1416 8 2014-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

So my Phantom 2 version2 that just came out with new compass shielding, motors esc. Seems to have 2 issues. 1; once I updated the FW on the unit and all the accessories the gimbal boots up faces straight down? 2; The gimbal also taps the ground when booting up? I feel like this thing needs some taller landing ge
2014-12-9
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try calibrating the transmitter in the "Phantom RC Assistant Software" then calibrate again in "Phantom Assistant Software".
Also make sure you have "Upgraded" selected under transmitter in the software.

That is, if you are using the newer transmitter with the silver tilt dial. Let us know if you get it figured out.
2014-12-9
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've calibrated in both the RC and Phantom Assistant software already but I did not recall seeing a check box saying "Upgraded" transmitter so I'll check that out tonight and let ya'll know!
2014-12-9
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

So my Phantom 2 version2 that just came out with new compass shielding, motors esc

Unrelated to your issue, but if you have these upgrades, then you have version 3, not version 2.  Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
2014-12-9
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I think V3 is only for the Vision + 2 not the Phantom 2?
2014-12-9
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I believe you are correct, only the Vision+ has the new compass, new controller, upgraded motors, etc but some of the description of the OP suggests that they may in fact have the Phantom Vision+ V3; I'm referring to the gimbal motion they mention.

raiedzeidan, are you sure this is the Phantom 2, V2?

What color is the compass?  Does it have a camera already mounted and if so what color?  Does the controller have a thumbwheel, top left towards the back side?
2014-12-9
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Here is a cool breakdown! Its for sure the Phantom 2 with H3-3D Gimbal that I hooked up my gopro to. My avatar is a picture of it.. It has the white compass that's enclosed on the leg. Controller has the tilt wheel in top left now (chrome) vs on the back. Also has the rechargeable lipo battery built in.

www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-2-gps-drone-rtf.html
2014-12-9
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I guess DJI snuck one in on us; I hadn't realized they released an update to the Phantom 2 but you are correct; that is a Phantom 2 with the upgraded parts.  I wonder why they are not calling it Phantom 2, V3.

Back to your questions...

What is/not working for you?
2014-12-9
Use props
wayne
New

United States

Reference the gimbal problem, check out this post:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id%3D10&lang=en
2014-12-9
Use props
Advanced