Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Horizon can it really ever be fixed??
893 4 2015-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

i have two inspires and for the most part i am very pleased one is darn near perfect gimbal is spot on 90% of the time and the other inspire flies perfect but the gimbal horizon and drift is off as much as 70-80% of the time. i was hoping getting a new gimbal for it might help but not to be. When i put the new gimbal on the affected bird i can tell no difference? i know this is a wide spread issue just hoping that some day there might be a fix, you never here DJI say anything about it so, how many of you are suffering from this horizon defect?
2015-9-6
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Man... i am so sick of this horizon gimbal issue... i have 2 Inspires also.... the first one which was one of the first had the horizon out of level.... pluss a bad glitch, that would send the Inspire of at a 45 deg angle at a rapid rate of knots... the first FW update fixed it... BUT...the next update bought it back... it still has it... the second Inspire i bought 4 months later has the problem also ... but not as bad... this problem is a major blemish on what is a fantastic UAV..... its a bit of a joke really .... question ... how can you tell if a Inspire shot that.... LOOK AT THE HORIZON.... god DJI ...dont you think that is embarrassing ?
2015-9-6
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

lol....... it is a shame because it is a hell of a quad if the gimbal was spot on...... could you imagine what a pefect world it would be
2015-9-9
Use props
drs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 690863 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the exact same problem, and my brother who also has an Inspire 1 has the same problem. This is after calibrating the IMU, and calibrating the Gimbal on a flat surface. The issue happens when flying the Inspire 1 sideways. I can be fixed by rotating the Inspire 1 in the air, but that doesn't help fix the bad video. It also quickly drifts off again as soon as you fly sideways.

I got a new gimbal from DJI, and it did not fix the problem.

DJI PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!
2015-10-3
Use props
drs
lvl.1
Flight distance : 690863 ft
  • >>>
United States

skycam Posted at 2015-9-7 01:48
Man... i am so sick of this horizon gimbal issue... i have 2 Inspires also.... the first one which w ...

I just tried this (Compass calibration on a flat surface), and it doesn't fix the problem. As soon as you start flying sideways (yawing), the horizon starts to tilt. If you stop movement, and rotate the Inspire 1, it brings it back to horizontal, but in the meantime it has ruined your video. Then as soon as you fly sideways, it goes tilted again.

DJI has a problem here that they need to fix.
2015-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules