How to adjust settings in UAV Forecast app according to my drone
2016 4 2023-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZTnrskXElEdS
lvl.1

Canada

Hello everybody,

Am carrying a Dji Mini 3 Pro as well as using an app called UAV Forecast which helps me determine the best time to fly my drone in the perfect weather conditions. Today I just like to know how should I adjust the settings within the app according to my drone so that I can fly my drone in the best possible weather environment because sometimes the app indicates it's "good to fly". However, when I head outside it is too windy that I can't fly. Please do let me know if y'all using this app too.

FYI the link is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.uavforecast

I would appreciate your advice and recommendations. It will be helpful.
2023-10-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Forget the silly app.
It does not know the conditions locally.
Trust your own senses rather than relying on seeing something on a dumb screen.
2023-10-30
Use props
No Original Thought
First Officer
Flight distance : 1411736 ft
United Kingdom

I used to use UAV Forecast until the reduced the free forecast down to just 3 hours which I feel is way too short to be considered a forecast.

I now use Drone Weather which has a very similar summary display of the next 7 days but is actually easier to configure.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=xyz.droneweather.app

You can select a preset for your model of drone but you can then also tweak the various limits, including max wind speed you are happy to fly in

From what I have seen it seems to be pretty accurate at giving you an idea of whether or not a particular day is likely to be any good for flying and even the hourly forecasts on the day seem pretty accurate.

As with anything that tries to predict the future, though, you'll still need to check actual customs when you head out.
2023-10-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

UAV Forecast/settings/threshold settings
Set these to match wharever you need.
2023-10-30
Use props
djiuser_ZTnrskXElEdS
lvl.1

Canada

No Original Thought Posted at 10-30 13:49
I used to use UAV Forecast until the reduced the free forecast down to just 3 hours which I feel is way too short to be considered a forecast.

I now use Drone Weather which has a very similar summary display of the next 7 days but is actually easier to configure.

Thanks for the advice. I have installed the app could you please provide me with the settings adjustment for the DJI mini 3 pro so that I also have the same?
2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules