I am confused & disappointed.
2015-9-7
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Per DJI it's to big a platform in short. The MATRICE won't have it either.
2015-9-7
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Not for now, its a bit harder to program this. It is possible that DJI will program it in the future.
2015-9-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Skywolf007 Posted at 2015-9-7 09:52
Not for now, its a bit harder to program this. It is possible that DJI will program it in the future ...

its already available in 3rd party apps.  DJI doesnt want to assume the liability, its very simple to implement.
2015-9-7
Use props
Steve Reid
lvl.1
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-7 14:36
its already available in 3rd party apps.  DJI doesnt want to assume the liability, its very simple ...

Now I find this out. I own a airboat and want this feature so much in my adventures. After buying 2 Inspires I find out i can't get this. I'm pissed!
2015-9-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

Steve Reid Posted at 2015-9-7 13:55
Now I find this out. I own a airboat and want this feature so much in my adventures. After buying  ...

I forget what they are called, havent used them and maybe they are still beta testing but i know there are at least two 3rd party apps that can do this.  however i think that as with any auto flight such as return to home it significantly reduces the speed it flies at.  Be easier to get someone else to drive the boat and you fly probably, especially if youre going more than 25mph. not sure if you can adjust that speed in the 3rd party apps or not.
2015-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can have Follow me in AutoFlight Logic 2.0 for the inspire 1. I was on the Beta testing group and this is a link to the thread. It works very well and hopefully we will support the efforts of this AutoFlight group!

link: http://forum.dji.com/thread-24712-1-1.html

AutoFlight Has released this App for approval and you can now purchase it from their website soon.  "Autopilot v2.0 is pending App Store approval and will be available shortly."

link:
You can purchase it soon for about $20.00  after approval I think.

http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot
2015-9-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-7 15:33
You can have Follow me in AutoFlight Logic 2.0 for the inspire 1. I was on the Beta testing group an ...

just for curiosity sake is it capable of flying at top speed in auto mode on this 3rd party app or is it limited to a slower speed like the RTH autoflight in the dji app?
2015-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-7 14:09
just for curiosity sake is it capable of flying at top speed in auto mode on this 3rd party app or ...

The range and speed is limited by FAA  not just DJI. I don't have the App open right now but I believe you can set it for 80% 40mph speed. The 400 feet above ground and 1000 feet out.

To be honest the range worked fine for everything I did during the testing. You can find more information on their website.

Rich

2015-9-7
Use props
balingbalingclu
New

Indonesia

Im so dissaponted!  I should not buy this expensive toy !   Phantom 3 Pro is much much better!... More functions and more cheaper....  :@   
2015-9-8
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-8 04:33
You can have Follow me in AutoFlight Logic 2.0 for the inspire 1. I was on the Beta testing group an ...

As you have tested this app and used it can you tell me just how hard or easy user friendly it is, in other words id it easy to figure out, I have both the inspire 1 and P3P I intend on using this app with, I have been flying UAV's for around 4 years I also have P2+ and I was one of the first batch inspire owners, is it safe to use as of now I just updated to last FW just released
2015-9-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

balingbalingclu Posted at 2015-9-8 05:59
Im so dissaponted!  I should not buy this expensive toy !   Phantom 3 Pro is much much better!... Mo ...

Then buy it and stop complaining.  Wow, I can't believe that so many people complain about things that they really shouldn't be doing.
2015-9-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-7 23:00
The range and speed is limited by FAA  not just DJI. I don't have the App open right now but I bel ...

why does the faa limit speed? cause its automated flight? i was talking about physical capabilities, which dji limits the speed like for the RTH function in their stock app.  Just wondering if the 3rd party apps still adhere to this autoflight speed reduction or if you can override it and utilize the drones top capable speed it goes in manual flight mode.  thanks.
2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tk2004hm@netzer Posted at 2015-9-9 07:26
As you have tested this app and used it can you tell me just how hard or easy user friendly it is, ...

Okay, with your experience it should be pretty straight forward. Yes, you need to read the  flight school instructions before using the App. I think it is pretty easy to use once you understand all of the terms and settings. Yes the new firmware from DJI works with this App and it was Approved for Sale today!

I think you would like it and you can buy the features you want to use.

Rich
2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shadrack Posted at 2015-9-9 08:46
Then buy it and stop complaining.  Wow, I can't believe that so many people complain about things  ...

I understand your beef and I am sure this is about Safety and not about regulation. You can disengage the AutoFlight 2.0 anytime you want to and gain full control and speed. It has many options, simply go to their website and read the Flight School documents to give you a better idea how everything works.

Rich

2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-9 12:48
Will someone please tell DJI that the FAA don't legislate flight for the whole world and Washington  ...

Hey Paul,

I understand your beef and I am sure this is about Safety and not about regulation.

This is all that I have heard and maybe someone else can comment on this subject from DJI?
2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

balingbalingclu Posted at 2015-9-8 03:59
Im so dissaponted!  I should not buy this expensive toy !   Phantom 3 Pro is much much better!... Mo ...

Maybe DJI will include the follow me feature for the Inspire 1 soon ?
2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-9 19:35
It was DJI-Dave, if I recall, who posted (in response to Farnk666) that DJI's decisions were based ...

I don't remember this completely...   We can only hope that these things will work out in time for everyone.

Rich
2015-9-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-9 21:51
Coming soon, Rich... Coming soon....
Just like...

Funny thing is that all the guys I know that have been flying things for years love the Inspire.  Not one of them complained about missing features.  Guys that race quads on the side for fun but actually use these for work purposes and to do SFOC work in Canada.
I have had now since April.  Have an S1000, have a P2 with GP3 decked out for FPV when we record formation flying with FPV Easystars for fun.  (private land stuff, never around others).  I have never felt ripped off by this product.
Disappointed by the drift introduced in the last firmware....sure..
Little put off by the attention to Apple vs the Android app....yeah.
But in no way am I disappointed in my purchase.
I have done work with a Japanese television station providing owl habitat video.  I just finished filming the million dollar cabin give away for one of our lotteries.  The output blows away those that don't try to pick and find something to not like.
I could care less about follow me with an Inspire.
Care less.  This is a purpose built craft and it's purpose is to have a team operate it, giving you the absolute best opportunity to capture exactly what you want.
Point of Interest I love as it makes it easier to capture those type of shots.
Waypoints?  Maybe if I have a client who wants the same footage captured over time, sure, but even in that case I would fly the route and mark it even if I could do it another way.  Just more comfortable and to me, more professional.  
Other than that, I don't care at all about course lock, home lock, as I never used them on my Phantom, and didn't use them with my Blade 350QX.
There are a number of products that will do that for a lot cheaper.  Get a solo if you want that, and all the fancy gimmicks.
Or learn how to fly them yourself with a camera operator like I do.
Don't have an operator, then maybe the Inspire wasn't the right choice.
There are a ton of safer options that won't hurt the wallet, or you, as much as the Inspire will if it hits you.  Ask Enrique....
You don't buy a Lambo and complain that it can't pull your trailer.
If you do, then maybe you deserve to suffer the pain you bring on yourself.
Just saying.
;)
2015-9-9
Use props
tk2004hm
lvl.2

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-10 10:18
Okay, with your experience it should be pretty straight forward. Yes, you need to read the  flight ...

Thanks Rich, I have purchased the app and going to read the flight school a few times, may go out this weekend and give it a try with my P3P so if something does go wrong not a big of a loss as my Inspire, but hope I don't have to worry about that.
2015-9-10
Use props
bruce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65916168 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought AutoFlight. Was in the Beta but was too busy with DJI betas. Will fly soon weather permitting..
2015-9-10
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 08:13
> You don't buy a Lambo and complain that it can't pull your trailer.

You do if that Lambourghini  ...

32 channels to 8? That makes you happy, does it?
Sudden voltage drops causing the Inspire to land in-situ over water or not... This is a good thing which fills you with the warm and fuzzies?
Features which were supposed to have been available out of the box, which clearly do not work properly, if at all - This is something to be proud of, is it? Something deserving of praise?

No, that didn't make me happy, but I understood why, being an owner of an IT services company and understanding the issues they were having before.  
I have had none of the issues you describe.  None.  No voltage drops, etc.  Those were fixed and had to do with treatment and batteries did it not?
And I didn't mean a Lambo tractor, knew someone would call that as that is where Lambo came from, I was talking about people buying the right vehicle for the right purpose.
Do I agree on the software side being lacking....absolutely.
Do I care that I don't have the simulator and apple does?  Nope.  Some people do I am sure.
As far as removed things.....you must have a different bird than I do.  Mine worked perfectly last night.  Firmware improved the drift and in a 35 kph wind she was stable and help position perfectly.
I am not a software engineer, but I am a guy who has been flying RC for 25 years and camera rigs for 6.  I do work for commercial applications and do site work for construction companies, as well as promotional for advertising....all with permits or proper exemptions of course.
I bought this for the purposes that I have been using it.  That hasn't changed.
It does what I bought i to do.
Maybe it doesn't do what you guys bought it to do, so complain.  
People complaining about not having follow me on the P3, sure, ok, even then I would not want to have a drone that sized chasing me but that is just me.  Not having it on the Inspire and crying for it to me is ridiculous.  I don't want my heavier hard bladed, sharp cornered I1 following me and potentially having an issue due to GPS problems, and lets face it, a lot of GPS problems have nothing to do with the units but more the issues with GPS.
Free country, spend your money where you want.  Complain by not buying future product from DJI.  I guess I get tired of reading all the negative when this craft has been a great addition for me and needs more good press once in a while.
2015-9-10
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

The power ratio between the P3P and I1 is large. Let alone the gross weight . So, Expand your horizons with additional ACs to meet your specific needs. Do not depend on one AC to accommodate ALL of your needs. Diversify!!!!
2015-9-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tk2004hm@netzer Posted at 2015-9-10 05:50
Thanks Rich, I have purchased the app and going to read the flight school a few times, may go out  ...

I am sure you will be fine and enjoy the experience. Have fun and be careful until you get a handle on the new software.... it really is not to hard at all

Rich
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules