse one from uavbits.net, it does not interfere with gimbal or come into view of the camera looking straight down.
and yes you should be concerned
2015-9-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This is pretty common sense, and shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. The unit is not made for your Phantom. 3
If it interferes with normal camera operation, or prevents the viewfinder from seeing everything in it's already limited path,
you kind of defeat the main purpose of a awesome camera platform.
So please, Contact the seller and see what they offer as an explanation or immediate exchange.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-6
Use props
Bobabc
lvl.1

United States

Try flipping it over. I know it's silly but I had a friend with the same problem and that was the solution.
2015-9-6
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

Bobabc Posted at 2015-9-7 03:31
Try flipping it over. I know it's silly but I had a friend with the same problem and that was the so ...

actually it is not silly, u have made a very valid thing to try.  not all the guard are symetrical. good job
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules